Ch.22: Possibilities
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tri walks down the street with his hands in his pocket taking an occasional glance at the watch on his arm. He stares at Edmond’s coin and then looks around the air for any sign of Edmond. However, no sign of him exists, but high in the air hundreds if not thousands of figures float around aimlessly with no sense of direction as some fall closer to the ground slowly.

            “Great, you’re not around, but I’m still able to see the Phantoms,” Tri says rubbing his eyes. “Just what was the point of getting rid of you in the first place.”

            “Tri!” Saffy yells out rushing to Tri’s side. “Any luck?”

            “Nope, Edmond’s still not showing up,” Tri says dismissively. “And I have no idea what to even do.”

Saffy stares up at him. “Well, we should consider tracking down that guy from yesterday?”

Tri thinks back to the punk and their battle in the park. “No.”

            “What?”

            “Saffy, can you see what’s going on in the sky right now?”

            “Kind of, it looks like a bunch of…”

            “Their Phantoms, hundreds of Phantoms all sleeping up in the air. And they're coming down, slowly but surely they're coming down here and making their way towards us.” Tri says seriously. “And they're all going to possess someone and then they're going to go on a rampage.”

            “So, maybe they have a way to stop it.”

            “Not a chance, they sent someone out here to fight us. If we went to them, they would probably have us killed or something.”

            “But he didn’t want to kill us, he just wanted to push you back or whatever,” Saffy mumbles.

Tri sighs. “Either way it’s too much of a risk. No, I have to figure this out on my own, and the sooner I do the sooner Edmond can come back, and then we can find a way to get this watch off.”

            “Tri…” Saffy whispers.

            “Don’t worry, we’ll get this done and then soon life can go back to normal,” Tri says walking ahead. “Now let’s get to school or else there’ll be a different sort of situation on our hands.”

            “Oh alright,” Saffy says sadly.

 

Elsewhere Jago walks around holding out his phone as he follows a weakening spot on a map. He finds himself in a park walking around yesterday’s battleground as he notices the scorch marks on the ground.

            “Burn marks.” He says with a grin on his face. “Well with my Phantom I have the skills to counter that, but I need to know what other ability this guy has,"

He pulls out his phone. “I know Frank lost the fight, but according to this signal, he didn’t get away uninjured. I’ll be sure to use the opening you’ve given me to defeat our foe.”

He stands taking one last glance around the area as he moves on following the signal as he chases down his foe.

 

Tri sits in the middle of the school building exhausted as he stares down at Edmond’s coin. He thinks of ways to bring him out from the coin. Plenty of thoughts flow through his mind, but nothing, in particular, comes to his mind, and he gives up sighing loudly.

            “Great, this is just so dumb. Why am I even trying so hard, I should really just give up.” He whispers to himself as he stares at the coin. “Is that what you want me to do Edmond? Is that the choice you want me to make, or is it something else you’re after here?”

As he sighs, he looks up at the board as the teacher continues giving a lesson as the rest of the class listens on.

            “Now I know you're all getting antsy, but please everyone settle down.” The teacher says getting the class’s attention. “Now everyone can anyone tell me what helps society function?”

            “Money.” One student says.

            “Rules!” Another student yells out.

            “Cooperation.”

            “Thank you!” The teacher yells out. “Cooperation is the key to human society, without it money, rules, none of it’s of any importance. We all work together in our own ways to make society better, like how I am a teacher who helps foster the next generation or the jobs your parents take to put food on your tables. And one day, you’ll decide how you’ll decide to shape society.”

The class mutters among themselves and Tri stares back at Edmond’s coin. “Cooperation, huh? Could it be that’s what we lacked, hey Edmond?”

 

As class ends Tri walks out into the halls and sighs heavily as everyone walks past him. He stares at the groups passing by him as they move along towards their various destinations. Tired of that sight he moves to the courtyard and notices Saffy rushing towards a small group of girls with a large smile on her face.

            “Edmond, do I always seem alone?” Tri whispers to the coin. “Since I don’t hear you anymore, I’m noticing it more now, my loneliness. I never realized it before, but now….”

He sighs loudly and stares up at the ceiling. “Oh, come on, I have to stop acting like this. I should be happy he’s gone, it means I don’t have to deal with his crap anymore.”

            “I should move onto class already.”

 

Meanwhile, outside of the school, Jago sits around staring at his phone pointed at the school as a dot moves around on the screen. He stares at the spot and smirks pulling out his Phantomizer and a coin as he sits on a nearby bench.

            “Well now, I’ve found you,” Jago says excitedly as he mentally prepares himself for battle. “Oh, but I can’t attack now, I don’t want to get too many people involved, so I’ll wait, and when it’s time, I’ll hunt you down and finish you.”

He smirks as he slaps the Phantomizer onto his wrist and inserts the coin. “Phantomize!” The device yells out.

            “Let’s hunt!” He yells out as he’s engulfed by a bright light.

As the light fades he stands in a yellow under suit with blue armor and a feathered hat on his head. He laughs loudly with no one able to see him as he walks ahead towards the school.

0