Exploration 1
939 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a long sleep in his comfy bed our MC wakes up unhurriedly and slowly goes out of the house. 

In front of him is still yesterday's scenery, a big hole and his house is right in the center of it. 

" The house seems intact with nothing missing on the inside or outside with the exception of the lack of running water and power. 

Could this be? "

He really doesn't want this to be true, but the reality is that he was involved unintentionally in something that was unimaginable for him yesterday. After what happened he knew that this was probably not Earth anymore.

And how did he know that this was not Earth anymore?

' There has been no one that has come looking for him after all this time and taking into account that the crater he was in looked like it had formed from the house crashing down from the sky and the lack of any sort of rescue personnel  after all this time makes it almost impossible for this to be Earth. 

Secondly, the gravity here seems to be lower than that of Earth about 2/3 of its normal gravity, the air seems to be cleaner and more filling to. 

Lastly are the trees in the horizon. They looked like ancient behemoths towering above all things in nature.
He wasn't that knowledgeable about the flora of Earth but even he knew that there doesn't exist a tree that large let alone a forest.'

"Hehe, I'm really f*cked aren't I? F*ck....

Although it was hard he accepted reality pretty quickly and knew that for him to survive out here he had to go out there to explore , maybe even find something to eat because last time he checked the fridge was almost empty with the exception of some cheese, some sausage, two eggs and some vegetables. 

After lamenting his empty fridge for a while he made up his mind. 

' I need food and water, quickly! I have to prepare.'

He found an old schoolbag in which he stuffed the cheese and sausage, two 500 ml bottles with water, some clothes, a pair of shoes and 3 small paring knifes. He also broke of the wooden handle of the mop and together with a cheap but sturdy kitchen knife put together a makeshift spear by taping the knife at one end of the mop handle with duct tape. 

After making sure that everything was ready he tried to hype himself up.

"Ok you got this. Everything is ready and there is nothing to worry about. You just have to stay alive and that it!

Easy as pie....

Armed with a makeshift spear that wouldn't even be used to pick the teeth of the predator who could eat he set of in this unknown land.
.....

The trip to the edge of the huge crater was an uneventful one. He only saw rock and dirt along the was. He also made sure to move slowly so that he wouldn't miss anything important or be attacked by something and like that he arrived at the edge of the crater.

"So, this is it huh? I was expecting more...

He slowly raised his head from the crater to analyze the surroundings and making sure there wasn't anything around.
After that he slowly got up and started walking forward with the spear in his hand which was ready to stab at any moment.

 He walked in a straight line for about 2 km before a rancid smell made me stop .

"Ughhh...the hell is this smell?"

It was a horrible smell and easily one of the most disgusting smells he ever experienced. He tried breathing through the sleeve of his shirt, but that just made breathing harder and did nothing about the smell that seemed to seep through the pores of his skin.

Dealing with the nausea from the smell he pressed on, curious about the origin of it. After walking for about 400 meters he came across the mangled corpse of some animal.

'A carcass? Why is it so mangled up?'

"Ahhh...

It was so mangled up that you could not recognize what it was. It looked like just a big pile of flesh, blood and bones. Je approached it while being in full alert, but it was unnecessary.He stood right beside that piece of flesh wondering what to do next when a sudden feeling of hunger overcame him and made him lose control of his body. 

"Mgg....what iss.....

He just stretched his hand and touched the unknown carcass. Just as I touched it, the carcass began to shrink rapidly. It was like the pile of meat just decomposed  and in moments it was just a sack of deflated skin.

"What just happened. I feel so good, like I just had the best sleep in my life."

After he regained his senses he saw what had happened and was surprised . A whole animal was just absorbed by his hand in seconds. 

' No it didn't  just absorb it. It also made me feel rejuvenated like after a long and enjoyable massage. '

He tried touching the carcass again to see if the same thing would happen, but it didn’t.

 'Why isn't it working? 

Maybe, it didn't work because there is nothing more to absorb in that carcass. Yeah, that has to be it.'

After some more experimenting he decided to do one more test and that was and that was trying it on himself. 

' It's risky, but it is something that I have to know.'

 He touched the left pinky finger of his left hand with his right hand and ... nothing happened.

"Huuuuu....

He exhaled letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding in.

" Nothing happened...

Does that mean that it doesn't work on me? Thank god...

He was so happy about this discovery because if it had worked he would have to say bye bye to miss Handy forever and that would be just unacceptable in these hard times.

After some rest and a small grub he was on his way again. Along the way he picked up different types of fruits that seemed to have fallen from the trees and stuffed them in my backpack. There were a variety of them with different shapes and colours, all unknown to him. During that time he came across other carcasses and  absorbed them to.

......

*Tap*

He suddenly stopped and looked at his wrist.

' It has been 5 hours since I left my house according to the wrist watch. I have exploded enough for today so I better get back to the house. Also , even though there had been 5 hours since I left the house the position of the sun hasn't changed that much making me suspect that the day cycle here was longer than that of Earth.'

"I really need a good nap."

......

In about 1 hour he was again at the edge of the crater. He went down slowly making sure not to fall and made haste going back to his house.

15