New Life 2
207 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After five days of constant work me, Munnji,Rosela and Naga finally left the inn and moved to our new home.

We moved into the inner  area that was exclusively for the owner of the mansion.

 The mansion was uniquely designed this way to ensure the most privacy.

Right in the middle of the mansion was a garden and in the middle of the garden was a two storied  house that in contrast with the other parts of the mansion that were mostly made of rock, was made entirely  of wood.

The wood that was used to construct the house was something called Evergreen Wood, not to confuse it with evergreen trees of earth that held their leaves all year round. This type of wood was collected from trees that grew in places with an abundance of  Nature Elemental energy. 

This type of wood was desired by many people because of its effects in prolonging life, reliving stress to some extent and making the environment around it more lively for both flora and fauna.This was caused by the woods passive attraction of Nature Elemental Energy that still remained even after the tree was dead, though to a lesser extent. 

The older the tree  was the more expensive the Evergreen Wood was.

This two storied house was somewhat divided from the rest of the mansion by a small and shallow moat that was fuelled by a small creek that went straight through the garden . Essentially the house was in a little island that was connected to the other part of the mansion by two arched stone bridge's.

That house was the place where we decided to live .

As for the requests of the old man, they were simple. He firstly wanted to  choose the other employees that would be working in the mansion and that his and their salary's for one year would be paid in advance.

I of course agreed to that crossing another job of my list.

One other thing that the old man was adamant about was that the mansion would not be touched or changed in any  way unless it was necessary.

I accepted this also.

I had finally finished almost everything that was needed but even though I had 100.000 more Kils left from the selling of the blood cores I would need more money so I devised a plan.

....

In the new mansion that I had bought I was watching my new staff busily moving all around the place and tending to their new jobs. My new head butler, advisor and now left hand Girg (the old man) was beside me.

"The mansion is coming to shape isn't it!"

" It certainly is. I assure you that in a week the mansion will return to what it looked like in it's glory days."

" Good I look forward to that."

*tap* *tap* *tap* *tap*

I continued tapping my heel on the ground while watching. I was thinking of my next move but I hadn't decided if it was the best choice or not.

The old man saw me struggling while thinking of something but he didn't ask and just stood there, silent.

After thinking for a long time and not coming to a conclusion I decided to ask my new butler/advisor.

"Girg, in your opinion, is money important?"

The old man was stunned by such a bizarre question. It was totally unexpected.

" Yes I do. In my long years of experience in my line of work and in life in general I have learned the if you have money your life is definitely easier."

"Then what if you have money but you still want more?"

"Uh... Is this a trick question?"

"No just answer me truthfully."

"I think that more is better, but not always?"

"Then one last question.

Does it matter how you aquire that money?"

Now the old man's face darkened.

" Are you planning to rob someone?"

I smiled.

"Of course not . Do you think that I'm that stupid?

Nevermind the last question, just answer me this new one.

If a man is killed with a sword whose fault is it; the blacksmith's that created something designed to kill people or the killers fault."

One minute, two minutes the answer hadn't come yet but it didn't matter anymore because I had already made up my mind.

*Sigh*

"Do you know where I can by raw iron ore without it being traced back to me."

"Iron ore?

What do you need it for?"

" Oh I'm just trying to make some money on a side gig that's all."

"Side gig ?!"

"Don't tire yourself about it's meaning, it's irrelevant. So, do you know someone who can help me in that regard?"

"Hmmmmm.

I think I know about a guy who can provide what you need but I have to know the amount you want to by and other things before I find him and make an offer.

"Fine, what do you need to know?"

....

6