New Life 1
221 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So what do you think of my proposal?"

"Hmm...

 It’s very generous from my point of view, but can I ask you one question?

Why do you insist to hire me, except for me being familiar with the runnings of the mansion? "

“Good question!

Firstly as I just confirmed you are strong enough even though you are old now.”

“Don’t push it!”

“No offense, but it’s the truth.

The second reason is because you are old.”

“I said don't push it but you still do it anyway. Are you doing this on purpose?”

“Ha ha, of course not. By old I mean that you are experienced in the ways of life, like an old tree that has weathered many winters and has come out of them alive. Also, I am a little ashamed to say that I have no experience on running this mansion, so there...”

“Really these are all your reasons!?”

“Well those and I’m lazy enough to not search for another person for the position.”

The old man was left speechless. He could not believe he could meet such a person in his life.

To him who had worked his way up   from being the child of a slave to the head butler of a successful antiques merchant, this was infuriating .He could not believe the carefree nature of this young man that had bought this mansion.

“My answer is no.”

“Why? I will pay you a handsome sum of money on a monthly basis; provide you with housing and food and any other thing you want, that is within the limits of reason and position.”

“No, it’s not that. For an old man like me money is no longer something I strive for like in my youth and besides, I have enough money stashed away from my previous job to last me two more lifetimes if I spend it wisely.

The real reason is that I don't like you. The way you behave is like a child and I can’t bring myself to work for such a person.”

I was silent for a while semingly hurt by the words of the old mad.

After a minute.

“I understand.

You aren’t obligated to accept my offer, but you have to leave this place and not come here anymore.”

“I’m glad you aren’t insisting anymore. It seems you are reasonable enough.

If you’ll excuse me.”

The old man bowed and headed for the Iron Gate.

*step* *step* *step*    *step*

As he was ten meters from the gate he heard a sound coming his way fast and immediately covered himself in a shroud of earth elemental aura raising his defence exponentially in the process.

*whoosh* *bang*

There was a loud sound of an impact but the old man was in his spot, unmoved and untouched holding his arms in front of him.

“........

The old man looked surprised. He was sure that I had chosen to attack him behind his back. He was sure of it by the sound that he had heard, but he was wrong. Instead of aiming for the old man I aimed for one of the statues to his side and destroyed completely.

“You...... what are you doing?!”

“Oops, my hand slipped.”

He threw a look of pure rage at me.

“*ngggggngggg* your hand slipped you say?  How can your hand slip and you destroy a statue in the process? You totally did that on purpose.”

“Maybe I did, maybe I didn't.

Why do you care though? This is not your place of work anymore and I own this place so I can do what I can to it.”

*whoosh* *bang*

I created another water javelin and destroyed yet another innocent statue.

“STOP! Stop this at once or...

“Or what? Are you going to beat me up, is that it huh?

Well you are welcome to try anytime.”

As I said my last words I released 70% of my elemental aura to scare the old man.

'This brat is strong, much stronger than me certainly. When he released his aura I felt like I was facing against an unstoppable wave of water that will crush me with its might and I can’t do anything against it.'

“What do you want?”

“Simple, you have to accept the offer of working for me and that’s it.

Well there is another option but you won’t like it.”

“That is?”

“I completely destroy this whole mansion and build another one atop its ruins.

So, what do you say? “

I extended my hand towards him.

“Did I say that I hate you and that you are one of the most despicable people that I have ever met?”

“Stop now you are making me blush. I’m sure that you have met much worse during your life.”

“Heh, that is true.

Okay then, I agree to work for you, but I have some conditions.”

6