[Vol.4] Chapter 10 – The woodpecker, the rhinoceros and the porcupine
673 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 
 
Another day begins and Sukani and I return to our routine of going to the guild, arriving there we go to the direction of the receptionist.

 
Receptionist: Ohh Sukani, I see you came back from the expedition and how was it there?

 
Sukani: Everything seemed normal, then we were stuck in a boat while a giant crocodile tried to kill us and in addition we were betrayed by the expedition leader who lured us into a death trap, but me and the rest of the group were saved by a snake that protected the area with your army of reptiles, and now I'm back here.

 
The receptionist's mouth is open for a while.

 
Rino in thought: Sukani I think you got a little heavy on the explanation.

 
Sukani in thought: It was bad, I thought it best to open the game right away.

 
Rino in thought: In the next one he explains more calmly with, well, less details ok.

 
Sukani in thought: Understood.

 
Receptionist: Wow, I'm sorry that you went through this, everything must have been very difficult.

 
Sukani: Not so much, and I already completed the cemetery's mission too, I couldn't bring anything from the monster.

 
Receptionist: Everything is fine, let me show you in the missions it is written pending and when the condition written on it is fulfilled, the mission accomplished in place appears, this is how we know whether people will carry out the missions or not.

 
Sukani: So this is how you knew if a mission is accomplished or not, well I will look for more missions anyway.

 
Receptionist: Okay, but let me give you the reward first.

 
After the receptionist gave us the money, we put it in the bag that packs our items and we go to the missions.

 
From what I see nothing very interesting for some time now this has been very boring, although there are two missions here that provide, the first is about escorting a noble, for the amount of stars and money must be someone important, but I doubt that they will want Sukani to do that if only we could help, and the other is one that is more our style, in a village to the southeast there have been strange monster attacks they come at dusk destroy everything they pass through are coordinated monsters and before they leave they steal carts full of supplies.

 
This mission is suspicious, first to load full wagons it takes strength, second the mission implies that there are more than one monster but does not specify how many there are, and third because they are organized they may be from the demon king's army, this intrigues me, I want to know what it is.

 
We took this mission to the receptionist and went to meet the others to explain the situation, we went around the city through the surrounding forest and started walking towards the village to the southeast.

 
We walked for two hours to get there, Sukani goes to the city together with me invisible to look for information, but there all they knew was that one of the monsters he attacked was very big and seemed to be carrying something on his back.

 
We went back to the others and told them that there was no information about the attacks other than what we were told before.

 
Onegawara: Only with this is it a bit complicated to come up with a plan to combat enemy attacks.

 
Domo: Don't worry, now that I have evolved I can use the new skills that I have gained and together with our teamwork I doubt that we will have a problem.

 
Onegawara: Trust is good, but let's not overdo it.

 
Rino: He's right, we don't really know what we're going to deal with and it takes a while to adapt to the new powers you've gained, for now let's wait if the information is right around dusk they will appear.

 
We waited patiently all afternoon until it starts to get dark, I see a cloud of dust rising on the horizon. There is something running towards the village, it must be the monster, but I can't really see what it is.

 
Rino: Get ready, it's coming.

 
The dust cloud is growing and the monster is approaching, I decide to try to stop it and start shooting thorns that go against the monster, but when my attack pierces the dust cloud I see that it is useless because the monster keeps moving forward.

 
In fact, for some time now my greatest pride, the thorns have not been useful for almost anything, it didn't work on the crocodile, it didn't work on the hippopotamus should I give up on this tactic.

 
When the monster is very close to the village, I see horns on it, its size and appearance is undoubtedly shaping a rhino, we need to find a way to slow it down.

 
We all decided to attack at once, but when our collective magic attack from a distance comes close we see the reason that my previous attack did not cause any damage it invokes something like a force field to protect itself while running, impressive.

 
When he invades the village he starts to pass inside the houses as if the walls were sheets of paper but with that he starts to brake.
 
 

I approach and see that there is something on his back is a bird and he is staring at me, this is strange use to evaluate both.

 

Species: Robust Rhino Lvl 37 HP: 120 MP: 51 ATK: 149 SPD: 59 Condition: Normal

 

Species: Cerulean Woodpecker Lvl 26 HP: 68 MP: 97 ATK: 29 SPD: 40 Condition: Normal

Those two are a problem, I don't know why, but that woodpecker seems to me to be worse than it seems to be better to get rid of it at once, I take advantage that I'm close and use flaming spikes, and the attack is blocked by the woodpecker. rhino who summoned the force field was him.

 

Before I try to take another attack action, I am hit by what appear to be sharp needles that pierce my skin, there is another monster behind the woodpecker, it is a hedgehog, I have not seen it better to evaluate.

 

Species: Porcupine Gunner Lvl 12 HP: 39 MP: 40 ATK: 45 SPD: 12 Condition: Normal

 

Only level 12 and already manages to pierce my skin, I see that defeating this trio will not be as easy as we imagined.

8