PART 8
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I opened my eyes to see the roof above me.
I couldn't move very well but at least I was better than before.
But that was a different roof than where I was before.
Quickly I got up and looked around.
This wasn't the warehouse rail car nor the section behind it.
 It was the room I was led to by that conductor, 'my' beloved room.

As I was still a little dizzy, voices started talking to me.
"Ran
Ran
RANT!!!"
"Are you okay? you got up so I assumed you were conscious again." The one talking to me was none other than Tada. 
But he seemed worried for me, which made me happy.

"Ye-yeah I'm alright..." I said yawning.
"We're very glad you are alright sir Ran, you see master Tada was very worried about you, he didn't stop looking at you, waiting for you to wake up"
"HIDEYOSHI WHAT THE HELL!!"
{Hey hey...that is a bit creepy man}
I thought as I looked at Tada screaming at Hideyoshi.

"umm...May I ask what happened?"
Upon my question, everyone stopped.
"YOU'RE TELLING ME YOU DON'T REMEMBER!? YOU WERE TOTALLY COOL MAN!!...I-I mean...you were pretty cool for a commoner, but THE GREAT ME was definitely cooler"
Hideyoshi laughed at his master's comment, as Tada started punching him.
"As master Tada said, you really were cool sir Ran"
Said Chiaki smiling, which she didn't do very often.

It took me by surprise but then I remembered.
"What about little miss? is she okay?" I asked as Tada nodded.
"She went back to her room, I hope they'll let her inside now that the attack is over"
Tada replied with a perplexed look on his face.
"By the way sir Ran, if you don't mind me asking, about that green piece of cloth you held before, judging by your expression, it's something important is it not?"
Said Hideyoshi as I took the bandanna out of my pocket.
"That's right, it's a present my childhood friend gave me, well it's probably one of the most important things I have ever received"

The butler put a smile on his face.
"If that's so then why don't you wear it? I'm sure it will look good on you"
Hideyoshi replied as he stood up to help me wrap it around my head.
"How about that?"
I smiled as Tada and Chiaki took a close look at me.

"Wait a minute something is not right"
"I agree master, my brother could do better"
They said as they both fixed my look each with their own unique touch.
The result was magnificent.
{Pandora sure knows her picks, As for Tada and his servants...They're amazing people}
I thought as I smiled.
Now some hair slicked back and some to the front, most above the green bandanna.

{GREAT! with my new look, today the new ME will be born, the ME that will try his hardest again and again, the ME that someday will be called the strongest swordsman and be respected by many!}
Some tears fell from my eyes, thinking about my dream coming closer. 
About the time I will see her again.
Knowing that the path I chose was possible, it filled me with happiness.

"Sir Ran, are you feeling alright?"
"Why are you being a crybaby Rant? did something happen?"
I smiled at them.
"No, it's just that I'm glad I'm here right now"
"You sure are a weird guy"
Tada said as Chiaki gave me a handkerchief that she had below her top hat.
"Why do you..." I asked looking at her.
"It's for emergency situations to be used by master Tada, but you seem like you need it more right now"
I took the handkerchief and wiped my eyes.

At that moment the speaker was heard again.
"Attention all passengers, we are approaching the DIVE in two minutes, it's advisable to stay in your rooms as slight turbulences might occur, but do not worry we have everything under control now."
After Hideyoshi stood up.
"Alright then, how about we go find a nice seat in the front row?"
"What are you talking about? the driver said to stay in our rooms didn't he?"
I was anxious since I had heard many things about that so-called DIVE but i never witnessed it in person.
{That's it...I already got my fair share of danger for today.}

The butler, smiling as always, shook his finger left and right in response to my comment.
"You see sir Ran, the DIVE is one of the so-called seven wonders of the world, as for your safety, we'll always be close so please do not worry and enjoy the view"
After that, the trio walked towards the front of the train and proceeded to head to the top of the roof, where the servants sat down as they quickly positioned their weapons behind them.

"What are you guys waiting for?"
"Master Tada and you sir Ran please sit close to us"
Said Hideyoshi and Chiaki, inviting us to sit beside them.
As we did, I looked in front of us.
The DIVE. One of the famous seven wonders of the world was just seconds away now.
A gigantic hole in the ocean's surface.
As we approached I noticed that the rails were continuing right through it, passing right through the ocean.

"This...really looks so unreal..."
"If that seems unreal to you wait till we get inside"
Hideyoshi held my arm, as the train went through the hole.
I found it weird but quickly noticed that Chiaki did the same to Tada.
Suddenly, the train started moving faster, I closed my eyes as a strong pressure was trying to blow us away.
Thanks to the servant duo, we were fine and what was in store for us upon our entrance, was truly amazing.

I opened my eyes only to be surprised.
It was the ocean, we were actually below the surface.
We could see fish and turtles, even dolphins.
They were all swimming around inside the sparkling water, that was now showered with the orange colored rays of the afternoon sun.
It truly was a sight to be seen.

