Beginning of War 3
120 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I repeatedly launched arrows killing at least 10 of those zombies in the process .

On the other hand the disoriented soldiers had lost about 20 soldiers from the attack of the zombies and more then 20 others were wounded.

'This is not a good start. The soldiers are frightened and the second wave is already here.'

The flying creatures threw another round of corpses on the wall and returned to resupply with more zombies.

*Phew* *Phew*

I threw another two arrows killing two more zombies. 

To my right side was the minotaur who was decked in partial steel armour and beneath he had chainmail. In his right he had a longsword (by human standard)and on his left he had a tower shield made of hard wood. The shield had a thin layer of steel coating it's outer surface.

To my left side was the cat beastfolk,Maca. She had chainmail beneath and the only other protection she had was a breastplate big enough to cover all her front side , vambraces and greaves. She also had a short leather skirt.

On her left hand she had a circular steel shield and on her right, a long spear. 

The remaining member of the three slaves ,Luba was on the back and his task for now was to hand me the arrows I used to kill the zombies.

*Phew*

I killed another zombie and by that time the disoriented soldiers had somewhat grasped the situation. They hid behind the first row which had their shields raised and stabed their opponents on the head or at least they tried.

This situation continued for about one more minute before loud twangs were heard.

They were the ballistas mounted on the wall and they were shooting at the troops that were trying to to climb up . 

*Twang* *Twang*

The 2 meter long bolts impaled the monsters but that didn't stop their advance and in the slightest.

'Its finally really starting.'

The fight till now had been only an appetizer and the main course was here.

*Clack  Clack Clack Clack*

Numerous hooks in pairs of two attached themselves to the top of the wall.

"Stop them , cut them off...

The commander ordered the soldiers to cut of the ladders that were attached to the hooks.

"Fire , fire..

Somewhere close the sounds of shouting and of arrows flying down towards the monstrous creatures below rang constantly.

The arrows rained on them and the ladders were cut every other second but the creatures were relentless. They stepped over the corpses of their comrades and continued forward without a care in the world.

Flying creatures continued dropping zombies and then returned to get more.

If you looked at the strategy they were currently employing it didn't look that good but you had to consider one thing in relation to the flying shiks.

The corpses they dropped on the wall were removed of all their organs except the brain and that in itself was genius. The less the corpses weighted  the smaller was the strain on them when they flew and  the higher was the number of trips they could make. Also the reduced weight of the zombies bodies made them faster as the didn't need their organs anymore.

20 minutes passed and the battle had heated up. The casualties on booth sides had reached more then one thousand and it continued to raise without stop. During this time our group just stayed in our place killing the zombies remotely but not anymore.

*Kikkkiii*

Not far from us short black skinned humanoids managed to finally get to the top of the wall.

"Kmaka...

They rushed immediately to the soldiers formation and attacked their legs but many were impaled by the soldiers spears. "Die you little devil's....

*slash*

"Kuaaaa....

*Slash* *Stab*

Booth sides fought each other tooth and nail while limbs and bodies littered the ground.  Blood flowed ceaselessly on the wall and flowed downwards, painting a bloody picture.

*Kikkkiii*

Some of the black dwarfs rushed our position at full speed but that was a mistake on their part.

In less then five seconds they were at the wall but they couldn't jump above it easily so they took the next best route ,the opening where I yours truly was waiting them.

.....

"Aaaaaaaa...

One of the ugly bastards rushed me but he didn't even manage to get to the 1 m mark.

*Stab*

A well timed and accurate stab with my spear to it's neck killed it instantly.

*Kikkkiii*

The other behind didn't stop but continued to rush towards me but they also were met with the same fate.

*Stab* Stab*

Two more of them were dead.

The little guys were fast but my spear thrust was faster. My level on the thrust skill had made me an expert.

If the opponent was within my thrusting range then he was as good as dead. The level of my thrust skill and my physical attributes made a straight rush towards me like rushing head first into a steel spike.

The little buggers seeing that they couldn't get to me without being impaled decided to climb from the side but a big sword cut them in half and another spear impaled them.

The midgets had meet a dead end.

 

6