Prelude of Darkness 3
172 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*pshhh*

I was having an improvised shower . I had just made some holes in a wide wooden bucket and then put it up in between two trees. The bucket was held up by a strong rope and was filled with water whenever I needed it, like now.

"Hmmm hhhmmm....

I was humming to myself while enjoying the cold shower in the outside but on the inside I was having a conversation with Munnji.

(What was so important that you had to drag me all the way out here?)

(I'm not sure but if I'm correct someone is spying on us.)

(Someone is spying on us ? Who is it because I haven't felt anything and there isn't possible for someone to be watching .)

(But there is.

Up.)

(Up!!)

I was imediately alarmed. Someone was spying us from the sky. If that was true I  really wouldn't be able to sense it but Munnji did.

(Do you have a rough  estimation of the opponents strength or at least his/her purpose for spying on  us?)

(Im not sure of the purpose of him/her but the strength of his soul is not great, it's smaller than a normal humans but...)

(But what?)

(When i probed him slightly I could feel a chill to the back of my head. It felt like I was touching a cold abyss.)

( Huuu....this is a big problem that can't wait to be resolved. Whoever put surveillance on us has to know that we mean business.)

(So what are you thinking? What's your plan?)

(First you will go back to the training field and attract his attention while I....

......

Far away from the Hunter mansion in the border between the now fallen empire and the Elanor Empire .

*Yawn*

"I'm so fucking sleepy that I would sleep standing up."

*Snort*

"I'm warning you if the commander finds you slacking of one more time I'm not getting your as out of trouble anymore even if we are cousins."

"Come one cuz , the watch duty is so boring and nothing happens at all and even if it did the higher-ups would warn us in advance,so how about cutting me some slack huh?"

"Do as you wish!"

After the slight conversation the later didn't answer anymore and just stared forward without blinking as if to see what was happening in the distance.

The place where these, what looked to be some kind of soldiers was a while plain of grass with little trees scattered all around it.

The two soldiers were young humans about 20 year's old and decked in mostly leather armour with some pieces of metal plates covering their most vunerable parts like the chest. They were also holding a spear each but instead of killing anyone with it the most likely scenario for their use was to lean into them so the didn't get tiered so easily.

They were currently stationed at what seemed like a watchtower made entirely of wood and was about 5 meters in hight.

They weren't looking at anything really but 2 km away from them was a wall of greyish black mist that seemed to not move or disperse but instead just stayed there unmoving. 

The mist had a special property that the longer you looked at it the more were the chances to loose your mind so the soldiers stationed here were changed regularly.

Time passes and the sun was about to set. 

*Snoree* *Snoree*

The sleepy soldier was now having the sweetest dreams by the looks of his face.

*Snoree**Snoree*

*Snoreeeee*

*slap*

"Huh...what...

"Wake the hell up. Didn't I say that you shouldn't sleep while on duty."

"But there is nothing to do here. There has not been any enemy forces here since the empire fell. Also there is nothing here....

"No complaining. If I find you sleeping again I will beat you up even if your mother told me to take care of you."

"Why you got to do me like that cuz...

"I'm warning you!"

"Fine."

After half an hour.

*Snoree* *Snoreeeee*

*Bam*

"Wake the hell up you little shit .I'm now going to beat your ass up."

"Don't...if sorry *slap*  *slap*  *slap*... sorry....I'm sorry damnit.Stop hitting me."

 *slap*  *slap*  *slap*....

"Huff huff, now you'll learn not to slack of anymore."

"Ok, *sniffle* I understand."

"You'd better because if.....

*Whoosh* *Whoosh* *Whoosh*

Right as he was reprimanding his cousin several flying objects moved passed them at high speeds.

"What...

"Stop staring you fool get your spear and get ready."

They braced themselves but nothing came their way.

"Did they pass?"

"I don't know what they where or where they are going but we have to notice the higher-ups imediately.

Go, get me the messanger bird."

*Silence*

"Hey why aren't you answering I told you...

"Look..

The other soldier pointed towards the horizon with a shaky hand and terrified face.

"Look , look at what?"

The other soldier turned towards the place his cousin was pointing and froze in place.

To the distance the mist that had been undisturbed had begun to roll forward at a steady pace while inside it were now visible rows and rows of inhuman shadows like the horsemen of the apocalypse bring death and suffering with them.

*Boom* *Creak*

The outpost shook heavily.

"What happened? Are we under attack?"

*Glance*

"Yes."

At the top of their outpost  had landed a what would be described as a gigantic humanoid bat like creature. It was almost as tall as a regular human when it stood up in it's clawed legs and had a wingspan of five meters.

*Screeeee*

"Fuck this I'm out."

The soldier who was sleeping imediately ran away.

" Stop you fool ,if it sees you you are as good as dead , stop!"

The cousin yelled for him to stop but he didn't listen at all and was running with all his might but that was useless because after 20 meters another one of the bat creatures dived at him from the air and pinned him to the ground before biting his throat and in turn ending his pathetic life.

"Shit....*inhale* *exhale*."

'I have to inform the commander imediately.'

As stealthy as possible he hid until the bat creature left and then proceeded to write a short message for his commander  before sending the messanger bird to him.

.....  

At the Hunter mansion.

Munnji headed towards the inner quarters of the mansion alone and I was waiting in hiding until he got a precise location of our peeping tom.

*Step* *Step* *Step*

[The target is right on top of me. Did you catch a glimpse of it yet.]

[Not yet but I will find him in no time.]

* Inhale* *exhale*

I slowed down my breathing and concentrated all my spiritual energy towards my eyes so that I could capture even the smallest of movements on the sky.

10 seconds 20 seconds,25 seconds...

[I found him. 

I'm going  to capture it.]

7