Exploration 2
809 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

........

 The next day curiosity took the best of him and he decided to eat one of the fruits he had gathered. He choose a fruit the size of a basketball with a green skin and cut it open with a knife.It was a little difficult to cut its skin with a knife, but after a little trying he succeeded and took a small bite out of it.

 ' It is quite juicy to be honest, but not that good tasting . It left a bad aftertaste in my mouth and tasted like a sour peach.

Not that good , but I can eat it.'

Next in his mind was to figure out what the hell was happening to him. He looked at his hand and frowned.

" It seems that by touching it with my I absorbed from dead bodies their flesh, organs, and viscera but left behind their skin and fur. What caused this to happen is unknown, but I will be damned if I don’t figure it out."

He grabbed another weird fruit from the backpack and held it on his hand trying to replicate the feeling when he absorbed that carcass. He took a deep breath and closed his  trying to concentrate on that feeling. 

One minute passed, then ten minutes, and when as the sixteenth minute was approaching the fruit begun to shrivel up . In less than ten seconds the fruit was left with just its skin and seed remaining.

"I did it! I absorbed the fruit."

He was happy to figure it out so fast, but it wasn't over yet. While the fruit was being absorbed of its nutrients he carefully tried feeling where all that went. 

' The absorbed substances seemingly turned into some kind of energy that flowed though my body for a little making me more relaxed and also reliving my physical and mental fatigue, before congregating in one spot and then being absorbed by something in my upper body , just below the stomach.'

He quickly grabbed another fruit from the backpack and absorbed it, but this time more slowly trying to get the feel of it. The fruit shrivelled up again, and that feeling of relaxation and absorption happened.

"Yes...

After a series of tests of trying to absorb other fruits, he came to the conclusion that the absorption happened when he touched something with his hand.

'For the ability to activate that something had to be firstly organic and secondly it also has to have some nutrients that could be absorbed. That is why the wooden broom handle of my makeshift spear didn't get absorbed when I was exploring outside before. 

Next was to find where all those nutrients went. '

He closed his eyes again and focused on the spot below the stomach trying to feel something. He tried for a while and lo and behold he found it.

As soon as found it, he didn't have time to rejoice because his consciousnesses was being dragged towards whatever that was, not leaving him any time at all to resist.

....

"Not again....

When he came to my senses, he found himself in an unknown, but also strangely familiar place. He was floating in an unknown, yellow, viscous liquid and in the centre of that liquid was a blue marble that had inside it a black ink like liquid, just sitting there undisturbed. 

"Is that the cause of all this?"

He approached the marble that was not far away from him and tried extending my band, but I had no hand to extend.

"Where is my hand!?"

 He freaked out and tried to move, but he soon discovered that his hand was not the only thing that was missing, his entire body was gone.

" What the hell is happening.... 

He had  seemingly turned into a grey, gaseous substance that had no shape or form.

"I.. I've turned into a cloud!? But why?"

After a bit of trying, he found out that he could move that gaseous substance with ease, making it turn left or right, up or down and anything in between.

After the initial shock happened he tried touching the blue gem once again but this time instead of trying to touch it with his hand he just concentrated hard on it and after concentrating on the gem for a while the gem started to shine and then...

.... 

"Haaa  haaa haaa haaa....

He stood up fast and was breathing deeply like he had just finished a marathon. Sweet was dripping heavily from his body and drenching the clothes he had just changed not long ago, making him look like a wet chicken. He looked tired, but his eyes and the huge grin on his face told otherwise. 

"HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAH...

He started laughing uncontrollably like a mad man and didn't stop until his sides started to hurt.

"Finally, everything makes sense now. This world, my disappearance, the blue gem, I now know everything."

"It seems that I am the unfortunate victim of the battle between two powers I can’t really comprehend, but I know one thing for sure. Nothing is going to be like before and the second and most important thing....

 I now have a system like in the web novels I read every day but a little different.'

"F*ck yeah, now that I got a system the future doesn't seem so bleak anymore."

He closed his eyes, and in front of him appeared his status.

 

Name

Nicolas Hunter

Age

20

Physique

4

Dexterity

6

Coordination

3

Sturdiness

3

Spirit

8

Affinity

None

 

 

16