[Vol.4] Chapter 19 – The lessons of necromancer without memory
554 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we entered we realized that the place seems to have been abandoned for a long time, there is dust everywhere and some cobwebs, we followed a dimly lit corridor and started to hear a sound in the background.

 

 

We were afraid, but we came to the conclusion that it must be the person who lowered the drawbridge for us and we go against the sound.

 

 

When we get to him what appears is a very old man with cables attached all over his body and the brain can be seen behind a transparent container.

 

 

Rino: Excuse me, who would you be ...

 

 

Old man: Chimera Frankenstein, who said that name?

 

 

Domo: Did I have a problem?

 

 

Old man: Where did you get it from, I'm sure I've heard something similar somewhere, but it was a long time ago.

 

 

Domo: Look, I only thought of calling him that because of what my companions said about some monsters in our world.

 

 

Old man: Your world does have a name for creatures like you were, it was, it was, if I'm not mistaken, darksekai, it isn't.

 

 

Onegawara: That's right, but if possible you can use the term 'beings' instead of 'monsters' or 'creatures' kind of lowers our morals you know.

 

 

Old man: Sorry, sorry I'm going to remember the record, only when I heard the name he gave to my monsters it fired a trigger in my memory and made me curious, please tell me how you know that name.

 

 

We told him the same thing that we had already said about the monsters of our world, the chimera and Frankstein, he seemed very excited about all that we told.

 

 

Old man: AMAZING! I knew that my creations were not meaningless so this is what I was creating.

 

 

Rino: Sorry for the interruption, only that we are a little lost here can explain to us who you are and what those monsters are out there.

 

 

Man: My rudeness, let me introduce myself, I don't know my name, according to all I know is that those monsters are the combination of different beings that I created, but I didn't remember why, but now I know I was trying to create a perfect monster made up of the best monster parts.

 

 

Domo: How do you not know your name? It's prank by chance.

 

 

Old man: It's not like that, you may have noticed my current physical situation isn't it, it's been so long that I don't even remember anything anymore and to keep living and creating new things I erase things from my memory unnecessary to have more space to think, one of those things was my name as I lived alone here I didn't think I needed more than one.

 

 

Rino: Ok, I think you could understand and taking advantage of the fact that we helped you with the name of your creatures and the thing of trying to create a supreme monster, it could help us with one thing.

 

 

We explained to him our objective and our mission on this island so that he tries to understand our situation and sympathize with our mission.

 

 

Old man: What a story, so you're after brainwashing, uuunn, it's okay. I'm going to help you. I know how you can get her and many other powerful skills, but you'll have to help me on my mission as well.

 

 

Rino: Closed, but what exactly do you want from us.

 

 

Old man: You will be my assistants and help me get the parts I need for my creation.

 

 

Rino: Okay, but you won't dismember us, we will.

 

 

Old man: What? Don't be sorry if I hinted that, I want you to kill strong monsters and help me reconnect them using my necromancer magic.

 

 

Rino: Look, this can be a problem, the only monsters on the island are those created by you and the ones in the city, trying to get something else would be very complicated because in addition to getting the bodies in other places far from the island we would have to bring them to this island and charge them for hours to get here, it will take several days to do that.

 

 

Old man: Don't worry about the transportation part, I can handle it.

 

 

He takes us to a room full of books, pushes a ladder and starts to climb it.

 

 

Old man: Where did I leave that book, if I'm not mistaken it was around here, I thought, with that transport won't be a problem.

 

 

He hands us a book and we start to read.

 

 

Rino: The title is Space Portals: moving from short to long distances, well let's read it.

 

 

We sit in a circle and start to leaf it, it is much longer than most of the books in this world. It is full of thoughts about space and its various forms of vision when we are finished with a skill.

 

 

(You have acquired the skill Portals level 1)

 

 

Rino: But did anyone get that skill?

 

 

Domo: I did it.

 

 

Onegawara: I did it too.

 

 

Sukani: I'm sorry I couldn't do it.

 

 

I use it to evaluate Kato, Kaki and Rex, but only Kato got it.

 

 

Rino: Excuse me, but can you tell us why only a few of us can learn this skill?

