New Dwelling 4
217 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So now that we understood the situation will you welcome me into 'my own house’?”
There was a moment of silence.
"Of course, please come in."
He opened the rusty Iron Gate and let me in. I entered inside and started to head towards the entrance while the old man followed behind me.
"So you said that you were this mansions former housekeeper?"
“Yes that's correct.
My job was to take care of most of the business regarding this mansion in the position of head butler."
"I understand, but I can't grasp the reason why you are tending to the mansion even after the owner no longer is around and you aren't getting paid anymore."
“This place holds a very strong sentimental value for me.
Even before the previous owner purchased this house my father worked here as a gardener. I grew up in this place and saw it as my opportunity to climb the ladder of hierarchy in this place, but my father being just an ignorant farmer that didn't know how to read or write I didn't have a lot of opportunities to learn from him.
Understanding that, I would sneak up to the library where the young master at that time was being taught and eavesdrop and peek on the lessons. Understandably I didn’t learn all that much from eavesdropping so I would also sneakily take some of the books with me at home to read so I could learn more. I read all kinds of stories of knights slaying dragons and saving princesses, but my most favourite were books about the flora and fauna of this world.
I was amazed at the number of different species of plants and animals and their uses so I continued to borrow books and read them until my dad found out. Unsurprisingly he was mad after finding out of what I had done so after he gave me a beating I would never forget he told the master.
The master firstly was disgusted that the child of the gardener took his books without permission and was firstly going to sell me to a slave trader.
Did I mention that my father was a slave? Well as per the rules the child of a slave belonged to the master of the slave so he had the power to do as he wished with me, even kill me. Fortunately in a stroke of luck the master was also interested to groom a personal bodyguard for his son, the young master whose lessons I had spied on, so seeing my knowledge that was no less than his son he decided to train me.
So at the age of 12 I became part of this mansion and haven’t left since.”
*whistle*
“That’s quite a story old man, but why are you telling me this?”
“I’m now an old man, but unlike other people I have no family, no wife no son or daughter. So, while the other old people my age are watching their grandchildren marry and have children of their own this mansion is all I have left.
*bow*
“I’m imploring you, please let me take care of this mansion until my last breath.
Please.”
“Hmmm, before you said that you were a body guard groomed to serve the young master?”
“Yes, that’s right!?”
“So, that means.....
*whirl* *clang*
“I knew it.”
“Sir, what is the meaning of this?”
As I was finishing my previous sentence I swiftly created a water sword and did a wide slash towards the old man and as I expected he blocked it. The slash was not with my full strength obviously, but it was enough to kill a grown man in one strike. The old man blocking it was a testament of his strength.
He blocked my water sword with his sickle that was covered with earth elemental energy showing that he was an Earth Elementals.
After the short bout I dispelled my water sword.
“I was just seeing if had any real strength or were you just boasting before.
It seems you weren’t.”
“Humph, I’m an old man now so I don't really appreciate your childish tricks so please with all due respect ‘fuck you’.”
“Ha, hahahahahahahaaha......
I burst laughing at the old man’s response.
“Ha ha, I’m sorry for the childish actions but I now know that you are strong enough.”
“So, what?”
“So I’m giving you what you asked of me, but at a different position from the one you imagined.”
“You mean...
“Yes, I’m hiring you.”
“Is this a joke, do you think I’m stupid? I know my earlier request was a little outlandish, but you are asking a man you just met to work for you?
Or are you stupid?”
“Of course not. I don't trust you or your story at all but your strength is enough and there is a solution for this.”
“You don't mean a...
“A blood contract of course.”

8