Prelude of Darkness 7
148 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'll now explain.

Yesterday while we were resting Munnji spotted a strange bird in the sky when he accidentally looked up. The bird was circling around the mansion for a long time so I decided to take care of it.

At first I was not sure if the bird was just a normal one whose nest was close to here or something else so I just decided to capture it.

*Glance*

As you can see the capture was not successful so I just killed it."

"So you really just brought me here for a dead bird?"

"No.

I brought you here because this bird is not a normal bird. The bird’s behaviour during the time I chased him indicated a certain level of intelligence that a normal bird shouldn't posses."

"I'm not sure where you are getting at. What is the problem with a intelligent bird flying above your...

‘Oh shit!'

"It seems you realized. The bird was spying on me."

*Silence*

"So I thought if I brought the bird to you, you may help identify its owner seeing as you have a wider information network than me."

Faley looked at the bird again for a while.

"Okay I'll see what I can find out. In the meantime don't do any digging around on your own.

This whole thing may be just a ploy to draw you out somewhere so they can finish you."

*Squint*

"Heh, I know that. I promise you that I won't do anything stupid."

After telling Faley the reason that I called him here for he left with the bird but in tow but not before I let him know of any possible nasty surprises the owner of the bird left behind.

.....

*Clop Clop Clop Clop Clop*

Inside the carriage where Faley was.

The carriage was moving slowly but steadily towards his main house.

"Sir, I'm not certain but I have some information about the bird."

“How is that possible? Do you know the owner of the bird?"

"In a way I know who might be the one who sent it but it's not possible because the ones who used them are now all dead."

"All are dead!

What are you talking about? The owner of the bird is dead that doesn't make sense."

"That's not what I'm saying.

During my time with the Griffin Corps I had reviewed a lot of information about the different types of fighting forces that the neighbour empires possessed and the bird reminds me of something.”

“What is it?”

“I not 100% sure but by the looks of it the bird is a scouting creature that the fallen empire used.”

Faleys eyes widened.

“By fallen empire you don't mean....

“Yes it’s that fallen empire, The Reiko Empire.”

Faley was silent. If what he had heard was the truth then there was definitely something bad going to happen. Even he knew that the creatures that came from the plane of Mono could not be controlled by the inhabitants of this world except for the one who controlled the summoning array.

Going by the word of the few people that managed to escape to the Elanor Empire  after the summoning array exploded, the king was definitely dead and the creatures without someone to give them orders dispersed all over the empire.

Sometimes some of these creatures would cross to the border of the two neighbouring empires but they didn't do any damage as they were met with a swift and decisive attack killing them all.

The creatures in the state of disarray that they were after the fall of the empire were not a very big threat for the two huge and powerful empires that reigned upon this continent and by dispatching their armies they would easily crush them but there was a problem. After the explosion of the summoning array that created a whole in space-time, the foul air and energy of the plain of Mono spilled into this one like a flood.  Every corner of the empire was covered with this foul energy that corrupted the minds and bodies of the creatures that came into contact with it.

This energy was Dark Elemental Energy and the plane of Mono was full of it. As a consequence the creatures that lived on that plane were mostly bloodthirsty creatures that killed without thinking twice.

This was not because they loved to kill or they killed out of necessity but they killed because they all cultivates in the element of darkness.

 

Putting aside the other elements like water, wind, earth, lightening, fire and nature the remaining two were the elements of darkness and light. These two elements were different from the other elements and they also shared a similarity between the two.

Booth these two elements unlike the other ones that mostly correlated with controlling and using the  elements like a fire elementalist controlling fire and a wind elementalist controlling wind , these two types of elementalists dark and light also had enhanced control toward spiritual energy.

These two types of elementalists with their high control of their spiritual energy used techniques that the other elementalists couldn’t use, like illusions and soul attacks.

These two types of elements being so closely connected with the soul of the elementalist that used them also changed the way they saw the world.

For ex an elmentalist who practiced the element of darkness would become someone with a cold and twisted personality unlike someone who practiced the element of light who would become someone calm and collected.

 

5