[Vol.1] Chapter 26 – Journey
2.9k 3 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been about five days since we left the forest, there's almost nothing to eat around here until now we mostly found only scorpions and some groups of hyenas, and almost all of them with the same hunger status, this must be the canyon of death we pass through dry rivers and even a ghost town, but so far it has been very difficult for us I'm already at level 4 and Kato at level 3, it's complicated to level, and that's the least of our problems we arrived in a giant gorge I’m seeing the other side but it’s too far, Kato can float there without any problems, but and I’ll be around for days, I have to think.

 

Suddenly an idea comes to me, the rabbit that attacked me in my first battle would jump higher and higher if I learn a skill like this I can, first I curl up and start, and trying to throw myself up is complicated, but I try after try.

 

(You have acquired skill Spring Thrust level 1)

 

It worked! Spring momentum is still weak, but just like the rabbit, I jump up and down for hours and I see the skill go up quickly and in the late afternoon when it reaches level 5, I decide to jump the other way, whoever does not risk anything, is all or nothing, I position myself well towards the other side and jump.

 

I am thrown by the huge distance over the great abyss, and I see the other side, but I start to lose strength and fall, but I bite the edge of the other side as my body goes down I am holding on by the fangs Kato tries to push me but I am too heavy our collective effort is necessary so that I can get out of there.

 

That was almost, a level less in the skill and it was game over for me, wow that tired me a lot I'm even out of breath, it is that feeling of almost death, I already felt it sometimes this is tense, but now it's dark and people in the middle of nowhere I would dig if I could but everything around here is rock, it makes it impossible for me to sleep here, it seems very isolated I snuggle up in a corner and Kato comes along, good night Kato.

 

I am awakened early by some kind of strange laughter, it is very loud, it comes from a direction ahead there is no other way so I wake up Kato and I will investigate, I come across a dangerous scene a giant hyena of almost 2 meters is fighting with lots of scorpions for her it’s like it’s nothing, and even if some of them manage to hit her instead of getting angry or scared she keeps laughing, it scares me I try to avoid conflict and go on a different path but the rest The flock of the giant hyena is encircling all sides, I have to get out of here fast, I don’t want to face this thing, I use the spring impulse and throw myself up high and shoot thorns and finish off all the smaller hyenas.

 

(You have gone up to level 5)

 

Ready now it's legs that I want you for, I try to distance myself quickly from the larger hyena, I climb a steep path and I follow with all speed, after a while, we return to an open field, I think everything is fine but when I turn around I see the huge hyena staring at me how did she get here so fast ?! I use to evaluate.

 

Species: Hyena Queen Lvl 24 HP: 48 MP: 19 ATK: 38 AGI: 79 Condition: Hunger / Anger

 

Anger and hunger until I understand it, but what agility is this 79, it’s very fast that’s how it reached us, an evolution of hyenas, they live in a society in which the female is stronger and dominates the male so it’s not surprising being a queen the leader but something bothers me even though her companions are dead she doesn't stop laughing, I have no other solution the confrontation is imminent.

48