Ch.9: Violent Ax
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tri stands transformed rushing ahead towards the ax-wielding monster as he swings his blade. With the weapons clash, Tri and the creature are pushed back with the monster slamming into the side of a building. Tri stands staring ahead walking towards the monster slowly as he prepares for the next strike.

            “This is the end for you!” Tri yells out.

            “Maroon!” The monster yells out.

Arms quickly emerge from its back as they cling to the building’s walls and climb with the beast making its way onto the roof.

            “What the?” Tri asks.

            The beast is escaping. Edmond says his voice echoing through Tri’s head. Don’t rush things if you do then these creatures will get the upper hand on you.

Tri walks ahead and grabs the side of the building. “How am I supposed to get up there?”

            While you are under the effects of gravity, in this form you are essentially part Phantom meaning you can somewhat fly.

            “I can fly like this?”

            Not really, I did say somewhat. But you should be able to float just enough so that with a little effort you can reach the roof of this building.

            “So, I can jump really good, well its something!” Tri yells as he leaps into the air.

Tri lands on the roof checking his surroundings as he looks for any sign of the ax-wielding monster.

            “Where did it go?”

            It’s in this area, it might have some element that would give it some form of camouflage.

            “Element?”

            Elements were the magic of my world. They transferred here as well, it’s how you were able to use those powers last time.

Tri thinks back and remembers the previous battle thinking of the fire and the steel he used in that battle. “I see, so that’s what it’s called.”

            Here he comes!

The monster emerges from a hole in the air slamming to the ground onto Tri. “Metal!” The device yells out.

Tri holds his sword blocking the attack as the grey parts of his suit shine with the monster pushing him into the building’s concrete. “What was that?”

            It’s the Space Element. It was hiding in a space pocket it created to get the jump on you.

            “Maroon!” The monster yells out.

Tri struggles against the creature’s weight as its other arms emerge with ax’s forming in each hand. “Maroon!”

            “Quiet you!” Tri yells out forcing his blade to swing and knocking back the monster into the air.

            “Now I’ll run you through!”

Tri holds out his blade as the monster falls towards him as he pierces its body running the beast though. “Maroon!”

The monster yells out swinging its axes into Tri slashing into him as he leaps back to avoid the damage. The monster stands with the sword in its stomach as Tri holds out his hand calling the sword to his side.

            “This stupid thing is tough,” Tri says standing. “It’s stronger than the last one.”

            I wonder, it must’ve felt that last attack I wonder what could be driving this beast? Edmond asks.

            “Maroon, where are you?” The monster asks with tears running down its face. “Maroon, please I’m sorry. I’m sorry please forgive me… Maroon!”

Tri stares at the monster reaching out his hand. “What’s wrong with him?”

            He’s mad. The Phantom’s who’ve lost themselves are lost forever, they are forever locked into their last thoughts before they died. Edmond says. The best thing we can do for both of them is to free them from their agony and stop this rampage.

Tri waves his hand over the device. “Flame!”

            “I have an idea.” He says as the red parts of the armor begin to shine. “We’ll cut off those arms and then end this.”

            I’ll give you the signal when I see an opening.

            “Let’s get this over with,” Tri says.

Tri rushes ahead as the monster stops wailing. “Maroon!” It charges ahead towards Tri swinging his axes out towards Tri.

            “Just shut up already!”

The monster swings its axes with Tri dodging each strike slashing at the arm after it’s moved cutting it off. As each ax swings Tri cuts off another arm until only one ax and one arm remain with the monster standing enraged.

            “MAROON!”

            “Metal!” The device yells as Tri swipes his hand across it.

Tri holds his blade as it shines and grows heavier with his body breaking the roof as he rushes ahead. “Metal Strike!”

Tri slashes through the monster cutting it in half as both halves fly into the air. As the monster’s bits dissolve into nothingness, the man falls to the ground with a coin falling out on his side slowly dissolving into the air.

            “Well, it’s over,” Tri says. “Let’s get to the ground.”

            Right.

 

A moment later on the ground putting the unconscious man on a bench in the middle of the city as he jumps away. Tri stands on the roof of another building looking out into the city’s lights as the building’s shine in the night’s sky and cars move at an almost rhythmic pace. With a sigh, he leaps away making his way to the ground as he taps the device twice.

In a flash of light, he returns to normal and Edmond appears floating overhead as he lands on the ground. “That’s the last time.”

            So, you say. Edmond says. You claim to hate heroism yet have the drive of a hero, there must be an interesting story behind that.

Tri stops. “No one ever thinks of what happens when a hero dies. Win or lose they die and then what happens to the people left behind, no one ever thinks of them.”

            I believe I understand, I will not pry any further.

            “You stupid ghost, who said I was talking about myself. Anyway, let’s get home I’m starving all that transforming and fighting tires me out and gets me starving for some reason.”

            It’s the extra movement, and the energy required for the transformation. I can feel part of it coming from me and another coming from you, it must take some of your stamina and internal energy.

            “Whatever I don’t care!” Tri yells out. “Ah, I’m sleepy now.”

As the pair walk off a figure looks down on them from above before pulling out a coin with a crown symbol on it. “You see old friend, I was right. He’s compatible with the hero.”

The old man stares up at the sky as he sits down on the roof and sighs loudly. “Hopefully they can work together because we might not have a lot of time left.”

He stares into the sky and sees thousands of figures floating in the air. Ethereal figures all sleeping as they slowly fall to the ground some stirring in their dreams of their old lives and others violently thrashing about.

            “If they don’t, then we’ll surely be faced with the largest Phantom Crisis we could have ever imagined.” He says nervously.

0