Ch.29: Partners
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Saffy walks towards the window opening the blinds to let the rays of sunlight in. The beams of the sun hit Tri as he shakes covering his face as he tries to block the sun. As he moves around Edmond appears above him and looks down staring at Tri’s faces as he opens his eyes.

            “Ah!” Tri yells out as he stares at Edmond. “What’re you doing?”

            Checking to see if you're alright. You were sleeping for quite some time. Edmond says.

            “Really?”

Saffy walks up to the pair in her pajamas. “You crashed down onto the ground as soon as we came into the doorway, I left you on the sofa and took your bed for the night.”

            “What’d your parents say?” Tri asks.

            “I told them I was staying at your place and they told me to stay careful and asked if you were okay,” Saffy says.

Tri scratches his cheek. “I don’t know if your parents trust me or if they don’t see me as a threat.”

            “Don’t worry about it there’re bigger issues.” She says seriously.

            “Like what?”

            “Look at your arm!”

Tri stares down at his right arm and notices a large mark trailing up his arm. “What is this?”

            The feedback as it were.

            “Feedback?”

            When you called out my power, I held in the force of it from affecting your body and as such went into a sleep. However, when you awoke me, the force struck your body; freeing it from myself.

Tri thinks back to the white void where he found Edmond and the fire that engulfed his body. “So, this is my fault.”

            Yes, there was nothing I could do to halt it.

            “How do you feel?”

Tri moves his arm, “I’m fine. It stings a bit, but it doesn’t hurt too much and it should fade quickly.”

            “So, what now aside from that?” Saffy asks. “Edmond told me about everything while you were asleep, so what’re…”

Tri stands. “We’re dealing with this Phantom issue.”

“Really?”

Tri…

“Don’t get me wrong, if I’m going to get dragged into this issue I might as well go in myself instead of being dragged in,” Tri says seriously as he stares at the watch. “I mean I’m basically stuck with you so I have nothing else I can do right.”

Tri, I thank you for your service.

“I’m not doing this for you, I’m doing this for myself,” Tri says. “If I’m able to get this stupid thing off; I’m dropping this crap as soon as I can!”

Saffy smiles. “Alright, but you have to try your hardest no matter what you do.”

            “Anyway, why do you have your pajamas?”

            “Oh, I left a pair here last time,” Saffy says bluntly. “I figured I was going to end up sleeping here again; so I left some pajamas around your apartment.”

            “How did I not notice that!?” Tri yells out.

            “You should really look around the place a bit better,” Saffy says pulling out a can of soda. “I’ve hidden all kinds of stuff all over this place!”

            “Wait what!?” Tri yells out rushing around. “Damn it Saffy!”

            This will be a task I cannot help with. Edmond says fading away.

            “Come on you ghost, help me figure this crap out!”

Saffy laughs as Tri rushes around the apartment as she takes a sip of her soda.

 

As time passes and night comes Tri sits around on the balcony as Saffy walks past on the street waving at Tri as she passes. Edmond appears and floats over Tri staring at him as he turns around and moves back into the apartment.

            “Well, that’s over,” Tri says stretching. “I hope she didn’t leave anything else in here.”

            It’s possible, after all, she knows you quite well. She might have hidden more objects just to trick you. Edmond says.

Tri pouts. “Great, I don’t need another roommate.”

            Roommate?

            “Basically, because you can’t leave, we’re technically roommates. Or partners in a way.”

            Partners? Well, aren’t we already?

            “In a way, I guess. But I never really felt it until now.”

            The Dual Soul System, I wonder if that has anything to do what it? The closer the two of us get to becoming one the more powerful we become.

            “Sounds like a pain,” Tri says walking off. “I don’t really like the idea of becoming one with someone else, but I don’t necessarily hate it.”

Edmond floats around and lands in front of Tri. Until this crisis is settled, we shall not part.

            “Or else we’ll find some way to remove this and then we find you someone else who’ll want to deal with this crap,” Tri says walking off.

            I’m not the best with partners either.

            “What?”

            Back in my own world, I had a group of allies and we tried our hardest to defend our world. However, distrust grew around us and eventually, we broke apart and failed in our task dying as our world crumbled around us.

            “Wow, that sounded dark,” Tri says seriously. “Well, I’ll try my best to find someone who’ll care for you until the end. Or else I’ll get stuck with you and none of us want that.”

Tri smirks and Edmond floats away fading into the air. “Is that how ghosts respond to being embarrassed?”

            “Well, you can come out when you decide. I’ll be waiting, we’re partners, after all, we’re kind of stuck with each other.” Tri says with a smirk. “Now then what should our next move be exactly? I really don’t have much of a plan here?”

            First, we should do what we can and take care of any Phantoms that cause trouble when they find hosts, at the same time we can investigate this group and how they’re tied into this mess. Edmond says reappearing.

            “Don’t just pop up when you decide!”

            But you just said I could.

            “I did, but I didn’t mean like that. But aside from that, that’s a good plan, as much as I don’t want to fight him again I hope we do find that guy again and next time we’ll force some answers out of him!” Tri yells out.

            Of course, let’s do it and end this craziness. Edmond says happily.

            “Yeah, let’s save the world!” Tri yells.

0