[Vol.3] Chapter 9 – Humiliation
1k 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We went back to the attack over and over again, so much so that we came back we created a new resting point further up the mountain and the lake.

 

I must say that the hippo is a more powerful antagonist than I expected, I try to fight him once without being paralyzed, his main way of attack is to throw himself at his opponents and when you are too close he opens his huge mouth and tries to bite I've tried to throw things in his mouth, but he uses his hard tongue to protect himself from this type of attack.

 

Even if I tried to get inside him or send someone over there he would protect him with his tongue and cut anyone in half with his super jaw.

 

I return with the strategy of leaving him paralyzed and using attacks from short distances, this time I try to use my curse attack, but nothing happens I think that in his name he must be a type of demon soon has resistance to this type of blow.

 

But once I give up and go back to the resting place, while I watch the hippo swim.

 

Given a little more time back to action I decide that I will use my supreme combo, Rex once again uses the paralyzing breath of all the times he used this attack, he must have already leveled up a lot, I start activating the strength of Hercules and I try to hang him again it’s no use, I go under him and try to lift him, but he’s getting heavier out of nowhere it must be a weight gaining skill but I try to keep him up.

 

(Skill Hercules Strength reached to level 2)

 

Our perfect timing, in that I throw it and it falls backward now I use Ira de Ares in sequence, and I start to hit his belly with everything I have whip, spear, thorns and I can even get a little out of his HP, but it moves again and I take distance with the impulse of the spring and instead of chasing me it goes back to the water, I find it strange until I realize that its HP is regenerating, I am kidding with all the effort I had to take some of its life and he managed to regenerate in seconds.

 

I go back to where the others are, and I hear Onegawara and Domo talking behind my back.

 

-Domo: How many attempts have it been?

 

-Onegawara: Eleven and he keeps trying.

 

-Domo: We will stay here for years if this continues.

 

I decide to intrude.

 

-Rino: So what are you talking about?

 

-Onegawara: Man I understand that you want to defeat him, we all do, but I think it is better to accept that we have no power to beat him.

 

-Domo: It is true to try it is good only you need to know when to give up.

 

-Rino: You guys are right I should have listened to what the guild receptionist said about this mission, if I could talk to her I would say she was right.

 

-Rino: Wait a minute, I already know why we didn't try this before.

 

-Onegawara: Try what?

 

-Rino: I will try to use telepathy on the demonic hippo and convince him to go somewhere else, if it doesn't work, we will use the brain.

 

-Onegawara: I don't know what to think, I find it difficult, but why not try.

 

-Rino: Well let's see.

 

After a while my HP and MP regenerate, I go to the edge of our current location and try to use telepathy on it.

 

-Rino: Hippo can hear me and understand me.

 

- Demonic Hippopotamus: Huh, who is it?

 

(Skill Telepathy reached to level 2)

 

It finally evolved huh, after talking so much I found it strange that this skill didn’t level up I think that by trying to use it on different beings it finally progressed, well I need to concentrate.

 

-Rino: I'm the snake, sorry to me and my friends for attacking you.

 

- Demonic Hippopotamus: So it's you.

 

-Rino: Yes, I understand that you need water, but because you have plugged the river, the people who live at the foot of the mountain are so thirsty.

 

- Demonic Hippopotamus: So what.

 

-Rino: Good because you don't try to find another place to live in one that doesn't hurt anyone.

 

- Demonic Hippopotamus: And losing this place, not even dead here, I have all the water I need besides that your snakes are strange first tell me to come here because there is enough water, now they want me to leave as if I would obey you.

 

-Rino: What do you mean, did you have another one besides me?

 

- Demonic Hippopotamus: Shut up and let me sleep, your loser still doesn't understand he can't win me, go away soon and take these losers there with you.

 

-Rino: Remove what you said, hey.

 

He started to look at me with a face that is thinking something funny and then turns around, he is making fun of me, makes me full of anger and questions, insults my friends and now he will turn his back on me, I can't let myself I will finish him, I will make him pay for humiliating me like that.

14