Ch.15: Battle of the Heart
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            “Phantomize!” The device yells out.

As the watch flashes brightly, a sword appears within the light with Tri grabbing the blade with the energy of it overtaking his body. As the light fades Tri stands transformed as Kyle roars out with arms reaching out towards him.

            “Tri?” Saffy asks as she sees figures moving rapidly in front of her. “What’s going on?”

            “Flame!” The device yells out.

Tri’s sword burns with fire and he swings it at each of the arms cutting them off as he charges ahead. “I’m ending this now!”

As the flames on the blade intensify Tri aims for Kyle’s chest to run him through. “Flame Strike!”

As Tri attempts to strike Kyle more arms emerge from his chest pushing him away and forcing him into the side of the school building. Tri forces himself up and swings away at the arms forcing them away as he stands injured.

            “What the hell was that?”

            You can’t just rush a battle, you have to weaken a foe before delivering the final strike. Edmond says. This foe is tricky, those arms are defiantly a difficult factor to overcome.

Kyle turns towards Saffy as his arms reach out his human face emerging as he smiles. “Come on Saffy, let us become one then this can all be over.”

            “Kyle, please I don’t know what’s going on,” Saffy says staring up at Kyle’s floating face. “But you look like you’re in pain if I can help you then…”

Saffy reaches out for him with Kyle’s various arms reaching out towards her wrapping around her body. As she feels the odd arms wrapping around her she struggles against the unseen force with Kyle smiling excitedly.

            “Now lets…”

            “Not now!” Tri yells out.

Tri’s body burns brightly as he swings his blade slashing at the mass of arms cutting Saffy away as he stands in front of her. “I won’t let you lay your arms on Saffy ever again.”

            “Tri? Are you still there?” Saffy asks staring up at a figure in front of her. “What’s going on?”

            “Don’t worry Saffy, I’m going to protect you. I’m going to stop this monster and keep you safe.” Tri says seriously.

            “I won’t let you keep us apart!” Kyle yells out. “I’ll going to kill you!”

The black mass wraps over Kyle’s face and he charges ahead towards a large mass of arms squirming ahead as he rushes towards Tri. Tri holds out his sword as it burns brightly holding it in the air as he waits to strike.

As the arms come down on Tri with Kyle getting closer Saffy for a moment sees the battle. “Please Stop!” She yells out. “Stop fighting!”

Saffy’s words reach Kyle and for a moment he freezes and seeing an opening Tri charges in. “Burning Strike!”

With a single wide slash, Tri cuts into Kyle cutting him apart as the black mass around him breaks apart. The mass fades away into nothingness as a dark purple coin jets out of Kyle’s body and falls onto the ground.

            “It’s over,” Tri says as he looks back and notices the coin on the ground as it fades into the air. “What is that?”

            A Phantom Coin, it seems like he somehow got his hands on the coin and it overtook his mind. But something is off about that particular coin.

With a flash of light Tri returns to normal as he looks down at the watch and the coin embedded in it. “I wonder just who is making all of these coins.”

            I wish I knew. Edmond says.

            “Kyle!” Saffy yells out rushing to Kyle’s side. “Are you okay?”

            “Saffron, sorry, I don’t know what came over me,” Kyle says coughing harshly. “Everything hurt, and the only thing that stopped it was me thinking about you.”

Saffy smiles softly. “Don’t worry. That wasn’t you that was some monster taking control of you. Either way, I’m sorry but give me time to think okay.”

            “Saffy…” Tri says turning towards her. “Even now you're still worried about this guy’s feelings.” He whispers to himself.

Kyle smiles. “That’s what I like about you so kind and caring, but you can forget about that confession. I know I don’t stand a chance, but if we can be friends, then I can be happy about that.”

            “Alright,” Saffy says with a smile. “Just stay away from monsters from here on out,"

            “Noted.”

Tri smiles and turns away. “I’ll go get a teacher, I think that guy needs a nurse.”

            “I’ll stay here and keep him talking, I think that’ll help.”

            “Sorry about his,” Kyle says looking at Tri.

Tri scoffs. “You should be, just don’t cause me any more trouble.”

Kyle coughs harshly as some black matter starts coming out of his mouth with Saffy pulling out a napkin and wiping it away. She smiles down on him keeping him somewhat calm as Kyle’s body shakes and he continues to cough.

 

Elsewhere in a dark room a figure sits in a chair and stares at a monitor as he does he notices as a dot disappears off of the screen. He frowns turning away from the monitor as he pulls out a phone and stares at the monitor again.

            “Listen, something’s happened to one of the beta testers and I’d like you to investigate it.” He says seriously. “Yes, this is a serious matter, do you want a true opponent?”

He sighs annoyed. “I’m not asking you to do it yourself, just send one of your stupid peons to investigate or else I’ll stop maintaining your equipment. Yes, in the Western District, good now please get on it.”

He hangs up the phone and stares at the monitor yet again as he frowns. “At least I managed to get some interesting data from that tester.”

He stands walking to the back of the room and enters another room. Inside of the room, a large container filled with an odd cloudy liquid sits in the back of the room as he walks closer towards it.

            “Very soon I can get my hands on true power, the power above everything else in this world.” He says excitedly as something within the container writhes around smashing against the glass. “Soon the two of us will be one.”

He pushes a button, and the container glows brightly harshly as it shakes violently. Soon another part of the machine dings as a dark purple coin falls down onto the ground with the man looking down on it excitedly.

            “Now let’s look for another beta tester, they’ll all by my stepping stones to my true ascension.”

0