Chapter 6: Mariah Appears
169 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The pic above is her formal look. How she appears at parties or at school.

Anything in Italics is that character's thought. For when it's a 3rd POV. When it's 1st POV, just the regular text with " is thoughts and actions. 

***Mariah's perspective***

"Mom" - Mariah

"Hmm? What is it?" - Mariah's mom

"Do you know where my bag? I put some children's learning blocks in it for when I'm tutoring Anna today" - Mariah

"You lost it? I didn't see it, hurry up and prepare because you're going to leave in an hour. Don't make your chauffeur wait for you again" - Mariah's mom

Mariah's mom sighed again as it was common for her daughter to lose things when she needed it. Even though Mariah was a bright girl with good grades, she could be a little clumsy. 

I just hope that her first meeting with Nicoles's daughter goes well. She didn't get to see little Anna last year because her boarding school was far away but now with summer vacation she'll get to.

Sigh

"Ah! I found it. Okay, now let me get all the other things I've prepared in this box." - Mariah

This will be first time actually teaching a student one-on-one even if it's just my relative. I've tutored before as part of my volunteering service at school but it was for a group of underclassmen. This would be good for gaining some experience for my future career as a teacher. 

Mariah gathered up all the children activities and teaching workbooks in a big box. Since it was too heavy, she put it on a dolly to wheel around. She then went up to her room to change out of her casual clothing. 

As a young lady to the Starsky branch family, she was still part of high society and had to keep up her appearance. Mariah put on a silk blouse on top and a high waist woolen mermaid skirt. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

With an outfit change, Mariah no longer looks like the normal outgoing high schooler but a sophisticated lady. 

She walked out to the front and was greeted by her chauffeur. As he bowed towards her, he gave information about the drive.

"Miss, it should take fifteen minutes to reach the main family residence. Once we've arrived at the gate, there would be a quick security check for weapons." - Chauffeur

"That place is always so strict with stuff like that. It's just family visiting but we need to undergo a security check. Hmph" - Mariah

"Well, they don't want any danger to occur as Mr. Nicoles is the CEO of the Starsky Conglomerate. If he was hurt or even dead, the whole business would be unstable." - Chauffeur.

"Yeah, I guess that's true" - Mariah

Slight Chuckle from Chauffeur

Oh miss, is acting not a lady again

Mariah was not the one to keep a snobby or formal attitude to others. While classmates of her elite school acted like they are above others, she felt that it wasn't good to act like that. She kept a good relationship with all her friends regardless of social standing and treated all the workers at home as family. She just was an outgoing clever girl although forgetful at times. 

That may be why she wanted to be different from the bad teachers at her school. To set an example of how a teacher should be. 

Not the ones that treat the regular people and the rich differently. 

Not the ones that accept bribes from the parents.

Not the ones that criticize poor people's situation or family.

But a proper teacher that treats all students equally. 

"Miss, we've arrived at the gate" - Chauffeur

"Already! Man time flied as I was thinking of some stuff. Can you open the trunk, it has my teaching materials and a special gift I prepared" - Mariah 

"Yes" - Chauffeur

The Chauffeur opened the trunk and effortlessly set up the folding dolly cart with the boxes on top. 

"It's ready" - Chauffeur 

"Okay, now to start my 1st day of tutoring!" - Mariah

"She's come" - ???

I'm back! Sorry for the long hiatus. I didn't know how to put the story in hiatus mode in Wattpad so I only did it on Scribblehub (main account). And for those that didn't know why I was gone it was because:

                 1. I lost/forgot my login info so I kinda was stopped from updating

                 2. I had college classes and exams to take. My school doesn't do semester system but quarter so every 10 weeks I have completely new classes, teachers, and classmates. That means my midterms and finals are really close. I had a midterm Friday and a final the next Monday before :(

                 3. I had a huge writer's block but I did think of the story the whole time. It was constantly in my head. I have done a bunch of new character gathering (art, profile, and personality) and it's saved in my computer.

Spoiler

Look out for 1 more new imp character in the next few chapters.

[collapse]

 

 

Should I change the title?
  • Yes Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 3 · This poll was closed on Apr 18, 2021 12:40 AM.
4