Exploration 3
749 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before him now was his status page. It showed his physical attributes along with his spirit and affinity.

" From what I had just learned from the blue gem the place I had just been was my soul, and the gem was just a container for some type of energy.My body seems to have somewhat mutated by the cosmic entity that had fought the blue shield when I was in contact with it.  Now I can absorb organic things and turn it into some kind of energy beneficial to my body when absorbed . Also if my body can't absorb all the energy it will get stored into the blue gem.That energy that was stored in the gem could then be used to raise my physical stats or spirit.

 The way that worked was that I had to concentrate on the stat of my choosing, and will it to increase . As a result of the stat increase the energy that was stored in the gem would lessen by how much I increased a stat. The higher the stat the more of the energy was consumed."

' Physique was represented by muscle density, and the size of my body.

Dexterity was represented by the flexibility of my limbs especially my hands.

Coordination was represented by the ability to use different parts of my body smoothly and efficiently.

Sturdiness was represented by my overall bone functionality , especially bone density and the functionality of my organs.

Spirit was the physical manifestation of my soul and mid, the bigger my spirit was the better my memory, my cognition, and my deductions were. Also I was less susceptible from any type of mind reading, illusions or soul attacks.

As for my affinity, that one was still unknown for the moment.'

" I'm f*cking OP right now!

Out of the whole of the stats my highest was my spirit at 8 and my lowest is my coordination and sturdiness at 3 each. Well that was normal taking into consideration that I didn't really do any physical activity like going to the gym or playing any sports that often.

My physique was at 4, really average and my dexterity at 6 because I really liked to stretch   for like five minutes every day trying to keep as nimble as possible."

' From this I gathered that the average of someone my age was about five points and the maximum was ten.The way my stats are raised is by stimulating that part of the body, for example if I raised my physique what would happen was that the energy that was stored in the blue gem would start to break down my muscles and then heal them rapidly which in turn will make them stronger. For sturdiness it affects my bone density by making my bones stronger but also makes my bone marrow more efficient, which in turn makes me more healthy but most important was regenerating faster from wounds (platelets) , having a better immune system (white blood cells) stronger to fight any strange disease or virus in this unknown world, and lastly for the icing on the cake, more faster, and  more efficient oxygen intake (red blood cells) which would make me less tired after any long lasting physical activity for example BATTLE.I also could learn certain types of skills which I would be trying later.'

"This system was really a godsend in this moment. By reasoning, and from what I saw in today’s exploration, the forest was a very dangerous place for me as I am right now. From the size of the carcasses I saw, the animals in this world were very big, at least 2-3 times bigger than that of earth, which would mean I was but a little snack in their eyes.

For now any creature in the vicinity of the crater had either died from the impact of the crash or has fled in fright from the loud noise, but after some time those animals would come back to reclaim their territory and when they do I would be strong enough to defeat them or become a rare treat for them."

After looking at the system for a while and not finding anything else he decided to take a well deserved rest.

....

"Nnnggggg.... morning!?"

After he woke up he noticed that the sun was setting. He looked at his wrist watch and found that around six hours had passed. That made the daylight cycle here about 18 hours from his calculations, making it longer than earth's.

"It's going to be a long night."

The next thing he did was to open his status and raise some of his stats. The first stat I choose was coordination. 

" If I'm was going to fight anything in this new world except strength and speed I have to be able to use my body more smoothly and efficiently."

He sat down again with his  system interface open , focused on coordination and after a while the energy in the gem started to lessen.

He felt a warm stream enveloping his body which after a few seconds focused in his eyes, muscles, joints, brain and spine. This whole thing lasted for about 15 minutes and when he woke up he immediately felt the difference. 

"Hupp...haaap....haaa...

He did a few jumps, threw some pouches and one leg standing until he was satisfied.

"Good good....

 Firstly my balance seems better than before making me very happy. Balance is useful in any kind of situation, and secondly my body movements feel smoother than before , especially my hand-eye coordination."

After the pleasing results of raising coordination next was his sturdiness.He focused on his sturdiness stat and willed it to raise which  took  more than 20 minutes.

"Huuuu....

This time it was different.  It felt like something was nibbling my bones from inside out like a colony of ants. All my organs were hurting making me feel like they were on fire. My body looked like it was boiling, my skin had turned a very deep shade of red almost like blood and it hurt like a motherfucker. "

To raise his sturdiness it took about 25 minutes and  those 25 minutes felt like an eternity. There also weren’t any really noticeable changes, but what stood out was that his vision was better.

" That was really some Spiderman shit right there. My vision before was not that good at 10/20 and that’s was why I had glasses. Vision is also very important because if my glasses broke or I lost somewhere I would be left half blind in an alien world with the sight of a sixty year old man."

He closed his eyes again and looked at the blue gem in his soul. The energy inside it had lessened.

" From those two stats I raised I consumed about 1/10 of my stored energy.

I want to also raise my other stats, but the improvement of my sturdiness took a toll on my body. I'm dead tired right and all I can think about is taking a long relaxing sleep. "

He went to his bed staggering a little and fell right in it face first and slowly fell asleep smiling, looking at looking updated status page.

Name

Nicolas Hunter

Age

20

Physique

4

Dexterity

6

Coordination

4

Sturdiness

4

Spirit

8

Affinity

None

 

17