Interlude: A Golden Memory
312 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A gentle summer breeze eagerly dances across the field, cuddling, caressing, and cajoling golden ears of wheat. It cavorts through the branches of a lonely tree, tickling its leaves till they rustle in laughter. 

I sit below in its comfortable shade, brushing strands of hair out of my face as they seek to join the fun. It is quiet here; a peaceful, gentle valley devoid of my mother’s shrieks and my father’s excuses. Only one presence is kind and caring enough to join me here; a man’s face of gentle beauty, dreaming softly in my lap. A face I so distrusted at first, wary of his golden hair and sky blue eyes. And yet, who in that palace of snakes saw me for who I truly was?

I brush a strand of said golden hair from his face. His long eyelashes flutter, and he looks up to see me fluster with a bemused expression. 

“I-I’m sorry Your Highness. I didn’t mean to wake you.” 

A lazy smile crawls across his moist lips, an expression of utter satisfaction. 

“You should be more careful, birdy. Someone other than me could interpret that action as inviting,” he teases. 

“Your Highness! I-I would never-”

He slowly sits up from my lap to look into my befuddled eyes. Once again I am struck by his beauty; a body and soul taken straight from heaven. 

“Yes…” he whispers. “I like that expression. But there is one thing I don’t like. Don’t call me Your Highness anymore. Call me by my name.”

A heated blush races up towards my face as I try to look away. But his hand reaches out and gently clasps my chin, and all I can do is look down. 

“I-I would never dare-”

“Call me by my name. Please. For me.”

I feel his warm breath on my face, kickstarting my heart into a heated race. My whole body begins to smoulder, fanned by his serious expression as he stares into my eyes. 

“A-Alexander…”

“Hmmm… no, not quite enough. Call me Alex.”

“A-Alex…”

I can barely look at him now, as my heart feels like it is about to explode. His expression shifts from a serious one to a grin filled with boundless delight. 

“Yes… I quite like that expression.” 

He leans in, and as he takes my lips for the first time I melt into his arms. At first his lips seem hesitant, probing, but as they find what they so desperately desire, his kiss deepens. His tongue pushes forward between my lips, exploring my mouth with all the vigor of a young buck. I remain frozen as the shock and sudden stimulation overloads my mind, but as I process what is happening I start to respond. I can feel my body utterly aflame, my hands and legs trembling with desire. My dark hair escapes and dances in the laughing breeze as a fire blazes between us; the golden field and brilliant blue sky reflected in the man I believe I love.

For a brief moment, he breaks away to gaze at me with eyes of passion. I find myself longing for his lips, saddened by their sudden loss. 

“I-I love you, my little bird,” he whispers before returning to me.

 

ngl, I cringed a lil while writing this. This is what happens when you have a love/hate relationship with shoujo and josei... This interlude is totally different from all of the other chapters, so I hope it wasn't too shocking. Then again, that's why it's an interlude. But don't worry; to make up for this one, the next chapter will be up in half an hour.

22