Entering the City and Muffled Cries 3
362 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

He ran and ran speeding through dark alleyways, not looking where je was going, just following the sound  he just heard.

*Tap*

Finally after about a minute he arrived at the place where the sound was coming from. It was a dead alley that was filled with different kinds of garbage.

"Where is it...

 He started looking around for the source of the sound clearly worried and hoping that what he heard was just his ears playing tricks on him. He looked around and found what he didn't what to find.

" It was not....

 My ears didn't deceive me."

Behind a pile of garbage was a dead woman stripped naked without any clothing on her, lying there dead in a pool of her own blood.  Nick squated down to take a look.

' She had been stabbed three times in her stomach, but why?'

 She looked like a young woman no more than 25 years old with short dark hair and about 175 cm tall.

' She is definitely someone that took care of her appearance in comparison to the other women I have seen in the city. Her hands were smooth without any calluses or cuts which is very odd for a 20 + year old woman in this world considering that all the manual work like washing clothes, cocking, cleaning etc. Her skin was clean and white showing that she has had not much exposure to the sun , teeth were all there showing only small signs of decay .

She was definitely someone from a wealthy family or some kind of noble and not a homeless person.'

“What a gruesome sight. Humans are such beasts yet they see themselves as the perfect beings that have ever existed in this world?

 Ridiculous.”

It was the sound of Munnji that had finally caught up with me. Nick closed her dead eyes trying not to feel angrier than he already was and answered.

“You are right Munnji, humans are not that much different than the beasts that we have fought in the forest almost every day to survive.

They think they are the perfect beings created for a higher purpose, but in reality they are just hiding behind their ignorance that they take as  intelligence and judge all others  from their perspective even if their know viewpoint is wrong. They kill for the most ridiculous reasons and never accept that they may be the one at fault.

Heh....

They are just like a bunch of sheep in human skin that gather together for security, hoping that when the big bad wolf comes they will be lucky enough to survive even if their friend or family die in the process.

Chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience, kindness, humility.

They are just empty concepts that humans and other intelligent races have created to protect themselves from themselves, ironic isn't it . These loose concepts that are created by ignorant humans  to make  them forget about their true  vile and destructive nature.”

“I was just venting a bit. You didn't have to go all philosophical on me, did you?”

*Sigh*

“Sorry, I am just angry. All those beastfolk that I saw today being treated like objects and not living breathing beings. Being beaten for even the smallest things and now this... “

“It’s okay. Don’t punish yourselves about something you didn't do.

It’s not worth it, believe me.”

“Thank you my friend, I really appreciate your comforting words.”

 “Okay now what are you going to do next?  Are you doing to call the town guards to take care of the body or....

“No, if we alert the town guards we will definitely be implicated in something big and possibly even be accused that we have killed her.

Imagine the story...

A country bumpkin and his beast folk companion were captured in the scene of the crime where a young beautiful woman was found naked and killed brutally. They would definitely try to pin this on us.”

“So what are we going to do then?”

“Simple. We just go the way we came from and forget about it. “

“That's cold.”

“I know, but we can’t get mixed up in something that happened to someone we don't really ....

"UWAAAAAA   UWAAAAAAA ....

They booth froze in place. The sound of a baby crying was coming from trash bin not far away. They immediately rushed towards the bin opened it and inside it found a baby crying his eyes out. He was still very little seemingly no more than a year old

They were perturbed. 

'First a dead woman and now a crying baby in a trash bins?

What kind of sick world was this!?'

*tak* *tak* *tak*

The sound of shoes was heard.The sound indicated multiple people coming this way in a calm organised manner, definitely not civilians.

Nick beckoned at Munnji.

“Let’s go.”

"Are we leaving...

"No, I'm taking him with us."

Nick took the crying baby and immediately ran with Munnji back the way they came from.

11