Prelude of Darkness 6
179 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day a fancy carriage that was pulled by four snow white horses arrived at my mansion.

The carriage was white with silver decorations all over it. The person who was riding in it was definitely trying to show off.

*Clop* *Clop* *Clop* *Clop*

The carriage stopped before the mansions iron gate where Girg and several other servants of the mansion were waiting patiently.

The door opened slowly and out of it came Gale who was looking all around seeming in high alert. After him then came Faley and lastly his female bodyguard.

Girg went forward to greet them.

"Welcome to the Hunter mansion we were expecting you Mr Faley.

I'm Girg the mansions head butler, nice to make your acquaintance."

"Nice to meet you to."

They then exchanged some more pleasantries before getting serious.

"So then is everything prepared?"

"Certainly, please follow me."

*Snap* *Snap*

He snapped his fingers and the other mansion staff went off to do their jobs and then led Faley and his bodyguards towards the inner parts of the mansion where the meeting was to be held.

....

Half an hour later.

Faley and his bodyguards were sitting on a big table facing me and Munnji.

The table was filled with different dishes starting from fish to meat and other things.

"You seem to be in good health.

It's been some time since we last met so when you called me here so urgently I was a little worried about you but it seems I was worried for nothing."

"Yes we all are in good health and there is no need to worry about that, but there is a little trouble that has occurred and I'm not sure but it may also concern you."

Faley became serious.

"What is it?"

"I'll tell you soon but first let's enjoy our meal because you may lose your appetite after."

This statement unnerved Faley but he didn't seem to be that much concerned. During the past six months with the constant supply of weapons and the large quantity of blood cores he got from me at the beginning his power and position in Palos city had only grown larger and he had become stronger.

If there was someone or something that dared to ruin this he would retaliate with his full power even if that means he would start an internal conflict in the branch.

*Clack* *Clack*

The sound of cutlery was the only sound heard during the entire meal even if that meal didn't last more than 10 minutes.

"Now shall we move to the important mater you called me here for?"

"Right away.

 Girg bring me the chest."

Girg who was to the side only bowed and left without a word.

Faley on the other hand was just starting straight forward but not looking at anything in peculiar.

He was thinking.

‘A chest. What kind of matter is it that involves a chest or is it what is inside it!

What could be inside that chest?"

Faley continued to hold a poker face trying not to show any emotion but I could see right through his facade.

He was concerned and that was good for me. The more concerned he was the more quickly he was to resolve this problem.

After five minutes Girg came back with a relatively big wooden chest. He was also wearing a pair of leather gloves.

*tap*

He lightly put the chest down on the table that had been cleaned by the other staff and went again to the side.

"This is the reason why I called you here today."

"This is the reason why?

What is this important thing   that you talk about that you  would stuff in a wooden chest?"

"It's a little complicated so why don't I show you this before giving you an explanation."

I also put on a pair of leather gloves and opened the chest.

*Phew*

As soon as I opened it a stream of cold air came out of the chest and dispersed into the surroundings.

Faley was perturbed. What was this thing that I was going to show him?

*babum* *babum*. *babum*

His heart started beating faster while he leaned over the chest and inside it he saw...

‘A dead bird?'

The thing he feared until now was a dead bird?

He looked at me with a questioning face.

"What this dead bird doing here? Did your butler mix up the chest because if he did....

Faley was beginning to get angry.

"No this is the right one. The bird is what I wanted to talk to you about."

"You wanted to talk to me about a bird?"

‘What is he talking about the important matter is about a bird?

Is ... Is this a setup. Did the trick me to come here so he could get rid of me without anyone knowing. If that's the case...

Faley clenched his left hand where a plain ring with a brown gem was.

"Ha ha, don't worry I'll explain it right now."

After receiving a mental message from Munnji that the situation was getting out of hand I decided to cool things out.

7