Warning 1
254 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*splash* *splash*
"Huh, what.... happened?"
"Ugh, mmm mmmm?!!"
The two people that were chasing us before were now awake after I splashed their faces with two water balls.
They tried to move, but they couldn't. Their body was buried underground by Munnji excluding their heads.
The one that I choked out cast his gaze upon me and with a sullen face said.
"So, it was your entire plan? You discovered us and decided to act as if you were drunk to lure us into this alley. Then you ambushed us when we had our guard down.
This is...* sigh*
What do you want?"
I squatted in front of him.
" Heh, Munnji we seem to have a reasonable one here.
We want to know the reason why you were following us and why."
"Will you spare my life if I tell you?"
I smiled.
“Would you believe me if my answer was yes?"
“No...
“Then how are we going to proceed? Will you tell us what we need to know or are we going to hay to resort to drastic measures?"
“I figured as much."
*splash*
A large amount of blood covered my face. It was not my own but the pursuers blood.
He bit his tongue with a resolute look on his face and then smiled.
Blood spewed from his mouth non-stop and in a minute he was ded.

“You are really a loyal fool, but you have my respect."
I closed the dead guy’s eyes and turned to the other one who was making noise non-stop.
"It seems that you are no use to us as you are right now."

*Slash* *thud*

I cut the other ones head clean off with a swift slash from a water sword I created.
The pursuer had his eyes opened in terror, looking at me as if asking me, why?
I took a deep breath and then got back up.
“So, Nic what are going to do now?"
"We weren't able to get any information from them and seeing that it's still not even lunch, these bodies will be found soon enough."
“So we are just leaving? What if the people who ordered them to follow us send some other people to follow us?
What do we do then?"
"Don't worry; we are going to leave a little surprise for them making them know not to mess with us."
After that we left in the direction of the inn.
....
After 30 minutes we arrived at the inn and the first thing I did was pay the innkeeper for one more week.
*Creek*
I opened the door of the room where we were staying, slowly trying to not make noise.
The child was sleeping together with Onela on the bed.
I approached the bed and gave Onela a little shake on the shoulder trying not to wake up the child.
*shake* *shake*
"Hmmm...
*shake* *shake*
*glance*
"Who?"
"Shhhh, keep your voice down you don't want to wake the child."
"Okay.
Did you finish the things you had to do?"
"Yes, there was no problem. We will stay here for a little while until we get our identification and then we will find a place to live permanently as planned."
"I understand."
I smiled.
“So how was the little guy today? Did he cry a lot?"
"No, he was just like a little angel."
"I see...

Look , I understand what you felt losing all the people that you love in an instant ,but this child needs a mother more than anything , even more than he needs me ."
She lowers her head down and with a shaky voice answers.
“I understand. I won't let you down.”
“I know you won't let me down."
.....
At the restaurant where me and Munnji ate 3 hours ago.
A stern faced man about 45 years old was asking the waitress some questions.

“Did a beastfolk and a human dine here about 4 hours ago?"
"Why are you asking? Did they do something wrong?"
“That is none of your business. If you don't want to get arrested tell me everything you know."
“Okay.
They simply ordered something to drink and eat, but after 2 hours of that they became quite drunk so I had to ask them to leave."
"And after that?"
“There is no after. They paid the tab and left but not before leaving me with a big tip. 50 kils."
" They left you a tip of 50 kils?"
“Yes!
Is there a problem?"
“No, but I will need one of the coins they paid with."
"What? Why? I earned that money fair and square."
"Listen here. Either you give us the money or you won't see the outside of a prison cell for a long time."
“Fine, but don't ever come here again."
......
After the man finished his conversation with the waitress he met with a robed individual not far away from the restaurant.
“So what did the waitress say?"
“Not much. She said that they got drunk so she kicked them out."
"Did she see the direction they went?"
“No, but I have one of the coins they paid with."
“Good, give it to me."
The stern faced man handed the coin to the robed man.
"Great job. Your compensation shall be sent to you discreetly in two days.
You may leave now."
“Good it's always a pleasure to do business with you."
“Likewise, Guard Captain Nash."

‘Humph, you fucking beastfolk trash. If the pay wasn't so good I would have skinned you alive just for fun.'
*step* *step* *step*
The guard captain left leaving the robed figure standing there alone.
He took the coin in his hand which was covered with grey fur and brought it up to his nose before taking a sniff.
*Sniff* *Sniff*
'They went that way.'
He turned towards the alley where the two previous pursuers got killed and entered.

 

 

8