Hunt 2
541 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The battle with snake was very useful in understanding how strong he was at the moment compared to a week ago so he was pretty pleased.

' I have improved by leaps and bounds in strength and speed, but most importantly, because of my skills right now I am able to somehow contend with some of the smaller creatures of the forest, making me just above the bottom of this food chain.'

He slowly pressed forward moving farther and farther away from his house and deeper and deeper into the unknown . He continued forward without coming in contact with any new creatures for about one hour when he started to hear a sound. It was a faint but continuous sound, clearly not from an animal.

' I better check it out. 

If it's something dangerous I'll immediately retreat.'

He changed his direction and decided to go check out what  that sound was.

....

 "Hahaha, so that's what it was. Even this discovery alone is worth it."

The sound he had heard was water as he had just found a river. The sound he had been worried about was a little river.

It was shallow one no more than 1.5 m deep and less than 10 m wide at the place he was.

"The river is shallow so there should be nothing dangerous in it."

 He approached the bank and stared straight the river. In the crystal clear river there were numerous schools of fish swimming leisurely. 

“This is going to be both a good thing, and a bad thing.”

 Jack was happy about this great find because now that he had found a stable source of food and water from the river so he wouldn't have to collect morning dew anymore , but that also means that this was also a spot where the animals came to quench their thirst.

 ' The location of this river close to my home attracting all sorts of animals, making it a hubbub of life, and that included different types of predators. 

It's a double edged sword.'

It was not good to have around so many predators, but the cons were very big and he knew that.

' With the abundance of life on the river I could raise both my stats and skills to greater heights easily without looking for prey that could possibly kill  me.

I can't skip this opportunity.'

Right then  and there he decided that this river was going to be his daily hunting spot. Looking at the abundant fish swimming leisurely in the crystal clear waters of the river he decided to catch some.

He took of all of his clothes putting them in the corner of a tree  and with the spear in his hand he rushed to the river bank and jumped.

“CANNONBALL”

*splash*

He jumped and did a cannonball on the river, but soon regretted it as the cold water hit his skin.

“Brrrrrrr. The water is ice cold; it must come from the ice melting from the mountains to the west.

Still, this feels nice.”

 

After having some fun in the water, and washing away the filth that had accumulated on hus body for more than a week he decided to go right to business. He grabbed his spear that he had lodged deeply into the river bed mostly made of slippery rocks and went to work. He was trying to catch fish.

When a fish approached he would immediately stab it with my spear frightening the other fish around. He was not very successful at first, but after a while he got the hang of it  and with the help of THRUST he made quite a big haul for a first day.

“Oh here comes another one!”

THRUST

He quickly stabbed the fish with his spear and brought it in front of his face.

“You are a fat one aren’t you, you stupid fish!? Hahaha....

*Slaap*

As if the fish understood what he had said it started struggling so much that it freed itself from the spear and fell back into the river slapping him in the face with its tail in the process.

"Shit...

He was fuming. 

"A fish dared to slap me in the face? 

You think you can get away from me, you fat fuck? You are going to become this lunch’s main course.”

After an hour and a half of fishing he had caught at least 20 fish in total, but he couldn’t eat all of them so he absorbed all but one  that he would eat for lunch leaving in their place  only fish bones and scales.

He dried himself in the sun , while  also observing the change that had occurred to his body during the last week. 

He had lost all the fat that he previously had and replaced it with solid rock muscle. He now had a body like an athletes. Defined muscles that weren’t too bulky like the ones you got from going to gym giving him agility and not only brute strength to fight head on. His height had also increased  making him taller, but most importantly was that he had now regained his full vision removing a heavy burden that he had.

"If only I had such a body back on earth I would have smashed right and left."

After drying of he put his clothes on, gathered my stuff and headed back.

...

He arrived at his home just as the sun had started so set and let letting out a sigh.

' I was careless. Leaving myself open , even disarming myself....

The reason for that was that when he was gathering his stuff and preparing to head back he noticed that one of his wood javelins was missing so he freaked out a little, but didn't show it on the outside.

" I am very sure that I had all my three javelins with me when I arrived at the river, meaning only one thing.

Someone or something stole it without me noticing .”

That night he slept holding the spear tightly in his hands.

16