Enemy at the Doorstep 1
142 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Now that we passed what we know to the headquarters, what are we going to tell Mr Hunter?”

“What are we going to tell him?

Everything of course.  It was he that put me in such a risky situation on the first place, so I’m going to ask of him some compensation in return for the information I will provide him.”

“Is that a good idea?”

Gale frowned.

“Well.... if the opportunity arises I will take the chance.”

......

One hour later at the Hunter mansion.

“So, Faley did you find out who sent that bird to spy on me? Was it the faction?”

“No the faction had nothing to do with this.

After doing some probing I found out that the bird was a scout of the fallen empire.”

*clench*

The sound of bones cracking was heard.

It was Munnji who had clenched his hand into a fist, hard.

“Is there a problem?”

I gave Munnji a quick mental message.

“No there is no problem, please continue.”

“I also found out that the creatures that were once under the control of the emperor of the fallen empire have become to invade. Yesterday the outposts of the empire at the border were destroyed completely and the remaining forces have retreated to the nearest fortified city.”

“The creatures have formed an army and have launched an invasion! I thought that they had scattered after the fall of the empire and since then there has been no gathering of more than a hundred of these creatures.”

“You are correct but that seems to have changed recently.”

“Okay I get the origin of the bird but I dint get the why.

Why would they send a scouting bird to Palos city when the enemy forces have invaded far away from here?”

“*sigh* I know but to tell you the truth I have really no idea.”

*silence*

‘Why would there be a scout so deep into enemy territory?

Are they looking for something.... or someone?

No, that’s impossible. Why would they invade the empire when they are looking for someone, it makes no sense. If the person they were looking for heard about the invasion he would definitely go into hiding.

If they are looking for an object the best possible course of action is to be as stealthy as possible in enemy territory because if they found out that you were looking for something and the lengths you are going to obtain it they would definitely try to stop you.

Hmmm..... actually if you think it more deeply they definitely are not looking for someone or something. If their plan fails and they don't obtain what they were after then they would definitely be in a bad position.

After the fall of the empire the scattering of the monster armies made it that they didn't pose any real threat to any of the nearby empires. Couple that with the fact that the air was polluted by the foul energy of the plane of Mono conquered it would yield no benefits so the fallen empire was left unchecked but not anymore.

Now that they had shown their fangs the nearby empires would not sit still like before but take proper action. The now knew of the Great War potential of the armies that the emperor had summoned from the plane of Mono.

Those armies had almost destroyed an empire that was close to them in might and they were afraid that if they set their sights to them they would not have the luck of another coup. They would definitely attack them with all their forces.’

“This doesn’t make sense!”

“Yes that was what implied but over thinking about it is not good.

Cheer up. Aren’t you happy that this has nothing to do with you personally?”

“No.”

I continued racking my brains until I thought of something.

“Faley correct me if I’m wrong but don't the creatures of the plane of Mono all practice in the element of darkness?”

“Yes that is correct but where are you getting at?”

“Hear me out for a minute.

Is it also true that the weakness of the creatures that practice the element of darkness is the element of light and vice versa?”

“Yes....

My face became serious.

“Lastly, who is their most potential threat taking into consideration these things?”

“Their most potential threat?

That would definitely be....

The Eternal Light Empire.”

“Gigr, get me a map ASAP.”

I yelled at Girg who immediately brought me a map of the region.

*pshhh*

I gathered water to my hand and the made a horizontal cut on the map by releasing the water like a jet.

“Do you know what this line represents?”

Faley looked at the map but didn't have an answer but Gale did.

“That line represents the border between our empire and The Eternal Light Empire.”

“*ding ding ding* and we have a winner.

You are correct the line represents the border between the two empires.”

“I get it now but what does that have to do with the recent attack of the fallen empire.”

“Hehe, its very cleaver if you think about it.

Palos city as it is right now is the heart of trade between the two empires but also one of the city’s most close to the border between the two.

If they are to attack the Elanor Empire they would best eliminate the possibility of The Eternal Light Empire giving the Elanor Empire a helping hand. Also taking into the consideration that the creatures of the plane of Mono are weak to light type elemental attacks and that The Eternal Light Empire is the place with the most light stone mine , light stones that could power formations that use light elemental energy then...

*bang*

Faley punched the table so hard that it broke into pieces.

“Fuck!”

6