Black hole.
1.1k 6 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Ring* *Ring* *RING* *RING*

The sound of the phone alarm kept sounding in the background but its owner was already awake, making it almost purposeless. He woke up in a haze not really knowing where he was or what time it is. His eyes out of focus until a ringing in the background really woke him up with a start.

"Hash haah haah, what..... just happened?"

He get up from bed quickly and went to a mirror in the corner of the room to check himself. Before him was a face as white as ash with sweat dripping down slowly to the tip of its nose.

"What the fu*k did I just dream about?"

He tried to remember about last night's dream or more correctly the nightmare in which he heard a ear splitting noise and felt a certain gaze upon him that makes him look just like a piece of delicious meat. 

"What was that dream all about?  It feels so real....

Trying to gain more information from his memories he only got a headache that made the memories that he had just collected to be scattered again, like dust in the wind.

"Damn it! Why can't I remember?"

After trying to remember for about a few minutes he just decided to give up in frustration and  eat some grub instead. He settled for some reheated pasta from last night while absentmindedly watching the news.

He ate the pasta slowly with the voice of the TV in the background making him bored. After breakfast he decided to go out to the backyard and see how the trees were doing. He have a big backyard and his father not wanting to let it go to waste has planted in it a lot of fruit trees like cherries, pomegranate, lemons and an orange. Its was early spring and nature has started to rear its head, the cherries have started to bloom and the lemons were not far behind.

"It seems that this year will be bountiful.....huh?"

While checking the trees, a sudden urge to look to the sky came over him and he look up just in time to see the sky break open just like someone poking a hole right through it .

"........

He was stunned for a split moment not moving and just staring at the black gaping hole in the sky.

'Shit!'

In the next moment he start running towards the front door trying to get out as soon as possible, but alas just after five steps and a half finished word everything turned dark.

"Motherf*ck....

.... 

In the abyss, at the final point of the duel between the shield and the spear.

 The spear seemed to be exhausted from the struggle with the shield, but also from the erosion of the abyss which  constantly drained its strength. The ravenous spear had become a cornered animal and a cornered animal is dangerous.

 The spear started vibrating and in an act of revenge for this defeat it decides to seemingly sacrifice itself, just to take a piece of his prey . It starts to compress even more and making the tip of the spear more sharp and robust .

*Crack*

The spear had managed to pierce the shield at last.

........

Right after breaking through the shield the spear was staring at a blue and green planet which was being orbited by one moon . The planet seems abundant with plant and animal life, with beings big and small, just ripe for the taking. 

The hungry power even after battling with the shield it still had some power and with that power it plunged down towards the blue and green planet at an enormous speed trying to fish for something.

The power was incredibly fast arriving at the ground in less than a second showing its tremendous speed and it imediately started devouring everythingn in its vicinity, but this land he was devowering was not a land without an owner and that owner wouldn't let it do as he pleased.The shield started contracting faster and faster trying to seal of this unknown power inside and obliterated it in its own territory where it had the advantage.

Just as the power started to feed it felt something disturbing. It was being trapped in very fast and if it didn't retreat right now it wouldn't be able to leave anymore.Very fast it took what it just had in its mouth and made a retreat the way it came as fast as it could.

It arrived at the crack it had made in the shield in the blink of an eye rushing through it, but in the last moment the shield regenerated in an instant and thought it was thin, it did its job.

*BANG*

The power was surprised about the fast regeneration of the shield, but it did not stop and crashed head on with the shield breaking out and taking with it a piece of the shield. It managed to escape the clutches of the blue shield, but at what price?

It was exhausted after that long fight and now that it was out again in the abyss it was disappearing fast, but at least it had managed to  take its revenge. After some time it disappeared completely leaving behind its spoils of war.

It was a house and not just any house but the house of our MC. Along with that house was the piece of the shield that came off in the retreat of the unknown power. After the power disappeared completely, the piece of the shield as if by instinct wrapped around the house to protect it from the erosion of the abyss and after completing its purpose it became unresponsive and would not move anymore.

......

There in the abyss there is floating a lone house without a destination, without hurry. Floating there in the darkness like an exile looking for a place to call home.

18