Beginning of War 2
117 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I threw my gaze at the approaching enemy and couldn't help but be somewhat frightened.

 The sheer number of them and also their horrifying appearance made them a bad enemy for the soldiers of Palos City. Most of them were newbie’s who didn't have experience with war. Although the Elanor Empire had constant wars with all the other Empires the border cities like Palos City were surprisingly war free.

.....

*Rumble* *Rumble*

The enemies marched forward until they were 1 km from the city wall and then separated to completely surround the city.

The city gates were the most vulnerable points of the city's defences so they would be attacked more easily.

"Munnji are you ready?"

"Ready as can be."  

I then threw a glance at my slaves.

"So you remember the plan?"

*Nod*

"Then stick to it. I will not have you die here; I have invested a lot in you."

This made the slaves a little relieved and also a little sad, but only a little. They had been used to this type of treatment so they didn't think much of it.

"Okay then this marks the beginning of the operation codenamed 'Unmovable Fortress'.

Munnji if you please."

"I'm on it."

Munnji started to gather a lot of elemental energy on his palm before slamming them on the ground.

*Bam*

"Earth Art: Stonehenge"

A wall of earth rose around our group. The earth wall had a diameter of 3 meters and a height of 1.5 meters. There were two openings, one to the front and one to the back. At these two openings the walls height was only 50 cm in the front and none to the back.

This made it harder for enemies to enter this perimeter that Munnji had created. Within this encirclement we had the opportunity to attack somewhat at leisure and I also had a plan to milk this to the max.

I threw a glance at the crates that were at the centre of the encirclement.

15 minutes passed and finally the enemies decided to attack.

They first sent their flying creatures and the then the other part of the army attacked.

*skeeeee*

The flying creatures arrived first but they didn't attack as they were flying quite higher than our position. As they arrived right on top of us they dived down at full speed.

“Stupid monsters...

Ill show you the might of the soldiers of Palos City. Archers, aim......fire...

*whoosh* *whoosh* *whoosh*

Countless arrows flew upwards as the creatures were at a height of about 10 meters above us. The arrows like a rain o needless rose up high in the air ready to impale them but the creatures did something unexpected.

Before it wasn’t visible because the creatures were a bit high in the air so the soldiers hadn’t noticed that the creatures were holding something on their claws.

*bam  bam bam bam bam bam bam bam*

Sounds of objects hitting the top of the wall repeatedly were heard but the soldiers were not surprised about this. They were surprised because the objects that the flying creatures drooped on the wall were disembowelled corpse of humans.

They were skinny corpses of males, females, adults and even children. They had been cut open and all their organs had been removed leaving in their place only the ribcage bare for all the soldiers to see. They were also very skinny as if all of them had died of starvation.

This sight immediately lowered the morale of the soldiers.

“Those fuckers....

The commander yelled.

“Shoot, shoot them down. Kill every last one of them.”

He tried to enrage the soldiers so they could get out of this state of stupor but it was useless. The horrible sight in front of them made them freeze, not to also mention the horrible stench that wafted from the corpses.

Seeing as they were getting frightened

Before the fight even started I could only sigh. I threw a glance at the angry commander who was decked in full armour from head to toe and then at a corpse near him.

*point*

“You, the (I like to yell a lot guy), yes you. If I were you I would watch out.”

“What did you say?”

“I said you should.....

*groan* *groan* *groan* *groan*

 

 

 As I was finishing the sentence the corpses jumped up in a swift motion and with a speed that rivalled normal humans attacked the soldiers.

“Wha....

“The corpses, t-the corpses are a-a-alive....

“God, what is this...?

The soldiers were spooked. The dead bodies in front of them came back to life and started attacking them. This made no sense.

*groan*

“Aacc...help...

“Die, die you monsters.”

The corpses jumped up and started attacking the nearest soldier. They started clawing and biting them while most of the soldiers were still bewildered.

“What is this?!”

The commander was as surprised as the soldiers but he managed to retain his whit.

“Don’t falter, just stay in firm formation and kill them as you would any other creature.”

*schwing*

The commander took out his longsword and lounged at one of the corpses.

*swish* *plop*

He immediately cut a the arm of it but that did nothing as his opponent was already dead and the loss of an arm wouldn’t slow him down at all but only increase its speed.

*groan*

“You monster...

*swish*

He did a stab to the chest, but again, nothing happened. It seemed as they were impervious to physical damage.

As the commander was retrieving his sword from the opponent’s chest a big ass arrow pierced its head.

*phew* *bam*

The one meter long and 2 cm wide arrow pierced the corpses head from the side and threw it to the ground, this time truly dead.

The commander turned to the direction where the arrow came from and was shocked. A man was holding the same type of arrow in his hand and threw it towards another corpses head, killing it also.

“Hmmm...

I felt a gaze upon me and turned to see the commander just staring at me.

“You have to go for the head.”

That was the only thing I said to him as I continued to throw arrows again.

6