Chapter 21
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack as usual was in the kitchen, he had just finished preparing their meal, Brian was sitting in the dining room, part of the diner had already been place on the table. On the menu ?potato salad, steak and chocolate cream. Alice finished to inspect the meal and said.

"It's not Sunday today ?" 

"No, but your brother has just been discharged and he has to regain his strength" said Jack.

"Oh, ok"

     

     Alice sat in front of Brian, since entering the kitchen, his eyes had constantly been on her. She didn't need him to say a single word to understand the message he wanted to say.

'I'll explain it all after dinner' she said to him telepathically.

Brian's expression intensified for a few seconds before disappearing without a trace. At the same time Jack brought with him the last dish containing some kind of fruit mix, he joined them at the table, and then together began to eat dinner. 

     With the meal over, the plates and the kitchen cleaned, Alice knew it was time, she left the kitchen after she finished emptying the dishwasher and went to find Brian and Jack in the living room.

"I have... I have a few important things to say to you guys" she said, as she was sitting on the end of the couch where they were both already installed.

     Jack at that moment turned off the TV which retracted in the wall and faced her. Alice felt that he had perceived something by observing her during the dinner but he had not said anything. She knew that he was just waiting for the conversation to come from her and that he did not want to put pressure on her after the incident with Brian.

"Is this about your visit at the hospital this morning ?" said  Brian.

"What? Which visit ?" said Jack, who was both surprised and troubled, but especially shocked at not realizing Alice's absence this morning.

"You better explain yourself Alice" jack said, he used his military tone the same one he used during their first meeting.

Several seconds passed, and the surrounding silence became heavier and heavier, Alice exhaled and then said.

"Yesterday I got powers.... and Brian too.... Alicia said that Brian is a magician and that I am a controller.... and we have to find the other three and and ....." her voice was shaking as she struggled to form each sentence properly. 

"Alice..., calm down, we don't understand what you're saying." Jack was now back to his normal calm and peaceful voice.

"... Alicia" said Alice sighing, those few letters escaped from her like a silent and urgent cry for help.

 

     In an instant the pressure in the room increased, the temperature dropped and the air became more and more humid.

"What's going on ?" said Jack. 

     Alice's amber eyes suddenly became more intense, the slightly yellowish orange color had been replaced by an extremely dense and deep golden yellow, Brian recognized those eyes, it was the ones he had seen this morning at the hospital. 

     Alicia smiled, her gaze was directed at Jack and Brian and she couldn't help but find the situation hilarious. 

"Awesome " she said, bursting into laughter. Her laughter was slightly deep but very feminine. The laughter they heard was that of a seductive women, sensual and bewitching, no doubt this one was not Alice's.

Even if her voice was similar to her's, one could feel some authority or rather assurance, confidence in it. Alice's soft and uncertain little voice had been overpowered by Alicia's authoritarian and domineering tone.

"If you guys could see your faces, it looks like you're going to shit yourself"

'Alicia' said Alice, as she tried to get her to go to the point.

"Ok, ok...., fun killer"

     Alice and Alicia could communicate with each other telepathically without difficulty because they shared the same body at that instant, even if the person in control sometimes responded physically. But even without it the contract allowed all contractor to communicate telepathically with his protector wherever he was.

     Brian and Jack were still shocked by the scene unfolding before their eyes. Alice had become someone else, her appearance was still intact, but all the other aspects of her that defined her, had changed. The way she spoke, the way she moved, her voice tone and even the way she breathed was different.

"First let me say this clearly, I AM NOT Alice. You can call me Alicia"

"I am Alice's protector"

     Silence, several expressions appeared on Jack and Brian's faces, shock, surprise, doubt, questioning.

"I know it's hard to swallow, but I don't have time to be detailed"

"Alice, Brian and three others people formed a contract...." she paused, tilted her head then said "more like started a contract through a Stone of origin and that's why I'm here."

0