Chapter 27 : steve
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

September 22, 2312, 6 p.m.

Steve.

"Mr. and Mrs. Long, please sit-down, I am the doctor in charge of your son."

     Luise and Gerald had just entered the office of Steve's doctor, both were nervous, it had already been several hours since they were allowed to see their son. He was confined in one of the hospital's wings while he was given series and series of tests. Both Luise and Gérald still didn't know if he had opened his eyes.

     When Luise received a call from her husband telling her about Steve's situation, she was already on her way to the airport. When they arrived in Sindara, she rushed to the hospital where they were. Her heart was gnawed with remorse and guilt, in a way she knew it was her fault. 

     She should have noticed that something had gone wrong since their visit to the museum. She remembered that the moment she walked through the door with Steve, he became strange. Throughout their visit, he said nothing, and even his movements were controlled and measured. 

     He walked towards Luci's showroom with her, but interiorly she felt like he wasn't there. She even found that for a few minutes he had suddenly stopped moving, and had stared at a red hair girl who seemed to be coming back from the showroom number seven. His frozen gaze was on her followed as she passed in front of them, with another girl of the same age, but this time blonde. 

     Luise had thought that maybe this was a new way of protesting, proving to his mother that this visit was the last thing he wanted to do. But even at the end of it, Steve still hadn't gotten out of his trance. 

     She was starting to get scared, maybe he will do something stupid, she started to think. Watching him on their way home, her heart was slowly breaking, she knew that her obsession made him unhappy, but she was convinced that it was for his future. Sitting in the back seat next to him, she realized at his condition that it was time to let him go, it was time for her to accept him as he was and stop trying to change it. 

     The doctor's voice brought her back to reality.

"We have made your son pass a series of tests, but all the results were negative"

"Nonetheless, your son is still in a coma, do you have any information that would allow us to understand what is happening to him?"

"For example, was he sick recently? Did he have an accident? How were his eating habits during the last few days?"

Gerald and Luise looked at each other for a few seconds, then Luise answered.

"No, Steve hasn't been sick for at least a year, he's always had an excellent immune system and his appetite hasn't changed much recently"

"I don't think he had an accident recently, Elias our system would have informed us," said Gerald.

"Steve is defective, his health is constantly monitored by our system," he added.

"In this case maybe it's an emotional problem," said the doctor.

     Upon hearing this sentence, Luise's hand started to form a point which she pressed on the side of her thigh. The doctor immediately realized that the atmosphere had changed and understood the situation immediately.

"Was your son stressed or under pressure recently?"

    

     When the question was asked by the doctor, Gerald sighed heavily, he knew that Luise was not willing to talk about that subject.

"The situation was a little tense between him and his mother these last few days," he said without giving too much detail.

"Ok....., I understand....., in that case, all we can do is wait, it's surely an emotional shock"

"Okay...., thank you, doctor," Gerald replied.

"You can go see your son if you wish, the nurse will take you to his room"

  Gerald and Luise got up and followed the nurse who guided them to Steve's room.

0