Ch.5: Phantomize!
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            “Phantomize!” The watch yells out as the light envelops Tri.

The monster looks on stunned as a humanoid figure emerges from the light. “Blood give me your blood!”

As the monster swings, it’s blade a loud metallic clang is heard from the figure as a sword appears in its hands. Swinging it the light enveloping it fades away as Tri stands covered in a grey under suit with red armored pieces and a faceplate with three wide holes across it.

            “What is this?” Tri asks concerned.

            “There’s no time for that now, we have to do battle!” A stern voice echoes inside of Tri’s head.

Tri looks around confused. “Who are you?”

            “Didn’t I say there’s no time!

The monster swings its blade cutting into Tri and knocking him back into a tree. As Tri stands he notices the pain dulled as he holds out the blade in his hand. “It looks like I don’t have any choice here.”

            “There’s nothing you can do but fight, so get on it!

            “Whoever you are I’ll agree with you for now!” Tri yells out rushing ahead.

Tri swings the blade at the monster slashing at it only for the beast to leap back dodging the blows. It sees an opening and leaps ahead swiping his sword at Tri.

            “Switch now! Swipe your hand across the watch piece!

Tri does as instructed and swipes his hand across the watch piece embedded in his right arm. “Metal!”

The grey parts of the suit grow brighter and metallic as the blade swings into Tri. The metal blade bounces off Tri with a loud metallic ting echoing across the area.

            “What is this? My body feels heavier.” Tri says looking at himself. “I feel like metal.”

            “An interesting Element, it has a good defensive quality.” The voice says again. “Now switch again, it’s time to go on the offensive.

            “Right.”

Tri swipes his hand over the piece again. “Fire!”

The metallic grey fades as the red pieces grow brighter and glow with an odd heat. “Now I’m on fire!”

            “Now attack!

Tri swipes his blade and a wave of fire shoots out with the monster barely doing the attack as its arm gets caught. Its body bursts into flames as it roars out in pain with Tri watching on nervously.

            “What the? The guy, he must be suffering!” Tri yells out rushing ahead.

            “Not yet, the person under possession cannot feel the pain from your attacks, only the Phantom will be affected by your strikes or fires.

            “Alright,” Tri says resolving himself as he grabs his sword. “So, all I have to keep attacking this thing until it goes down?”

            “Not quite, all you must do is weaken it, and when the moment is right to strike with all of your might. I’ll help you this time and give you the signal.

Tri takes a stance. “Alright weird voice in my head. I guess I’ll listen to you this once since you seem to be giving good advice.”

            “Alright now let’s continue the battle!

Tri rushes ahead as the monster stands with the flames extinguished. He swipes his hand over the watch piece and grips the sword harder.

            “Metal!” The piece yells out.

            “Eat this!”

He swings his blade into the creature’s side as it comes down on him hitting the side of his head. Tri shrugs off the attack and cuts into the monster’s arm as he swipes his hand over the piece again.

            “Fire!”

            “Burn!” He yells out.

Flames shoot out of the sword and into the monster as it roars out in pain its cries echoing across the night. Feeling the heat from Tri’s blade another sword shoots out of its back and out towards Tri. He leaps back avoiding the attack as more swords start to slowly emerge from the creature’s body.

            “Now seriously, what’s this?” Tri asks confused.

            “It’s a monster losing any sense of its humanity, the more it fights the more it’s being consumed by its own desires.

            “I have no idea what that means!” Tri yells out as he charges ahead. “Basically, the longer this goes on for the more dangerous that thing get?”

            “Right!

            “Well don’t you think it’s time to end this?”

            “Almost hit its weak spot and that will create a large enough opening.

            “Weak spot?”

Tri looks ahead and notices a single spot on its stomach with no swords emerging from its flesh. “That’s the spot.”

He rushes in swiping his hand across the piece. “Metal!” His under suit turns metallic and his movement slows as he rushes ahead at a fast pace.

            “Blood!” The beast roars out. “I need blood, I need your blood. If I don’t have any blood, then I’ll lose myself!”

Blades shoot out of the monster’s body like spikes covered by flesh as Tri charges in ignoring the spikes. They slam into the ground around him and Tri lift’s his sword aiming for that one spot as he comes in swiping his hand across the piece.

            “Fire!”

            “Flame Spike!” Tri yells out as the sword ignites in an intense flame. “Impale!”

He stabs the monster in the exposed spot running it through as fire sparks across its entire body.

 

An image enters Tri’s mind. A man lies laying on the ground with blood spilling out of his body from some unseen wound. He reaches out trying to scoop his own blood back into himself as it spills out across the ground.

            “No please. I need that.” He says as his strength fades. “I need more blood or….”

 

A coin pops out of the monster as its body fades away with Tri simply standing as the man who once chased him falls to the ground exhausted. Tired and exhausted Tri falls to the ground as the armor around him fades away and the watch returns to his hand.

            “What the? What is this?” Tri asks staring at the watch. “How? Why?”

Exhaustion courses through his body and Tri falls to the ground unconscious as a figure floats over him.

            “An interesting fellow, not exactly my first choice for a partner, but he’s someone who I think I can rely on for now.” The figure says staring at the sky. “A threat is coming to this world, and the both of us will have to be strong enough to combat it. But hopefully, we’ll be able to become the heroes that this world needs.

0