Chapter 7: The evil art of soul strengthening
126 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

According to the book, my state before the soul snitching experiment was already sufficient to advance in the last stage. Apparently, what I did is something very few people manage to do. According to the book, This action would label me as a ‚genius‘ in the order. It has the benefit, that later on, I will have an easier time setting up and using formations and other general benefits. Also, in the later stages, I will have an easier time breaking through. Whatever that has to do with that.

The next two stages seem similar, but the second stage must be done before the third stage, or it would be hard to temper the main vessels after the branch vessels were tempered. It also mentions, that tempering it simultaneously is ill-advised, it leads to problems throughout the apprentice stage. No reason was given for this one.

„Wow, the ‚evil‘ method is pretty hardcore. But it shouldn’t be a problem,“ I say to myself.

Am I already at the stage where I speak to myself? Whatever. A mystery for another time.

There seem to be two different methods for strengthening the vessels. The first one is a mysterious meditation method; a basic explanation is in the book. The second is to take Soul essence from other people and use it as fuel to strengthen my own. The method looks evil and is most likely just that.

Luckily for me, I have a very cooperative person or soul in the form of Subject#001.

„Alright buddy, you got to live up to the name of my first test subject.“ I mumble.

So the first method is rather simple. I have this basic mysterious meditation method. It has three components. First a breathing exercise, second a strange hexagonal formula, and third a method, with which I can push soul juice into the formula.

I can compare it to an engine. The breathing exercise is the cooler. The formula itself is the engine and the soul juice is the fuel. And the energy that the engine makes can be used for improving the soul. So far so good.

Now the second method is similar. Instead of the third part, I don’t use my soul juice, but first remove a part of someone else’s, in this case, our buddy subject#001 ones, and through a method purify it and then push it into the engine. It has a couple of more steps, but it is also a lot more efficient.

The Order warns that the second, evil method shouldn’t be used alone, it is best if it is used with the second method. That’s good for me. While in school I can meditate using the mysterious meditation method, after I get home, I can use the 2nd method for advancement. This allows for a balanced diet, I mean advancement.

Then let’s begin.

Firstly I sit comfortably on my bed. Then I rehear the meditation method a couple of times. When I am sure that I can execute it correctly I enter a deep meditation. For the first try, I empty my mind and bring myself to my peak concentration.

The breathing exercise seems to bring my vessels to a strange harmony. Most likely this is necessary for the even strengthening of the main vessels, now I only concentrate on the main vessels and visualize the Formula.

It feels strange. But not in a bad way, more like a relaxing way. It had taken me more than an hour to get the formula properly connected. It turns out, that the hexagon-like shape has the purpose of connecting my limbs, head and torso together. That’s unexpected. The way magic works is really interesting. Then the inner circles and figures are there for the regulation of the flow and the ‚burning‘ of the soul juice into energy.

The feeling is addictive. Physically and psychologically. It feels great knowing that I can become supermen and I also feel a physical reaction, which feels great too. I wonder why this planet is not completely filled with superman and women. Oh, talent. Whelp, too bad for you.

After 30 minutes of meditating, I feel really tired and somewhat hungry.

I sneak into the kitchen and take a piece of bread, quickly eat it.

„Osric, what are you doing?“ a female voice says behind me. Who else could it be but my mother? She enters the kitchen and turns on some kind of light source. It seem to work similarly then the oven is saw earlier.

„Mom, I am just a bit hungry. I am still growing, yep, still growing,“ I say. The last part a bit louder than the first.

„Really? Alright, but eat more, if you are hungry. No need to sneak into the kitchen after dinner. I will buy some more bread, so if you are hungry you can have some more.“ she says and leaves the kitchen, going back into their room.

It seems like their bedroom is the room behind the other door in the kitchen. I thought before, that that is a pantry.

Having eaten the piece of bread, I am back in my room and ready to use the second method.

I go back into a deep meditation. The second method needs to do that. How they steal a piece of soul from another person in this state is a mystery to me. Maybe the instructors help them, so they don’t talk about it in the book.

Finishing the preparations, the formula is properly executed. The purifying method is also rather easy to accomplish.

Then I cut a piece of subject#001’s soul, or rather I try to, it is harder than it seems.

First, I try it with the main vessels, then the branch vessels. I don’t seem to be powerful enough to cut off a piece. Then I try to cut off a piece at the edge of the soul, and tadaa, success.

Afterwards, the other steps go by without a hitch.

Power! I can feel unlimited power! And gone. Wow that’s a lot of progress compared to the normal method. No wonder most would take this path. This order doesn’t seem that innocent anymore.

I repeated the same process for another hour. The amount of strengthening I had done is about the same I would get for half a day of meditation. At least that is my estimates after trying the first method. I can, of course, be totally wrong, but I trust my own judgement

So I will meditate in the school and after dinner I will have fun with my roommate, Subject#001.

But damn, the second method sure is tiring. And everything is black again.

 

6