Prologue
53 6 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

December 2012.

     Officially the month it all started. It  first spread through plants, then animals until it infected water and nature, before reaching us. No one knew the origin, why or how, just that it was the beginning.

Of what? you'd ask me.

The beginning of a new era .

     All started when more and more people became sick, the symptoms were the same as those of a simple flu, but after a few weeks, 1/10th of the world's population was infected, after eight months the virus had infected 67% of the world's population. 

     It quickly attacked human beings, first affecting the elderly and then people with physical predispositions that made them vulnerable. 

     A few weeks after the virus began to spread among humans, people the least resistant to it began to succumb. After a few months, the death toll attained  hundreds of thousands. This period lasted eight year and reduced the world's population by almost forty per cent. But the virus was just the beginning. 

     Those who had managed to survive to it were now in a state of unprecedented precariousness, hundreds of thousands of families had lost all sources of income. The virus did not only touch human species, it had also transformed previously fruitful territories into deserts, causing several conflicts between countries, the race for survival was underway and only the strongest were likely to survive.     

     Those conflicts led to several wars between countries later causing World War 3, which lasted for 100 years, from 2020 to 2120, during which the greatest powers at the time, fought a fierce battle. In September 2120 the peace treaty was finally signed and from this treaty were born the 7 Confederate states that govern the world today, Aardes, Jorden dharti, lak, lu'um, alarad and Late. 

     Several years after the signing of the peace treaty, humans who had developed resistance to the virus began to show signs of a new disease. But instead of them being the introduction to another deadly sickness, they were the first step in the evolution process of the human species. Some people after the onset of symptoms had developed particular characteristics. It was only after some time that they were introduced to the world. The first super humans, some of them could fly, others had a super strength or even a super intelligence. 

     And that was only the beginning, exactly 110 years after the epidemic in 2012 and 2 years after the end of the World War 3, 97% of the world's population had developed Super powers. Several private organizations and laboratories then began to develop theories based on the results obtained from their researches. 3 years later the world had accepted this new stage of human evolution. 

     Today, 300 years later, 98% of newborns are born with antibodies allowing them to resist the virus and develop super powers. the virus now called 'Tora' is part of the human genetic heritage of 98% of all evolved humans and only 2% of all newborns are born without it, among them, only one out of ten thousands manages to survive, they are called defectives.

0