Making Friends 2
528 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three weeks has now passed since Nic found the river in the north and decided to make it his temporary hunting ground. Every day he would wake up early in the morning wash his face to get the drowsiness of , and ate breakfast.

His everyday breakfast consisted of fish grilled inconsistently on a stick and some fruit he collected in the forest a day before.He first cut of the fish’s head in one swing with his sturdy cleaver, gutted it, cleaned it and then grilled it on a stick above a fire. The fish leftovers were thrown in the backyard close to the orange that now looked grander than ever before. It had grown at least one more meter and expanded its crown to more than double that it was before. It had also made its thorns longer and robust,  looking  very intimidating as a tree.

 

During this time  his appetite had increased exponentially and that meantheI had to eat more and more food every day. The fish and fruits were good and all but he wanted more variety and  that was why he decided to hunt more variety of prey. His first target was a kind of deer that was two meters tall with green fur , three horns  two curved backwards and one in the forehead in a 45 degree angle.

He  firstly wore a self made camouflage outfit made of different types of shrubbery to blend in with the surroundings and then approach them slowly as to not get their attention. He would move slowly through the tall shrubs, stopping as soon as they raised their heads and moving again when they put their heads down and started to eat.

When he was close enough he would immediately spring in attack building momentum by running as fast as he could and  when felt he had enough momentum he threw a javelin that was longer and slightly smaller in girth to hid previous ones.

The deer would scattered as soon as they saw him dispersing into different directions  escaping unscathed most of the times , but he didn't need to succeed every time. 1 in 15 attempts were  successful, meaning he had enough meat to last me at least four days even  with his increased appetite. It would last him even longer , but with his limited knowledge of butchering I wasted quite a lot if meat in the process. With the dear creatures horn that was situated in the forehead he fashioned other javelins which were slightly  shorter than his main spear.

These spears were created to kill another type of creature he had encountered during this time and that was a mushroom boar. It was a boar like creature of 2.5 m tall 6 meters in length that had growing on its fur different types of mushrooms with different types of sizes and colours. It had six tusks with different sizes making its face a natural battering ram.

......

Jack was drawing something on the ground with a stick repeatedly. It looked like a battle formation? There was a big square and in front of it were numerous small triangles .

"Hmmm....no, maybe? It's not that risky and the easiest way."

 He was looking to kill a mushroom boar but he would never, ever wish to face it head on, because the only outcome would be him becoming a bloody corpse and that was putting it lightly.

.......

The very next day he put his plan into action. He arrived at the mushroom boar's favourite napping stop and hid behind a tree.

"Huu..huu....

He took a couple of small shallow breaths before putting his plan into action. He sneaked a peek and saw that the boar was having his midday nap.

' As expected the boar is sleeping.  When it is asleep attacking him from distance with my new javelins is going to be easy , but what comes after is a different story.'

Jack took a javelin he had to the side, held it tightly before he released it with his full strength towards the unsuspecting boar.

"Squeee~

The javelin  struck the sleeping boar in its hind leg leaving a small wound, but that was his intention as he knew he couldn't kill it in one shot.

"Squee..eee...

The boar  woke up in a rage looking for its aggressor. It's beady eyes were bloodshot and his snout violently sniffing the air. 

"Heeeyyy....

 Nick gave a shout and the boar immediately  rushed over like a bulldozer taking away with it everything in its path.

'Damn...

Although things were going according to his plan cold sweat still moistened Nick's brow after he saw the destructive power of the  boar as it rushed over.  

He  immediately ran for the nearest tree hiding from the boars rage, but that wouldn’t stop its frenzied rush. 

*BAM*

"Hah hah hah...

It hit the tree with all its force making it shake slightly and also broke of some of its bark with its humongous tusks, but nothing serious for the gigantic tree. Nick then circled around the tree going into another direction where he had strategically placed another javelin , picked it up and threw it at the boar again .

"Squee~

He repeated this several times targeting mostly its legs hoping to lessen its mobility as much as possible . Essentially he was like a matador with a bull, but in this case it was a huge boar.

Finally after a lot of times the boar was almost exhausted he baited it one last time, taking it to a trap he had made especially for it.

He had dug a shallow whole 10 cm deep and 2 m wide and lined it up with sharp spikes pointed upwards. It was a simple but effective trap.The trap was not far about 30 meters away making it a distance he could cross safely before the boar cached up to him.

 *Brrrrr*

"Squeeee...

The ground shook because of the stampeding boar but Nick couldn't hear it because of the heartbeat ringing in his ears and just jumped.

"Huaapp..

He jumped above the trap, but the boar fell straight into it.

*Boom*

'Hook, line, and sinker.'

The boar fell hard , but didn't die from that little damage. With Nick attacking its legs repeatedly and it falling into the trap, it had now lost all of its mobility, making it an easy prey.

"Time to finnish this big guy."

"Squeee...

While it was still dazed from falling into the trap he took the last of his javelins which was strapped to his back and rushed towards it. He did not aim for its body that was covered with a thick hide but for its soft vulnerable eyes.

"Huaapp..

"Squeee squeee squeee..

"Shut up and die!"

He stabbed the javelin deeply into its eye and gave it a strong twist making the boar squeal loudly almost rupturing his eardrum. After doing this he immediately let go of the javelin and retreated leaving the boar there while it died slowly.

After he killed the boar he immediately absorbed it earning a huge amount of energy, but this was not his real goal . His goal was that je  wanted to fashion leather armour from the boars thick hide making up for my lack of any defensive gear so he took the boars hide easily after the absorption and took it to my house to tan it.

 ......

  In the third week the weather was not that good with heavy rain falling for most of the day making going out just a hassle.During that time be just stayed indoors, mostly improving his skills and attributes, this time  using  the interface to raise his stats instead of  raising them with hard work because that type of training had stopped showing results.

"I'm almost there."

After three weeks the stats were now very close to the peek a human being could achieve.

 

 

 

Name

Nicolas Hunter

Age

20

Physique

9

Dexterity

9

Coordination

8

Sturdiness

9

Spirit

8

Affinity

None

Skills

11

Thrust lv 5

Lunge forward with any type of pointed weapon to cause maximum damage.

Side Sweep lv 3

Move your weapon in a large ark horizontally in front of you for maximum AOE damage.

Downwards Strike lv3

Move your weapon in a large ark vertically down in front of you for maximum damage.

Side Roll lv4

Roll in the ground to avoid any attack coming your way.

Throw lv5

Propel your weapon of choice in the air with a movement of the arm and hand to cause maximum pinpoint damage

Jump lv3

Push yourself off a surface and into the air by using the muscles in your legs and feet.

Parry lv2

Ward of a weapon or attack with a countermove.

Side Step lv3

Avoid an attack coming your way by stopping sideways.

Swimming lv3

Propel yourself through the water with the use of your limbs.

Running lv4

Move fast on land  with the use of your legs.

Carving lv2

Cut a hard material in order to produce an object, design, or inscription.

 .....

Two days after.

 The rain finally stopped last night, meaning that today is  hunting day for him. He prepared himself for a normal day of hunting, but that was not meant to be.

When he went to the edge of the crater he suddenly noticed something off. It was a humanoid creature that appeared motionless in the ground.

Je was alarmed at first , but when he saw it not moving he  cautiously approached it and when he was 1 meter away from it he was surprised.

“A monkey?”

It was a hairy monkey and it  was wounded. It's left arm was bleeding while it's right arm  was holding something familiar. It was tightly holding the javelin that was stolen.

14