Chapter 15
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Steve reflected on the talk he had with his mother a few days ago when he refused to visit the Museum of rock. Luise, his mother had told him that she heard some evolved had managed to change classes by touching a stone of origin and that perhaps, if he too tried, he might receive his powers that way. 

 

     Steve after that statement went in an immense rage, he wondered how long this obsession of her would continue, why couldn't she accept him as he is.  Lost in his thoughts had not noticed the immobility of the car in which he was. As Yuri was starting to out of it, he was still sitting, his elbow on the armrest of the door and his head resting between his hand, his eyebrows creased as he stared into nothingness. Yuri, tired of waiting for a reaction from him said.

 "Do you intend to continue to languish for a long time ?"

"It's just that ..." Steve's face, which until then was clenched, relaxed as he continued.

"My mother's obsession is ruining my life."

"I think it's time you talk to her about it, it's been more than 10 years man"

"Do you think I didn't try, she doesn't want to hear anything"

"Okay, in that case, there's just a few weeks left before graduation, I think the best thing would be for you to go home, listen to everything she has to say and then decide if you want to follow what she tells you to do or not."

"And if you don't agree with her proposal my parents won't come back for 2 months, you can use the guest room if you want"

     A few seconds passed, and in Steve's mind, a plan formed, what appeared as a dilemma before his eyes, finally began to clear up.

"The wisdom king is always right," said Yuri  with a smile on his eyes.

"And the worst part is that I'm starting to think it's true," replied Steve.

     Yuri and Steve finally got out of the car, the runner's rendezvous point that night was right in the middle of the mountains, a huge dome in which the races will take place was erected there. That dome was the particularity of the runner's race and also the raison why they could continue to run those races without being caught. It assembled at the meeting point before each meet up and was protected by a spell called 'presence' that allowed its presence to not be detected. Only those that had received a autorisation from the system and members like him and Yuri could see it. 

     Motorcycle races were on the programmed for the night and just one car race was announced. Both headed to the group of spectators who stood near the starting line to check the different models of car and motorcycle in competition tonight.  Among the bikes some were collection pieces and operated on electricity, but, for the others, most were anti-gravitational motorcycles operating with fragments of some stone of origin. At the exception of the runner's all the other races of Sindara allowed the use of powers, each participant could transfer his energy into the rock fragment of his processor and increase the power of the vehicle. 

     It was when he was 9 years old that Steve's passion for racing was born, one of his tutors was a huge race enthusiast and participated in several amateur races. Luise had strongly opposed to his interest in the sport, which she considered too dangerous. Soon after, his tutor had been disposed, it was only later at the age of 16, after meeting Yuri, that he was introduced to the world of underground racing. 

After the public had finished observing the cars and motorcycles in competition and all the bets had been done, the races began, Steve who had decided not to participate joined the other spectators, he watched the races the entire evening until dawn before returning home.


The system is a program developed by cerebral evolved that control the flow of magic in an area. It can create or maintain spells, like a magical assistant. Most space and object have their own system, houses, cars, phones, watches and so on. The system is everywhere.

0