New Dwelling 2
220 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 We arrived before a sliding door.

*knock**knock*

"Who is it?"

"It's me Mr Faley. The guest that you were expecting has arrived."

"Good, send him in."

The hostesses opened the door respectfully and motioned me to enter. 

I entered the room and saw Faley at the head of a rectangular table with only Gale at his side while the female bodyguard was nowhere to be seen.

After I entered Faley threw a coin at the hostesses who gracefully cached it before putting it inside her huge breasts and then leaving, closing the door behind her.

I smiled.

I sat down and Gale immediately served me with some tea that was the same one that I had drunk in the Trinity Merchant Groups branch.

I enjoyed the tea but the table was also filled with different types of dishes made with ingredients that I had never seen before.

"Please eat to your heart’s content. This is a small thanks for choosing me to make a deal with.

I am deeply grateful."

"Well, if you put it that way how can I refuse your offer."

I took the leg of what looked to me a huge chicken and started eating it ravenously while on the other hand Faley and Gale ate with etiquette and use the entire cutlery they had in their disposal unlike me that ate with my hands.

After stuffing my belly with all the delicacies I could reach I was satisfied.

*burp*

"Hah~

That hit the spot."

After I finished Faley was looking at me with a surprised look while Gale with a disgusted one.

“I have to say Mr Faley you sure know how to treat your business partners.

I just hope that you are not favouring me because of the huge deal we just had."

“Ha ha ha ha, I am glad that everything was to your liking. If you have anything else you want to eat don't be shy. I will have the staff immediately prepare it for you."

A small smile appeared on my face.

“Oh!

By the looks of it you are very pleased by the deal yesterday."

"Definitely.

 It was one of the best deals I have made considering the low risk and high return of it."

“Well, you're welcome."

“Ha ha, it sure is good to do business with someone who speaks his mind like you and not those other merchants that would even sell their mothers undergarments for some money.”

“Thanks for your compliment. It’s one of my redeeming qualities.”

We continued with the small talk for some time but I interrupted Faley not wanting for this conversation to take much longer seeing that I had work to do.

“Thanks again for the hospitality Mr Faley but I think it’s time for business.”

“Certainly.

Gale, bring me the documents.”

Gale that was to the side of Faley this whole time hadn’t spoken a single word since I was here.

“Yes.”

He took a bunch of metal plates from a beautiful hand carved silver box and handed them to me.

“These Mr Nicolas are the proper documentation. These plates show the citizen status of you, your wife,  son and last but no least the citizen status of Mr Munnji.”

“Thanks a lot. With this a huge burden has lifted from my shoulders.”

“No need for thanks, I have already been paid.”

 

In my hands right now I held four metal plates that were the equivalent of a passport in my previous world. They held our personal information like our names and birthday, but also the names of our parents, our place of birth and our current place of residency.  For the names of our parent I just told Faley that we were all war orphans that never me our parents so we didn't know their names.

The identification plates had on their back a multitude of geometrical patterns that connected with each other at their edges. I assume that this was a security measure in the possible outcome of a forgery by the looks of it.

With the technological development of this planet the forgery of this kind of document would prove almost impossible. And even if it was possible the time and effort that would go into duplicating it would be disproportionate with the value of it, unless an elementalist worked on it.

The identification plates for me, Munnji and the child were as you would expect but the one for Onela was a little different. Instead of her original name Onela I had her change into Rosela, so her name was now Rosela Hunter.

The child on the other hand was named  Naga by me, like the Hindu mythologys semi-divine race of half-human half-serpent beings that reside in the netherworld .

“The identification plates are good, but how about the other thing?”

“The other request has also been completed.

I have found you a nice  spacious house not to far but not too close to the city as per your specifications. It’s one of the houses that once belonged to a big time antiques merchant that disappeared mysteriously a couple of years ago."

“Great. All my requests have been completed and as we agreed yesterday the price of the house will be deducted from my account.”

“Yes, that is right.”

I looked at Faley in the eyes for about a minute until the situation started to become a little tense.

“Is there something wrong?”

 

“Faley you strike me as a smart businessman that would not jeopardize the possibility of long time profit by doing something stupid, so let me ask you one thing.

Did you send anyone to tail us yesterday after we left the Trinity Merchant Groups branch?”

“What?”

Faley looked surprised, seeming not to understand what I said at first.

8