Chapter 7 – Events before the war
4.9k 14 114
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the throne room in the Human Empire.

 

“Father, the Dragon Queen has started marching her troops to our capital!” The crown prince panicked. He had a completely terrified look on his face. 

“So the dragon bitch has started her invasion on us.. Are the army ready to welcome them?”

“Yes, the army of 300 000 is starting to mobilize outside the city walls. But what about the villages that’s on the way here? The people who live there will get massacred!” The crown prince didn’t like the plan to wait until the army got outside of the capitol city. But he couldn’t do much about this, he wasn't the king yet. 

“It is a small price to pay for the safety of our capital. We cannot risk our army to be out saving some worthless villagers. If they are out there who will protect this city!?” 

“But father.. They are our people.” 

“I will not hear any more of this Herveus!” 

“...Understood father...” 

 

“Do you really think we can defeat the dragons, your majesty?” A man in all black came forth from behind one of the many pillars inside the throne room. He had black pants, black shoes and a black sweater. He had a pitch black cloak with a hood covering his head and a black balaclava covering his face. He had multiple knives strapped around his waist on a belt, all with a black blade. He was completely black, as the night itself. 

 

If you didn’t know he was there you wouldn’t notice him. He was almost completely invisible and didn’t let out any presence at all. No one knew his name and no one knew his origin, but he was known on the entire continent as the Empires assassin, the Invisible Death. If he got orders to assassinate you, you were as good as dead, no one has ever escaped this man.  

 

“Waah! How long have you been there!” The crown prince was shocked to see the Invisible Death, he didn’t know he was there at all. And he was said to be the strongest knight in the Empire. 

“I just happened to be here when you started talking.” The assassin shrugged his shoulders. 

 

The prince couldn’t see his face under his mask but he could tell that he had a wide smile under it.  

 

“It’s okay, Herveus. And to answer your question, yes I am confident we can defeat them. The holy-water cannons are ready. As soon as they come they will get drenched with holy-water and perish. Even dragons can’t withstand them, just as the dragons from the village Devlan 26 years ago.” 

“If you say so, but these dragons are a lot tougher than the dragons from that village. I still don’t understand why you attacked that village though. It makes no sense to me.”  

“You don’t need to understand, just know that the 10 000 dragons that’s coming here are going to get killed by those cannons.” I can’t tell anyone why I destroyed that village, not yet anyway. “Herveus, I want you to stand on the walls commanding the holy-water cannons.” 

“Yes, father.” 

“And you, Invisible Death, I want you to keep training the Hero and let me know when he is ready.” 

“Understood, your majesty.” 

 

______

In the Dragon Queen’s Palace throne room. A beautiful woman with long crimson hair sat with her legs crossed and the arms rested on the armrest on a massive 10 meters tall all black throne, with glowing red spikes on the top. In front of her kneeled 3 dragon knights all with silver armor. 

 

“Raise your heads.”

 

The 3 knights then raised their heads to look at their Queen. 

 

“You will depart to the frontline of our troops, I place my faith in you to destroy the entire capital but leave the King and his family to me. I will kill them myself!” 

“””Understood, we will not disappoint you!””” They all said in sync with complete confidence. 

 

If they go to the frontlines I’m sure that Asrord will fall. They are the strongest knights in my arsenal after all. And after I take down the Empire all the other territories will be a peace of cake. 

 

I have already conquered half the continent but all the territories have just fallen back and given me some of its lands after gotten massacred by me and my armies. The reason they haven’t been taken care of yet is because I didn’t want to rush in and might get caught in an ambush. So I have taken it rather slow but now my patience have run out. I will start with the Empire, and none of them will live. My army is small, 10 000 compared to the Empires 300 000 but dragons are much stronger than some weak humans. They will surely get destroyed. 

 

My hatred towards the Empire will be their downfall! But why does it feel like I have forgotten something… 

 

“My Queen, you look troubled what’s wrong?” One of the silver knights spoke up. 

“.. Hmmppff, nothing. So.., hurry up and get to the frontline!” 

“””Yes, we will depart right away!”””

 

The 3 silver knights then walked out of the huge throne room that had silver dragon statues on each side between the red pillars. In the roof hang multiple chandeliers lightening up the large room. The dragon statues sparkled from the red lights from the chandeliers and they were so well done that they almost looked to be alive. On the floor was a carpet that went through the entire room, from the big wooden door with silver engravings of dragons and ancient text that was the entrance all the way to the throne. The carpet was red with golden roses all over. And yes it was real gold. If you stood in the entrance and looked in to the room you would almost get entranced by it’s glory. 

 

______

“Haah.. Commander! .. haa.. I got news that the 3 silver knights.. haah.. will be joining us in the frontlines!” The young dragon boy was almost out of breath from flying as fast as he could to inform his commander about the news. 

“What?! What an honor..! With them on the frontlines the Empires army will fall like flies. Hahaha!” 

 

 

114