Meeting Again 5
311 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We waited for a while for Faley to come , about 20 minutes. During that time we just spoke out loud about trivial things ,like the decor or the water being cold. The rest of our conversation was carried out in our minds using the soul link we had .

We used the soul link to communicate because we didn't know if someone had the ability to listen on our conversation and learn about  something we didn't want to be known. So, during that time we looked just like a human and a beastfolk from a village in the outskirts of the empire that were in awe of everything new.

*Creak*

The door opened slowly and inside entered Faley Mint with two people behind him on each side . To the right was a stern faced man and to the left a young unassuming woman.

They were the  ones that we suspected to be Faley's hidden bodyguards and we were right.

He entered the room slowly and smiled like he had been waiting for us.

He then sat on the opposite couch and said.

"Hello, Mr Nicolas  Mr Munnji , nice to see you again so soon.

This is a pleasant surprise, I wasn't expecting you."

"Yeah, we didn't plan to disturb Mr Faley so soon after he helped us the other day at the city gate, but I have some important business to discuss with you ."

"Oh, you got my attention but before..

*Snap*

He snapped his fingers and the male bodyguard moved to the table and took a small green kettle,a small pouch,the bottle containg  water and some small cups. He put them in a white tray and then brought it before Faley.

Faley then took the kettle poured some water , opened the small sack, took some leaves and put them inside also. Then he put his hand above the kettle and he held it there, making me wonder what he was doing.

After about 30 seconds the kettle started whistling , the water had boiled. This was the second time that I did not an explanation. First was the water being cold and the second this.

Seeing my amazement Faley simply said.

" This is not an ordinary kettle. It's a kettle that is engraved with a heat releasing formation. It is activated by pouring your spiritual energy into the formation which in turn activates it and releases the fire elemental energy contained inside the small fire element gem embended to the bottom of the kettle."

I took a closer look at the kettle and found that in the surface of it some kind of red lines that crisscrossed with each other and formed some kind of pattern all over it's outer surface.

" Very fascinating . Being able to boil water in such a fast time is really impressive."

Faley smiled in content.

" It's nothing, it's nothing."

He then poured me and Munnji some of the liquid which I took a sip from . Immediately after ,without being able to really taste it there was a feeling of relaxation starting to spread through my body making me relaxed.

It was similar to the feeling I got when I ate the orange . It was like I stretched after a good night's sleep.

After relishing that feeling I put the cup down and said to Faley.

" Thank you for your hospitality Mr Faley, but I'm afraid I don't have much time so let's get to business."

" Certainly.

So what thing brought you and your associate here today?"

" As you know from our previous conversation we are from a remote village of the Empire , but what I didn't tell you was that the village was located and in the border between the Elanor Empire and the Eternal Light Empire. Because of the recent military activity from the Eternal Light Empire in the area a lot of villagers had no chance but to leave their homes and flee to the mountains to escape the Eternal Light Empires soldiers.

I and Munnji are from one of those villages that were razed to the ground by the empire forces and had to flee ,but we didn't predict that they would come so fast and during the time we were preparing to move we were attacked.

The soldiers immediately started   killing  every villager even the village elder, but me, Munnji and my pregnant wife were able to escape in the nick of time during the commotion.

We fled to the mountains until the empire forces passed,but we didn't have a place to return to. The village was now just a place where the tormented souls of the killed villagers roamed freely.

Seeing no other alternative I decided to move to the city hoping to avoid the repeat of the same thing.

I am asking of you if you could make some identification for me , Munnji ,my wife and my infant son ."

[ Wow, Nick that almost made me cry even if I know that what you just said was total bullshit.]

[Heh , I stayed up  last night thinking of this. It is almost perfect.]

"Hmm... I now understand. Because your village elder died you have no legitimate way to get an identification so you came to me to find out if I could help."

" Well a man of your position can definitely find a solution."

" I can, but what do you offer me in return. 

I hope that you understand that I'm not a saint to give you something for free,but a merchant ."

I took a small sack from my robe and put it down on n the table.

"I think this will suffice."

Faley motioned with his hand and the female bodyguard went forward to take the sack and opened it up to see what's inside.

As soon as she opened but she gasped and her eyes bulged.

Inside it were three blood cores.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7