One Year After 2
480 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*tak* * tak* *tak*

 

The sound of the wooden staffs hitting each other was constantly ringing in the wind while a monkey and a human fought.

"Haht...

*Tak* *Tak*

  Nick jumped straight up and came down hard with a DAWNWORDS STRIKE, but Munnji easily dodged it and countered attacked him with a SIDE SWEEP which Nick parried with some difficulty and went for two quick thrusts towards his head and throat.

THRUST   THRUST

Munnji dodged them with quick head movement taking no damage whatsoever, but in return Nick got the upper hand in the fight. With the momentum he had created I kept pressuring him back with quick precise thrusts leaving him no room for counterattack.

*Tak*

"What's wrong Munnji, can't keep up?"

"Hmph....

Nick continued pressuring Munnji for a while until he suddenly stopped moving backwards and instead came rushing head first towards him. 

'Shi...

*Tak*

That move completely threw Nick of from his rhythm of attack and made him go into the defensive. After a few more exchanges they both went head on towards each other with a DOWNWORDS STRIKE.

*TAK*

They clashed but Munnjis strike was significantly weaker than his.

'Shit, it was a faint.'

Munnji had performed a faint letting him believe they were clashing head on and that it would be clash which would be determined by strength, but that was not the case. He easily let Nick's staff glide to the side with a well thought parry and striked Nick in the shoulder with the other end of his staff.

Munnjis strike didn't  have that much power behind it, but with Nick's inertia still moving him forward the damage was somewhat significant. Munnji managed to pull a fast one on him and succeeded, but je wasn’t a chump either.

When Munnjis staff hit his shoulder he endured it and in the process managed to catch the end of his staff and gave it a hard pull. That move made Munnji come towards him in a daze because he hadn’t still grasped what had happened.

"Got you!"

Nick immediately did jumping knee strike towards Munnji's head which he blocked with difficulty by putting one of his hands in front of his face.

*Bam*

The knee strike je performed was not that effective, but it pushed back Munnji enough for him to complete his next move. 

"Haap..

He again went with a DOWNWORS STRIKE pining Munnji in place not letting him move and essentially turning it into something Nick wanted, a contest of strength.

Munnji was not able to move even an inch, because if he did, he knew he would have to retreat and that would give Nick again the rhythm of the battle. He tried to think of something quickly, but he wasn't given that pleasure.

*Bam*

After Nick had him pinned down in one spot he immediately gave Munnji a low kick to his knee making him loose balance, but not damaging him that much.

'He's a tough bastard as always.'

The leg with which he had executed the low kick on Munnjin was hurting. 

' It feels as if I'm hitting a solid rock with my foot.'

He disregarded the pain coming from his leg and once again made a DOWNWORDS STRIKE towards Munnji.

Munnji saw his DOWNWORDS SRIKE coming and rolled to the side trying to escape the strike, but that move was already predicted by Nick. As soon as Munnji initiated the side roll Nick's DOWNWORDS STRIKE changed to a full strength SIDE SWEEP that sent the unsuspecting Munnji flying to the side like a sack of potatoes.

*BAM*

Munnji was sent flying for about 8 meters before he regained his balance and stood up again.

 “Had enough?”

“You wish.”

After the slight exchange of words they started battling again. They exchanged quite a few moves between each other until Munnji  did something unexpected by Nick at all.

After they disengaged for the umpteenth time and headed  towards each other again , staff at the front , he used his staff  like someone in the olympics that did  the pole vault , jumping above Nick ,doing a back flip and accurately hitting him with a THRUST  in the same place in the shoulder as before.

"Guhh...my shoulder...

Munnji turned his head towards Nick and said.

“Had enough?"

Nick wasn't mad and just smiled.

“Oh, now you’re a funny monkey?  Who did you learned it from?”

He looked perturbed and said in a low voice.

“You?”

“ Hahahaha...

You may have copied my sense of humour, but you have still a long way in the art of sarcasm my hairy friend.”

“Teach me then.”

Munnji said seriously before they went again at each other ,but this time more slowly, waiting for the opponent to make a mistake.

......

“ HAH HAH HAH ...

“ HAH HAH HA H...

“Why aren’t you attacking anymore, are you that tired?”

“Speak for yourself; you are as exhausted as me to.”

They looked at each other for a while and said simultaneously.

 “Okay, I beat your ass enough today”      “Let’s call it a day.”

 

After the spar the divided an orange Nick had plucked today and ate it.

"Eating and orange after a good spar is the best."

"Yeah....

 It washed away all their fatigue and healed any small injury they had  during the spar.

"You know I've been thinking...

 The time has finally come.”

 

14