Prelude of Darkness 2
201 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

 "455, 456,457 ....

Huup...”

I was in the backyard of the mansion doing push-ups and Munnji was a little away from me training also by lifting two boulders one at a time.

"Nice 457 is a new record. You beat your previous one by three push-ups."

"Thanks, I'm feeling in good shape today.

Anyway how are the new recruits doing?"

"They are doing alright for the most part, but the little one, the beastkin is having a little trouble keeping up with the rest."

"Hmmmmm...

I threw a glance 20 meters away where my butler/advisor Girg was training my three new slaves I had bought 5 months ago. They were learning how to use a sword at the moment.

One of the beastfolks that looked like a humanoid bull was facing against the beastkin.

The beastfolk was similar to the depictions of a Minotaur of Earth's mythology with a huge stature of 2.5 meters tall, a bulky muscular body and a pair of horns that seemed to have been cut off. On the other hand the beastkin looked like a male 15 year old human except the fluffy red tail. In comparison to the Minotaur he was like a midget.

 

*Swish* *Swish* 

The Minotaur swung his sword twice in a wide arc trying to hit his opponent but his size though big making him strong it also made his attacks a little slow and his speed subpart at best.

The smaller beastkin dogged the two swings with some difficulty and then rushed for a stab at the opponents waist but his moment was cut short by a wide horizontal swing which he couldn't doge.

*bam* * skid*

The beastkin managed to block the minotaur’s swing but that made him to be blown away by 2 meters and to the ground.

"Ugh... shit!"

*Bang*

He rolled to the side evading the minotaur’s stomp.

*Roll* *Roll* *Roll*

He rolled away evading the minotaur’s hoof and sprung up to his feet to evade another vertical swing from the minotaur’s huge sword.

‘This is my chance.'

After evading the slash he immediately used this opportunity where the minotaur’s side was wide open to make slash at him.

*Step* * Step*

*Riiippp*

The attack connected to the minotaur’s side but the damage was not great. Even though the slash was impressive the low strength of his young  body coupled with the tough hide of the minotaur made the attack not that effective in incapacitating the opponent but was very effective in enraging him.

*Roar*

The Minotaur let go of his sword and did a backwards strike with his huge arm.

*Bam*

*Boom*

The strike from the minotaur threw the little beastkin flying.

*Cough* *Cough*

The enraged strike of the Minotaur had damaged the internal organs of the beastkin. He was lying on the ground gasping for breath but also coughing up blood in intervals.

Seeing his opponent on the ground the minotaur approached the beastkin slowly without worry and stopped two meters away from him.

"Do you surrender?"

“Never....

The beastkin answered in between breaths.

"As you wish."

The minotaur reached his hand towards the beastkin to pick him up and give the unyielding opponent a harsh lesson.

As he touched the downed opponent the later swiftly threw a mixture of dirt and blood to his opponent's eyes stunning him for a moment but that was enough for him to escape.

He sprung to his feet again with extreme difficulty and shaky feet, put his sword before him and threw himself at the stunned opponent doing in the process a thrust with all his strength.

* Spurt*

The thrust was successful and he pierced the minotaur’s left leg.

"*Roar* you little shit...

The minotaur balled his hand into a fist and was about to strike the beastkin from above but a voice stopped him.

"ENOUGH."

The fist was only one centimetre from the beastkins head and if Girg hadn't stopped the minotaur the beastkins brains would be all over the ground right now.

Girg approached them and he immediately checked the beastkins condition.

‘Impressive! For him to be able to get up in this state is...

This boy definitely has an iron will and determination and that is a good thing but also a bad thing for him.

The beastkin had passed out. He had passed out right away after delivering his last thrust.

His feat was extremely difficult seeing that his chest was partially caved in and at least 10 ribs were broken by the backhand strike of the minotaur and even in that state he managed to give  decent damage  to his opponent.

*Clap* *Clap* *Clap*

"That was a very good fight. It truly brought out the fighting spirit of the combatants."

"I'm glad to hear that you are pleased Mr Hunter.

These three are absorbing my teachings like a sponge and if they train for six more months their combat experience will be equal to a knight that has trained for at least 5 years."

"Girg you old fox, if I knew that you were such a good trainer I would have bought more slaves for you to train, but alas."

*Shake* *Shake*

Girg shook his head.

"If you bought anymore slaves the quality of their training would not be up to your expectations so it's useless if you by anymore."

"He he...

"He he...

We were starting at each other without blinking while laughing like mad people.

‘Train me more slaves.'

‘Train them yourself.'

Sparks were flying between us.

“Okay, can we drop this and go to eat lunch already?"

Our staring was interrupted by Munnji.

"Yeah let's do that."

"Well then I will have your table ready in no time. Meanwhile why don't you clean yourselves up?"

"Okay, this time I won't push any further but this discussion isn't over yet.

Munnji, let's go."

I then left with Munnji to take a cold relaxing shower.

....

After we left Girg threw a glance at the two previous combatants.

"You take the beastkin to be patched up and also get your wound stitched up.

You, come with me."

7