Ch.18: The Wraiths
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            “Damn it, does this thing even work?” He says holding out his phone staring at the screen. “I keep looking, but it never settles down, the stupid thing must be moving around. Whoever this is I’m going to destroy them for making me work this damn hard.”

The punk stands on the edge of a lake leaning on the railing as he holds out his phone as the people around him stare. They whisper behind his back as he scowls at them scaring them off as he, frustrated, leaves the area.

            “Damn it, we need to have a stronger front on his part of the city, it’s as if no one’s ever seen a member of the Wraiths before.” He says with a scowl as he fixes his jacket. “If it wasn’t for the Boss, I would’ve left this damn task a while ago.”

He sighs and marches ahead. “Whatever, I’ll just take my aggression out on whoever this asshole is.”

 

Tri and Saffy walk into the park staring at the large lake in front of them as Edmond floats above their head. The pair nods at each other and split up rushing around the park to find any clues as Edmond floats around the crowds looking for anyone matching the description.

After some time passes the trio returns sitting on the bench close to the water’s edge as they sigh loudly. Edmond floats down and leans on the back of the bench as they all stare into the distance.

            “Nothing,” Tri says exasperatedly. “We found nothing!” He yells into the sky.

Saffy stares at him. “Look listen, this might’ve been a bust but…”

            “But what, what can we possibly do now?” Tri asks.

            Calm down, nothing will be gained if you lose your head. Edmond says seriously.

            “Your right,” Tri says. “But what can we possibly do?”

            “We could keep chasing after him or we could just wait around for some rumors or something,” Saffy says.

            “Well it’s not like we can do anything right now, so I guess I’ll just have to deal with it for now,” Tri says exhausted as he stares at Edmond. “Are you alright with that?”

            Not entirely. I’d like to find a more willing partner rather than one that cannot make up his mind. Edmond says seriously.

            “What?!”

            Listen, unless you can make up your mind on what you desire then I will rest within the coin from here on out. Edmond says.

Tri smirks. “Do what you want, I’m not going to transform I promise you that,” Tri says happily.

Saffy stands up and looks at Tri. “Tri, what did Edmond say? Are you two having a fight?”

            “Nothing Saffy, we’re just agreeing on something. We’re agreeing that I won’t ever transform again.”

            “Well, I guess that’s one way to keep you out of danger,” Saffy says.

            Well, I guess after this time I won’t ever emerge from the coin again. Edmond says looking ahead.

Ahead of them, a young punkish looking man stares ahead at the duo holding out his phone as he smiles. “Great, now I finally found you.”

            “What?” Tri asks.

            “You’re the one who’s been messing up the system.” He says putting his phone away. “I’m here to put things back into place, I’m here to fix the system.”

            “What’re you talking about?” Tri asks looking ahead.

            “I’m surprised to see a Phantom outside of a coin, but it’s interesting to see.” He says pulling out a device. “But anyway, I’ll be stopping you and ending this mess so we can get back on the plan!”

            “Plan?” Tri asks.

He slaps the device onto his arm and it attaches like a watch. “Ready!” The device yells out.

            “What is that a watch like mine?” Tri asks staring ahead.

            “With this little Phantomizer, I’ll show you my power.” He says pulling out a coin and slotting it into the watch.

            “Phantomize!” The watch yells out.

            “Saffy run,” Tri says seriously as he slams his hand over his watch.

            “Phantomize!” Tri’s watch yells out.

            I guess this will be the last time. Edmond says flowing into the watch.

            “Tri, be careful,” Saffy says nervously.

Tri’s watch glows with a bright light and a sword appears in front of him. He grabs the blade and charges ahead as energy flows across his body transforming him.

As the punk’s watch glows he a lance appears in front of him as he rushes ahead grabbing the lance as he leaps into the air. Energy flows across his body transforming him as he leaps down on Tri.

Tri holds his blade out blocking the lance strike and knocking the transformed punk into the air.

            “Your pretty good, I honestly wasn’t expecting to see a Phantomizer out here.” He says standing tall.

He stands with a green under suit with blue armored pieces as he smiles happily holding out his lance. “But I only have one question, where did you get that?”

            “That’s what I want to know!” Tri yells out rushing ahead.

The punk smirks as he waves his hand over the watch piece. “Water!”

            “You picked a bad place to fight me.” He says happily.

Water flows out of the lake towards the punk and his lance as it forms around his body. As Tri comes in slashing at the punk a watery shield forms around the punk knocking Tri back and slowing the momentum of his attack.

            “I’ll show you the power of the Wraiths, and then the Boss will give me this little toy permanently.” He says happily.

Saffy stares ahead watching as a blob of water comes out of the lake in front of her. As she observes she sees Tri and the punk in their transformed states as Tri falls back onto the ground with the punk standing over him.

            “Damn, what’s with this guy?” Tri asks.

            He appears to have some connection to whatever is going on here. Meaning you must be careful, until now you’ve been fighting rampaging beasts, but this one here he’s actively going after you. Edmond says.

            “This is the end!” The punk yells out charging ahead.

0