Chapter 24
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Celine and Tom looked at their son with intensity - how was this possible - how can he feel source. 

     The case of super human with a large amount of Qi able to compete with super humans such as summoner and psychic was not non-existent, but even those super-humans could not feel the flow of source without having to go through years of training. The evolved tank for the most part used source without feeling it, they knew it was there and managed to handle it but only a few were able to feel it. Feeling the flow of source was almost the same as feeling your own blood flowing, for most people it was inconceivable.

     At that moment Chris entered the dining room, all excited and giggling in every direction.

"Dad, Mom look I can make it fly" by pointing at the ball that was rolling in the garden.

     Later that evening, Tom joined Anck, who had gone to bed. He entered his room and sat on the desk in front of his bed. 

"Anck, your mother and I have been talking about your situation and both think that the best thing for the moment would be to inform as few people as possible."

"From tomorrow you and I will go to the practice center outside the city so you can learn the basics of control, and in three weeks we will redo your identification test"

"In three weeks? why wait so long?" Said Anck.

"I made an appointment with a friend who specializes in the study of source at the capital and he agreed to supervise your identification test" all of a sudden Tom took a much more serious and dramatic tone.

 "Anck, do not let anyone find out about the fact that you can feel source, do you understand what I'm saying?"

No reaction came from Anck following his question, so Tom added.

 "It's about your safety, and also your brother's, for now on this information must be kept secret."

After a few seconds of hesitation Anck answered. 

"Ok, I ... understand"

     The next day, at 7 a.m. Anck and Tom set off for the practice center. Each city had several practice centers, some public, run by the government to allow the less well-off to develop their powers, others private, generally reserved to the upper classes. 

      The requirements to be accepted in private centers were often very complex, not to mention the exorbitant price they charged to their members, despite that, the waiting list to become a member of a private center was on average six months. 

 

     Forty-five minutes later, they arrived at the private practice center outside of Sindara. A 20 storey tower stood in front of them. The excitement was mounting, for Anck it was his first time to step foot in a practice center. 

     Because it was illegal for young people to use their powers in public before completing the practical training, to avoid as many accidents as possible, each parents were required to train their children to the basic of power control in practice centers. 

     

     Most children as young as seven had to start their training in centers, some with teachers, others individually or with their family member. 

     Chris, who turned eight this year, had already been going to the practice center with their mother for three years. And Henry, on the other hand, had begun even earlier, at the age of three and a half.

0