Chapter 14 – The truth
3.3k 19 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the long wait, had some stuff happening but here is the new chapter. Also I'm thinking about creating a Patreon where extra stuff and early access to chapters will get released if anyone will be interested in that.

“Greetings Sam” A dark voice echoing in my head, I had just fallen asleep but someone was calling out to me, I think. Because of the name choice I can’t really understand who the voice is talking to.

 

I opened my eyes but I wasn’t in my ordinary room, I was still in my bed but my surroundings was completely black. I couldn’t see anything, it was like I was in an endless black space. 

 

“So, you’re finally up are you?” The same dark voice echoed in my head. 

“Who are you!? Show yourself!”

 

Then suddenly a throne made out of gold and shining rubies came into view and sitting upon the throne was a person. He was a dragon and someone I had met in the past, this I knew because of his horns on his head and his wings on his back, he even had a tail. All were gold with some ruby red patterns on them. If you ask me it was too much gold. And even though we were surrounded by darkness I was almost blinded by his appearance. 

 

“Dragon God!?” I couldn't believe my eyes, why would he summon me to his realm? 

“Yes, you did recognize me after all, Sam.” 

“Of course! I would never forget the face of my God! But why do you call me Sam?” 

 

Even when I was asleep he called me Sam.. is he thinking of someone else perhaps and summoned the wrong person? 

 

“The reason is simple, your true name is Sam. And the reason I summoned you here is simple. To tell you the truth.” 

 

What? The truth, what in the world is he talking about? Has it perhaps something to do with my mind being rather cloudy recently.. And, my name is Sam? What the f*ck is he on about? 

 

It must have showed on my face that I didn’t understand what he was talking about because in the next moment he answered my thoughts..

 

“The truth about yourself. You see, your mind and memories have been a little hazy over the past days correct?” 

“Yes, do you know why?” 

“The hazy memories and weird dreams of another world you have experienced are real and the memories of this world and your past are fake. You see, you haven’t been in this world for longer than a couple of days. I summoned you here and implanted memories in your mind. But I didn’t think that they wouldn’t become completely consumed. So first I’ll fix your hazy mind so we can have a better talk.” 

 

What is he talking about? I don’t understand, my memories of my past are fake and I come from another world? 

 

He then pointed his finger towards me and a ball of light flew at me. As soon as the light blob hit me in the forehead everything became clear. My name was Sam Stryder and I was a normal high school student and I was transported to this world as my in-game character from the famous game SAM - swords and magic. 

 

Holy sh*t it’s like my other life came back from the dead. And this one was set on hold. My head is spinning though.. 

 

“The reason I summoned you into this world and implanted those memories inside you was because this world was so peaceful that it disrupted the laws of the world. Of course I changed the memories of every living being that already existed in the world too so they knew of your existence as well as your achievements in-game. So they became real."

 

He then stood up from his throne and walked towards me. 

 

"The reason I chose you was because I searched for other worlds and found that there was a game in said world that was extremely similar to this one and your character happened to be the perfect fit.” 

 

This is overwhelming me.. Too much information.. But why say this to me though, he didn’t have to tell me this? But I think I got the hang of it..

 

“I think I understand why I’m here, and you implanted the memories of my village getting destroyed as well as my childhood here so that I wouldn’t hesitate to try and take over the world. Right?” 

“Correct.” 

“But why tell me this?” It is rather strange for a God to share this information that he didn’t have to. 

“For 2 reasons, the first one is because your memories from your past world didn’t completely disappear. And the second reason is because the Administrator of this world didn’t like that I summoned you here and changed everyone's memories. I can tell that you don’t want to go back to your past world and I don’t want you to do that either, so you can expect that the Administrator will send obstacles in your way to try and kill you.”

 

So the Emperor that pleaded forgiveness to the Administrator got the cannons and the knowledge to summon a Hero from the Administrator himself. If the other territories get the same information and possibly even better weapons... I’m in trouble. 

But how did the Dragon God summon me behind the Administrator’s back, isn’t he supposed to be the one with all the power? 

 

“So, I can see that you can understand the predicament you are in, but I still have one more question left to ask you.” 

 

Something else, I thought this was it.. Please no more bad news! Give me something good! More fighting power perhaps?   

 

The Dragon God was now only centimeters away from my face and with a grin on his face he said, “Do you wish to remove this worlds memories or remove your past worlds memories?”

 

 

66