Deadly Encounter 1
660 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*chirp*  *chirp* *chirp*

The sound of birds was playing in the distance was very beautifully, but for him it wasn’t really that enjoyable. While the chirping sound of the birds echoed in the forest the sun had also begun to rise in the east. 

He slowly got up from the ground where he was sitting and started to stretch.

“Mmmmmmmmmmmmm....haaa, that hit the spot !

 So, I guess it's time , huh."

He went back inside to eat something, but halfway there he remembered that the fridge was empty so he turned to the backpack next to find only one fruit was left. 

"Oh well....

He just picked it up, cut it open and unceremoniously ate it. It was able to satiate his hunger for now but he needed more. After that he went to the backyard to take a looong shit because without running water the toilet was not an option, because it would make the whole house stink.

......

He arrived there will quick steps, took of his pants and squated. The whole thing didn't take more than one minute.

"I really need to find some leaves , because my toilet paper work last long."

After he took a shit he decided to look around for any options, but he had no luck.The backyard was no more the green heaven that it once was full of blooming trees and and grass.  It now stood bare of any green except for the orange which he was pleasantly surprised that at least had survived.

" This is interesting. So, only the orange survived , but why?"

 He approached to take a closer look and found that although the orange had withered somewhat it still had some green leaves intact. This was very good because if the orange survived he wouldn’t have to worry if the fruits he ate were poisonous anymore.

“I really have to find a stable source of food as soon as possible. Eating fruits is not that bad, but this is the wrong time to become a vegetarian . I needed to eat some fresh meat if I want to continue to stay as healthy as possible. Drinking water was also a problem but I think I have found a solution.”

He packed up his backpack with anything he needed, but also took one 1.5 L empty plastic bottle with him.
....

The sun had finally risen completely, shining its golden aura towards everything in this world.

" I think that I should scout the perimeter of the crater gradually and maybe I'll find anything about this place and if there is any way out of the forest."

 The direction he choose was the opposite one of yesterdays.
He slowly set out with the spear on his hand, backpack and a fresh pair of socks in his pocket. He was still moving slowly and carefully, but more relaxed than yesterday.

In about 20 minutes he arrived at the edge of the crater, and raised his head out to see.
The forest was still as quiet as yesterday, but he wasn’t taking any chances.

' Better safe than sorry.'

 He slowly got out of the crater and then rushed to the nearest tree.  This tree was gigantic, at least 80 meters tall and 10 meters wide, but it was still not comparable to some of trees in the distance. They were really monstrous with their height of at least 200 meters tall and 30 meters wide, they were really like world trees that popped up in various fantasy works of literature.

First in today’s agenda was securing some water, and how will he do it you may ask?

' I'm going to collect the morning dew that had accumulated in the leaves of some of the smallest foliage around me. Yesterday I saw a lot of plants about 2 meters tall that was like a potted plant that was normally seen in offices so they will be my target.'

He moved for about 20 more meters before he found what he was looking for. It was the plant he was ,one that had the big leaves that looked like elephant ear and could accumulate a lot of dew.
He took his 1.5 L bottle and started collecting the morning dew of the leaf carefully for about two minutes until it was filled to the brim. He then put it in my backpack to be consumed latter when he went back to the house and boiled it first.

' I'm not going to be stupid enough to drink the water without boiling it first and killing any bacteria living in it before drinking it. I am in an alien world and I could be killed by a hungry beast at any moment, but I really don't want to die because I got some bacterial disease from unfiltered water.

I don't want to be 'that' guy."

After he filled all his bottles including my two 500 ml ones he continued slowly onwards. During the way he saw some other carcasses and absorbed them until I came across a peculiar one. This carcass looked different from the others and when he came close I immediately understood why. 

It was some type of feline looking animal with grey fur , It was two heads taller than him and at least 4 meters in length without taking its tail into consideration. 

" It was definitely a predator taking into account it's razor sharp teeth that are as long as 20 cm and its hocked claws. The spiked tail only makes it look more dangerous and ferocious."

He frowned looking at this deadly beasts lying dead in front of him.

" I guessed from yesterday that if the carcases the animals were big the predators were going to be big as well, but this was really alarming. I really have to strengthen myself fast if I don't want to become a meal of one of these alien beasts.”

18