Recovery and Partnership
501 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From what the monkey told him magic was something that existed in this world. It was bending the concepts of reality and physics by manipulating the energy that exists in this world, shaping it and turning it into something that could be used.

"  Magic huh...

How that was possible the monkey didn't elaborate, but  I'm sure with a little coaxing I could  wring it out of him.

 I need to have this power, no I need to if I want to survive."

.....

Two more days passed and the monkey was getting better and better. Its regeneration rate was astounding, mainly because of the use of it's meditation technique. It would sit on the ground outside and start to meditate in a cross-legged position like in xianxia novels.

During these two days Nick kept pestering the monkey with questions about it, until the monkey finally had enough of him and gave a simplified explanation of how his meditation technique worked.

The technique the monkey was using was called the Unmovable Earthly Body.  It was an earth element technique that revolved around making the body and soul of the practitioner as unmovable and strong as the earth itself.  It did this by absorbing the earth elemental energy into the body. What that ment Nick still didn't understand.

When the monkey started to use its meditation technique it looked really fascinating. His body would start to become surrounded by dirt and until he was completely covered from head to toe. Then the dirt started to compress around  forming a sold hard layer that outlined its body making him look just like a statue.

It stayed that way for about two hours, unmoving and unresponsive, until the layer of dirt started to peel of reviling the monkey’s body again. After every meditation its wound would get better and better, and Nick estimated that in a week the wound would be completely healed.

Nick asked if he could teach him the meditation technique, but his response was...

“Sorry, you have still not met the requirements to start meditating to absorb elemental energy into your body; there is nothing I can do.”

He was not discouraged by his words and asked it again what that requirement was and his answer was easy to understand.

“Your soul is not strong enough to be able to plant an elemental seed in it. For you to be able to absorb elemental energy you have to first plant an elemental seed in your soul and with it as the base start to absorb elemental energy until it sprouts. When that happens the seed would start to spread its roots connecting to your physical body and absorbing the elemental energy you gathered by meditating. It would then use this energy to grow bigger and bigger turning into a tree.

This tree functioned by absorbing the raw unfiltered elemental energy with its roots and then released  from its leaves pure elemental energy that could easily be controlled and used. ”

......

 "I see. So that's why. From what I understood I would have to firstly increase my soul in order to be able to plant an elemental seed in it. It made sense, just like a seed wouldn’t germinate on bad soil the elemental seed wouldn’t sprout in my soul if it was not a suitable environment for it to grow."

 

He was a little disappointed by the answer ,but that disappointed was only short lived when he remembered his system. 

" Who the hell needs a meditation technique.I could grow my soul in a short amount of time by increasing the spirit in my attributes tab."

He smiled to himself thinking this was just as good as done.

.... 

After two more days the monkey was now almost fully healed and it seemed like it was time for it to go back to its home.

Nick, not wanting to waste such a valuable source of information decided to offer it a proposition. The monkey would provide him with  the information  he needed and he would in turn provide him with food, weapons and  a  shelter  to hide if a situation like that  one  happened again. It was a deal heavily favouring the monkey, but it was something that was worth it. You have to give something to get something back and right now Nick was desperate for information.

The monkey thought it over and gave his answer.

 “Okay I agree with those terms. I will give you information and in exchange you provide me with a fixed amount of food every day, weapons and a shelter in time of need.”

"Deal!"

He extended his hand words it, making the monkey confused.

“It’s called a handshake. You clasp your hand with the other party and the shake it up and down in a sign of good faith.”

Clearly the monkey didn't know what a handshake was , but it still slowly shook his hand awkwardly.

“My name is Nicolas, what is yours?”

Not expecting the question the monkey answered unintentionally.

“Munnji.”

“Well its better than Bonzo, but not by much. HA HA HA HA HA AHA .”

Nick started laughing making the monkey perturbed why this man before him started laughing unexpectedly. Was he dropped from the tree when he was little and fell on his head?

"Hahahah...

Nick continued laughing uncontrollably, while still continuing shaking the monkey’s hand, making it an uncomfortably long handshake.

14