Chapter 17
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

September 22, 2312, 9 a.m.

Steve's alarm clock was ringing  "wake up, wake up", he extended his arm to his bedside table to turn it, off but the place was empty, his hand went through fine air, he tried several times but still nothing, annoyed he finally opened his eyes and the scene in front of him, cut his breath. 

     All the furniture in his room at the exception of his bed were completely broken and scattered on the floor, as if a tornado went through his room. Steve tried to remember what had happened, but despise his efforts, no memories were coming back to him. It was then that he noticed, he could not remember anything related to yesterday's evening. His last memory was when he arrived at the museum with his mother, he clearly remembered getting out of the car and walking through the door, entering and then nothing, no more memories. 'How was that possible' he wondered.

"Oh my God, what happened in this room ?"

     The voice of Gerald his father drew him out of his introspection, Steve immediately went to him.

"I, I ... I don't know, I don't understand where Is Luise ?"

"Your mother had an emergency meeting, but I don't think she knows more than you or me, since she had to leave for Lara last night, to make sure she arrived on time" said Gerald.

"Maybe it was a robbery, we should call the police."

"I'm going to call your mother first, during this time check your room if you have missing valuables"

     Steve wondered for a while who could have managed to break into their home. The house was overly protected, with several security systems, motion detectors, thermic cameras and of course all kinds of spells, all managed by Elia their system and connected to the central database run by one of his parents' companies. The kind of noise something like what happened in his room would have made was enough to wake up the entire neighborhood. Elia had activated a spell to reduce noise in the house but it only worked if that noise was made by member of his family.

     If an outsider had tried to enter their home the emergency procedure would have been initiated and the house would have automatically locked from the inside. At least, a class C psychic would have been needed to disable Elia, but for steve, this hypothesis was certainly wrong. Psychics were very rare and they were generally part of the richest families in the world. Although his family was considered by many to be very wealthy, the gap between the world of psychic and his remained very large.

"Steve, I can't reach your mother, I called the police they'll be here soon. Are you sure you don't remember anything?"

      Steve was still trying to search his memories, but the more he tried to remember the more his memories became blurred. "aaaaaah ..." he cried, an unbearable migraine took over his head. he felt his brian getting hotter and hotter to the point where he felt his temples vibrate at the rythme of his heartbeat. 

     Steve sat down in his office chair, that he had removed from the pile of the scattered fourniture as he searched his room, his temperature continued to rise, his colorless face quickly changed from white to scarlet red. 

"Wake up, wake up, wake up..." the alarm kept ringing.

"Stop..." he yelled.

Gerald, who had returned to the kitchen trying to reach his wife again, heard a big BOOM sound coming from Steve's room. Immediately he turned heading straight to his son's room. The moment he walked through the door another loud sound was heard, this time weaker than the first but more intense like a mixture of hissing and radio noise. 

     Panicked, he quickly approached his son who had collapsed. It took him just a few seconds to understand what had happened, all the electrical appliances in the house had exploded and for him, the person who caused this explosion was the same who had vandalized his room, Steve himself.

'How is this possible' he wondered 'Steve was born without power.' Thousands of questions formed in his head but for now they had to remain unanswered Steve had to be taken to the hospital.


Hey guys starting today I will be posting one chapter a day either at 8:30 am or 5:30 pm GMT  until we reach chapter 50. Each chapter will be between 500 and 1000 words and yes I will also post on week-ends. If you like my novel please rate it, comment it or share it with friends. I am really eager to better myself so all critics are welcomed. Lastly English is not my native language please be understanding about the mistakes but pointing them out would help me better myself. Thank you ?

0