Chapter 2: Previous Life – School News
280 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RING RING RING

"five more minutes"

RING RING RING

"ugh fine"

I got up and started wearing my usual t-shirt and leggings. Since the walk to school is 30 minutes, I have enough time to read new updates while listening to So What by BTS. 

***School Lunch***

"Hey, Anna have you seen the news?" -Ezzy

"News? Ezzy what are you talking about?" - Anna

"OMG, check the school website" -Ezzy

I turned on my phone and went to the school website when I saw a note from the principal. It says that there have been cases of murder around the neighborhood and the police think it can be a serial murder based on the MO. 

"So, there's a serial murder on the loose?" - Anna

I don't think that this will affect me. I mean, I'm normal and don't cause others to hate me. That stuff seems unreal. 

"Look below" -Ezzy said while rolling her eyes

"The victims are mostly high schoolers and college students." - Anna

I felt a chill in my back when I read the note out loud. I hope that the next victim won't be me. 

 "Either way, we still have to take the math test" - Anna 

I and Ezzy both sighed while imagining how bad we'll do. 

DING DONG

School's over so I should walk home. 

"Humming" 

"HELP" -???

Huh? What was that? 

I ran toward the source of the scream along with other people who were nearby. The scene was terrible. I saw a guy lying on the ground with a pool of blood around him. My body started to shake. Next to him was a girl being held, hostage to an older guy around his late 40s. The older guy had a knife up against the girl's throat. The girl looked like a high schooler. She looked like the girl I saw at the lunch table near mine.

"Help me please" -???

"Shut up! Don't move any closer unless you want this girl to die" - Older guy

I saw the people around me gasp with fear. I took out my phone and tried to call the police. However, the older guy saw me and brought the knife closer to her throat that it was bleeding. 

"Damn it" - Anna

I held a fist while my nails pierced through my skin. I was mad that I couldn't do anything. 

Luckily some people further away managed to call the police without being caught. 

"Please let me go..." - ??? 

She was crying so much that my heart dropped. I wish that something can be done. 

Then, the man started to swing his knife around. He wanted to get across us and run away. A younger man leaped from his side to get the knife away from her. While they were struggling to get the knife, the girl tried to run away from his grip. I ran through and grabbed her arm. 

"Here" - Anna

I pulled her with all my strength. I guess despite my shaky voice and arms, I couldn't stay still and do nothing. With my meager strength, I pulled as hard as I can.

The older guy noticed her leaving and broke free from the younger guy. He was running toward us while yelling "AAAH"

We tried running away from him but he was gaining momentum. The people around us were screaming and children started crying. I heard the police siren in a distance.

"RUN faster!" - Anna

It wasn't until 10 seconds later, he caught up to us. 

"You'll pay for this!" - older guy

"Police! Hands up!" - Police

Yes! Finally, the police arrived. I sighed in relief but he was still there with his knife. Now he had bloodshot eyes and was getting angrier. 

"You can't stop me!" - older guy

The police got out their handguns but he came running towards us with a screech. At that moment he stabbed me at the abdomen and a police officer shot him right after. 

"Ahhhhh!" - ???

"Get the ambulance, we have a high school student who has been stabbed on her abdomen. She's still breathing faintly" - Officer

The children nearby started to scream and cry at the sight they saw while their mothers were covering their eyes. 

This is truly my worst day. I wish it was a nightmare but it's reality. 

Hello, thanks for reading my story. Just to let you know but I update on Wattpad first then here. The reason why is because I started on Wattpad a while ago so I'm used to their website. I'm trying to learn how to do all the other stuff on here as well. You can find it on Wattpad by searching up the same title. 

9