New Life 5
181 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I took the sword from the blacksmith's hand and started to get a good look at it.
The sword was like the typical sword of an XVl century knight would use, only that it was 1/4 shorter and it was wider at the hilt and became narrower towards the tip.
*swish* *swish*
*swish*
I did a couple of slashes while enjoying the sound of the sword cutting air.

"It seems that our first sword was a success."
"It looks good but I really want to see its power.
Follow me."
I went out of the improvised blacksmith shop we had created in the backyard of the mansion, away of most prying eyes.
We headed towards the kitchen where our and the staff's meals were made.
*knock* *knock*
"Sorry to disturb you."
"Sire!
It's no problem at all, I was just preparing lunch.
Can I help you?"
The one who answered was the mansions cook a 30 year old chubby lady that had her hair tied into a bun. She had dark brown hair, black eyes and a kind face.
“Yes, I just wanted to get a dirks carcass so I can test a new toy of mine. Can you give it to me?”

A dirk is like a wild boar from earth but the difference is that it had two pairs of tusks and also a pair of short cow like horns. It had thick skin and short fur and was very aggressive.

She was dazed for a while, but recovered quickly and took us to the place where the meat was stored. The place was just a closed stone room and inside it were different meat products and some blocks of ice to help the temperature stay low enough that the meet didn't spoil before it was consumed. Essentially, it was a refrigerated room.
“Here is the dirk carcass. Can I help you with anything else?”
“No need, you just go back to what you were doing and thank you.”
*shake* *shake*
She shook her head sideways.
“No, it’s my job.”
I approached the skinned dirk and squatted down to pick it up but in that moment the cocks slightly worried voice sounded from behind.
“Do you need any help with that?”
I didn't answer her question but just slightly smiled before picking the whole carcass to my shoulder and leaving the refrigerated room and the lady cook speechless with my feat of strength.
I took the carcass with me and along the way I met Munnji and the blacksmith. Munnji had a big old tree stump with him while the blacksmith followed behind him keeping a two meter distance at all times. We went to a deserted spot in the forest nearby and Munnji laid the tree stump down before he pinned the carcass I had in a nearby tree with two earth spikes.
“So Mr Blacksmith will you do the honours?”
He took the just forged sword and smiled.
“It will be my pleasure.”
He took a stance with the sword forward. He held it tightly with two hands before giving a shout and slashing at the carcass.
“Haht....
*slash*
The sword was sharp and gave the one meter wide carcass a good slash, cutting through one third of its width. The blacksmith didn’t stop there but gave the carcass one more slash from the opposite direction, a stab forward and lastly a slash again from the opposite side.
*thud*
The carcass had split in two in just three slashes from the blacksmith and the lower half fell down with a thud. Taking into consideration the width of the carcass you could imagine what a swing with that sword could do to a human.
After that the blacksmith continued with the other test where he stabbed into the tree stump that Munnji had brought. He did this a couple of times until he seemed satisfied.

“So what do you think of its quality?”
The blacksmith took a good look at the sword again before answering me.
“The sword is still as sharp five minutes ago and there seems to be no bending at all. This is definitely is a top notch sword that could sell quite well.”
“Good, that's all I had to know.”
The sword was not the pinnacle that a sword could reach, but though the civilization of this world seemed to consist with XVl century of my world, the metallurgical development was not as evolved.
This was to be expected with the existence of magic and other magical alloys that were better and easier to create weapons from. The downside was that they were a rare resource and the cost of a weapon like that was very high.
“I am very satisfied with the results, so from this moment on we will begin mass production immediately.”

7