Chapter 1: Previous Life
383 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What she looks like in her past life

***The photo above is how she looks like in her past life.

"Hmm it's 12:10 am and I haven't done my biology and literature homework"

Anna started to open her textbook and stare mindlessly at it for a couple of minutes.

"Ugh... I don't want to do all this but I do need to have mostly A's for that 4.0+ GPA"

After 1 hour of writing, Anna got off her chair and jumped right into her bed. When she woke up for school, she checked to see if there were any updates on the manga she liked.

After quickly reading a new chapter, she changed her clothes and prepared for school. Her mother and sisters were still sleeping until she barged in looking for her missing jacket.

"Shut up! I'm trying to sleep. Why didn't you pack your clothes before you slept as Cindy does?" - Mom

"Well you're the one who gets annoyed when I choose my clothes at night" - Anna

"Ah, I found it." - Anna

"Okay, I'm leaving for school" - Anna

She put on her earbuds and opened Spotify to listen to her playlist of BTS, Sunmi, Billie Eilish, Halsey, and other KPOP songs. While she was walking to school, she checked novel updates for new chapters on those villainess novels.

"I hope it won't be another situation where the female MC is super dense or lets the male lead push her around. I want a strong female lead without any cheating males (>人<;) or white lotus flies"

*****After school*****

Anna opened the door home when she saw her father came home from work.

"Uh oh, is this going to be another day of him bothering me to help him and in the end, I don't finish my homework. And when I try to do it during the night, he would lecture that other kids finish their work at 6"

Anna quietly walked and tried to start her math homework when her dad called for her.

"Anna, come over here. I need your help with this website. What does this mean"- Dad

"Okay..." - Anna

And thus, Anna only had small breaks to do her homework until it was 8 pm.

"Ugh...I wish he wasn't so dependent on me. Every time he gets a message or mail he would make me read it because I understand English better than him. Each time he encounters a problem it's always me. Even for the littlest things like posting stuff on Facebook"

Anna's parents aren't proficient in English and English is their third language. As such, they rely on her heavily for matters that a 17-year-old wouldn't know. Whether it be taxes or gas bills. Whenever she doesn't know what to do, they criticize her as if all those years at school were useless. However, Anna's parents did love her and she knew that they sacrificed so much for her.

"They don't want to learn and whenever I offer to teach them how to use certain functions on the computer, they play it off saying 'I don't have to do that, you're here'"

"At this rate, I'm losing my sense of freedom"

"I wish something good will happen"

??????'? ℕ??? 

Hi, this is Anu. Pronounced (Ah-new) just my nickname friends call me by. For this chapter, I kept it in a third-person narration but that's going to change as I want to show the character's thoughts. I may start doing a 1st person with Anna's thoughts in narrations of "I" instead of making those dialogue.

11