 

 

Old man: Well, as I can explain, each skill itself is geared to a use and that use is linked to a multidimensional aspect of its own that exists in different ways in each being existing in a magical and material element and sub-element, it is not it is possible to predict what type will be applied to each one and without a connection it is impossible to learn a skill.

 

 

Domo: You can repeat I didn't understand the last part, better saying I didn't understand it was nothing.

 

 

Old man: So, to simplify, it is not possible for anyone to learn any skill, these things vary, deep down to obtain a skill there are only three ways, or you are born with it, or learn from a book, or spend months or even years training to get the skill you want and that training may never work.

 

 

Rino: So it is in luck that we got the skills.

 

 

Old man: Basically yes, I'm really sorry for what to do about it.

 

 

Rino: Okay, so how does this ability work?

 

 

Old man: It's quite simple, you use it to go to and from places you've been to before, as the name says, you create a portal and you and other beings can pass through it, so don't try to use it.

 

 

Rino: Okay, portal.

 

 

A small light appears and I see that the portal has opened, with my eyes I see through it and I see our hiding place, which is practical, there is only one problem, the portal is very small.

 

 

Rino: With this portal size none of us will be able to get through the portal, much less carry anything through it.

 

 

Old man: I had forgotten about this detail, practicing to increase the skill level will take time, but I have something saved that can help you, let me look for another book.

 

 

He starts running through a dark library, it is surprising that carrying so many cables through his body he moves that way, are they skills that allow him to do that, I cannot think of any other explanation.

 

 

Old man: Here in the last few shelves I left here, with this book the portal will work at full strength and not just him.

 

 

Rino: What do you mean?

 

 

Old man: This book contains a unique UR quality skill.

 

 

Onegawara: What would these things be, unique skill and quality?

 

 

Old man: You are very poorly informed, are not, let me explain the skills can be of two types qualitative skills that over time and use become more powerful or unique skills that already exist at maximum level, they fulfill a own function and no need to use MP to activate them, and the quality varies and can be normal or N, rare or R, super rare or SR and the best of all ultra rare or UR quality skills, quality is linked with its difficulty in obtaining and its enormous power.

 

 

Rino: And what skill would you say?

 

 

Old man: This book is very short, it only has two pages, I do not guarantee that everyone will be able to learn it, let alone one of you, nor did I, but if you do it will be an excellent reinforcement, please try.

 

 

I take the book and we squeeze again to read it.

 

 

Rino: His title until it's short is called O maximum.

 

 

I start reading it even though it is short it is difficult to understand it is in what seems to be a philosophical poetry, I force myself to understand, but I remember that I already read something similar in my philosophy classes when I was human and I can finish reading.

 

 

(You have acquired the skill Maximous lvl Max.)

 

 

Rino: I did it and you.

 

 

Domo: No, I didn't understand anything about that book either.

 

 

Onegawara: I'm also out of luck.

 

 

Sukani: I failed again to get sorry.

 

 

Rino: Okay, you said that it would be difficult to achieve, let me check the others.

 

 

When I used to rate us others I saw that none of them had succeeded.

 

 

Rino: So I apparently got it, so what does this skill do?

 

 

Old man: As I said before, it is a unique skill of UR quality, it can raise one of its abilities to the maximum level, but only one at a time and after it stops using the skill it goes back to the level it was before.

 

 

Rino: REALLY SERIOUS!

 

 

Old man: Of course to use first say Maximum and then the name of the skill you want to use.

 

 

Rino: Alright there, Maximum Portals.

 

 

(Due to skill The maximum portals goes up to lvl Max)

 

 

I open a portal the size of the floor to the roof of the castle and it is long enough to pass an army through it.

 

 

Onegawara: With that you are infinitely more powerful than you were when we arrived here, with that we will be able to go ahead and prepare more details of the big plan, my concerns are diminishing, tell me how you feel with this new power.

 

 

Rino: To be honest, I'm very excited.

 

 

Old man: Okay, with that, we will not have problems for both of us to achieve our goals, now you help me with my creation and I give the book containing the brainwashing skill, do we have a deal?

 

 

Rino: Yes, we have a deal.

8