[Vol. 5] Chapter 16 – Steps
375 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The steps do not take much longer, this is only the first floor. There is still a lot to climb when I arrive. I see many adventurers and no monsters must have exterminated everyone who was here.

 

Rino: From what the king said, they only reached floors 21 and 22, didn't they?

 

Princess: Yes, more information was also investigated, we found that every ten floors the type of location of the dungeon changes.

 

Teshiki Kizuto: What do you mean?

 

Princess: From the 1st to the 10th floors, the scenery is the same, just straight without anything made of concrete, more from 11 to 20 it becomes more closed and with trees, and from what was reported from 21 onwards it is a very dense forest full of strong monsters so they didn't get very far.

 

Rino: So it can be assumed that from floor 31 onwards, you have to change the scenario again, this is very important information.

 

Princess: There are more at the end of every ten floors, there is a final monster, a boss so to speak and their level has increased a lot as the soldiers who were exploring said.

 

Rino: So at levels 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100 there is a boss, that means we have already gone through two, can you tell what monsters they were?

 

Princess: Yes, they were a stronger version of monsters on the same floor, on the tenth floor there was a giant slime, on floor 20 there was a mechanical golem it is bad to say that more soldiers died to be able to defeat them so we need as many people possible to get to the top.

 

After the explanation of Princess Mile they continue, the group of Rino and the group of Teshiki climbing several steps and passing through huge rooms before filled with monsters now empty, in a continuous rhythm without stopping until they reach the 22nd floor takes about an hour and a half to get there.

 

Teshiki Kizuto: Wow, that took a long time, we can take a break now.

 

Princess: I'm so sorry, we need to continue Mr. Teshiki if we can never reach the top in time to be the first to arrive.

 

Wow, this guy is still a suitcase after all, but looking around the adventurers' behavior is strange instead of being all going the same way as we were until now.

 

Adventurer: Ah some guys have already reached floor 24 and ended up coming back because the monsters were very strong although they were newbies, but they said that more than one way to get to the next floors they also warned that they are finding treasures that go from rare items to gold chests so they are spreading.

 

Rino: Thanks for the information.

 

So basically there are people filling their pockets and leaking from here, it is a good strategy if it is as difficult as they say it is better to get what you get before it is impossible to proceed or someone gets the treasures first.

 

Until it's not a bad idea to walk away, I'm still not used to fighting like a human. Staying in this form takes a lot of effort and energy, if I can climb a few floors alone, only our group will be able to use my full power.

 

Rino: Well I think that as far as we know it would be better to split up so we’ll cover more path and we’ll be on two fronts and the chance of getting to the top faster increases.

 

Princess: It's a good idea, but ...

 

Teshiki Kizuto: So we agree, so we also avoid wasting time arguing.

 

Rino: I'm glad you understood if you take care and more importantly take care of your group.

 

Teshiki Kizuto: Needless to say.

 

I wanted to spend more time with the princess. She is a nice person to talk to and stay with more while we are in the same group. here the banquet plan, the philosopher's stone and most importantly our lives so we follow different paths is the best option at the moment.

 

Gradually we follow one path and they follow another and so we distance ourselves even more, we are too close to other humans to stop worrying so moving on is the first step.

 

Rosi: Those guys are really cool.

 

Rino: Wait, you're still here, and you and her group are together.

 

Jogho: She made us follow you to spend more time with Sukani.

 

Rino: Who are you?

 

Jogho: My name is Jogho and I'm an elf as you can see and this is Nancy.

 

Rino: Okay, no offense, but they can stop following us, we will be better off if we are just ourselves.

 

Rosi: No way, I want to keep this piece of cuteness.

 

Sukani: You're already irritating, it's a shame for an adult adventurer to want to stay behind cute things you should grow up with.

 

Sukani's words are like an arrow in her heart that make her look like a silly crybaby, her companions carry her away and distance themselves from us, after that we keep walking looking for a ladder and when we find we go up to the floor 23 , by some chance of fate we didn't delay and then we arrived at 24 and I can say this floor is a pandemonium.

 

There are monsters wolves running in the mountains towards adventurers, some are fighting and others trying to escape, there are even some fallen on the ground, I can't say if they are dead or passed out from serious wounds.

 

Such a wolf starts coming towards me and jumps in the air with his mouth full of bloody sharp teeth, I may not be at my full power anymore to defeat these guys I won't have any difficulty thanks to the combo skill I can use more skills once and for all this I can maintain this form and give another attack receive my spikes that are at maximum level.

 

The attack is so strong that it kills him and continues to kill several others at once, the rest didn’t like it and they all go after me but it won’t be enough dumb to Hermes’s speed ability and with my super boost at the cut speed everyone using my machete.

 

(Knife mastery goes up to level 2)

 

There was none left until they were very easy to defeat if I was in my normal form I think they would not even be able to harm me if they tried, they were not so strong the number was certainly the factor of their greatest strength.

 

Then we tried to help the adventurers there, now I have a healing ability so I can do a little to help them, after that I advise you to come back are dozens of adventurers giving up and making the return home, in the end the vast majority of those who came here were newbies after fame and fortune with that it will not be difficult to open a distance.

 

They said that some adventurers tried to run straight to the top floor so we are likely to find more people and even stronger adventurers so we need to keep going up.

4