"So? how do you like it?" Said Hideyoshi as he looked at me.
"It's beautiful...wait!!" I said covering my mouth.
He laughed at my reaction.
"Sir Ran let me ask you something, why do you think the DIVE is so famous?"
looking at Hideyoshi being so carefree I quickly realized the reason: we could breathe.
We could breathe underwater.

"We can breathe, but how is that possible?"
"Boo Boo, that's wrong! the reason the DIVE is so famous is because the one who made it was a swordsman. You may have not witnessed one yet but, techniques are amazing you know! It really looks like we're breathing underwater but in reality, we're inside a huge tunnel made of bubbles! Bubbles are clear and that is precisely why you didn't notice it right away little sir Ran"
But out there... there was something else as well.

A shadow. A much larger one, bigger than anything we've seen before.
"H-HIdeyoshi, what is that?"
Tada asked his servant as he pointed towards the big shadow.
"I...don't actually know master Tada, we've never witnessed anything like it before"
The butler replied as the shadow suddenly revealed itself:
It was an eye.
A gigantic eye in the bottom of the ocean.
We were freaked out.

As the rails were finally leading outside the water, they continued at its surface.
The train raised it's speed once again as the mechanisms on it changed.
As it rose out of the ocean floor, the train ejected two small,turbine-like machines on each side.
The machines started floating, releasing hot air from below them.
It seemed that somehow the train was able to maintain its balance on the water surface: maybe those machines prevented it from falling.
It really felt like we were riding a train on top of the water.
As we were finally able to see the sky again, the gigantic blue creature emerged from the ocean.
It was a limbless,serpent-like creature, with giant wings on his back.

"I have heard stories about it"
Hideyoshi said, calm like nothing was happening.
"People in Begonia City refer to this creature as the king of the sea, but as it seems it's only a dragon after all"
As he was explaining, the creature started manoeuvring around, jumping in and out of the water like a dolphin.
Behind it, three smaller dragons were following. They seemed like babies, two big blue ones and one small green one.
But of all the creatures, the green one couldn't keep up with the leader and started falling behind.

"Come on!! What are you doing!? Keep going, you can catch up to them!!"
The sudden outburst came from Tada who unexpectedly was cheering for the green dragon.
And just like a miracle, the young dragon seemed to hear Tada.
It started moving faster and faster trying to reach the others, becoming ever so quicker each time Tada was cheering, and in the end, he did it.
He caught up and joined the others.
"YEAH! THAT'S IT! YOU DID IT!!"
Tada seemed happier than ever when suddenly the green dragon changed direction.
It jumped and launched itself towards him.
The dragon ended up on top of Tada and started licking his cheek as a dog would do.

"Who's your friend Tada?" I asked laughing.
"You can see it's not my friend you asshole, now help me get it away from me"
Tada's reply was rude as always, but either way, I tried to remove the dragon from him.
"Master Tada wait!!"
"Please don't move so much"
Said the servants trying to help us, a slight mistake was enough though, for us to accidentally fall into the water.

Me and Tada tried our best to swim as fast as we could.
But the train seemed to be way far ahead.
Suddenly we felt our feet touching something.
It was a cold,scale-filled surface, that suddenly rose us in the air.
"I-It's the dragon!" I said pointing towards him.

Tada was as freaked out as I was, but all our anxiety got bigger when we saw the dragon diving in the sparkly but cold water.
The view inside was great, an experience that not many are able to see in their life, observing it on the back of a majestic beast made it ever so epic.
As we were watching around, the dragon suddenly started moving. It headed towards the train at an incredible speed.
It really took us by surprise but me and Tada held on it's back and tried our best to not let go.
Seconds later we caught up to it, as the beast let us back on the roof again.

The servants were stunned as were we.
But it was an amazing experience nonetheless.
looking at us the beast let a majestic roar as it looked towards the green one who seemed to be sad.
The little green dragon looked towards Tada and tried to approach him.
And as Tada looked back, he let a sigh.
"you really need to be more polite when you want to befriend someone you know"
He said as he approached the little green dragon and pet it's head.

The dragon seemed delighted, and once again jumped on Tada and started licking him.
As it kept licking him, the speaker was once again heard.
"Attention to all passengers, we are now only five minutes away from our destination, we thank you for traveling with us and we wish you had a pleasant trip"
The time had passed now and we were finally minutes away from our destination.

The dragon roared once again as the little one got off Tada.
 It seemed the time for it to leave was also here.
"Hey, I happen to have this little feeling, that one day we will meet again"
Said Tada looking at the sparkly eyes of the little dragon.
But before the beasts head off, the little green dragon gave him a present: a scale from its body.

After Tada politely accepted it as he smiled back at his new friend.
"Have a safe trip home Little Green and show everyone what you're worth you hear me!!?"
He shouted as the two beasts were on their way.
"WOW! That's really awesome master Tada! you know, dragons are an extinct species because their scales make the best weapons. That is precisely why they are afraid of humans, It's the first time I've ever heard about a dragon giving willingly its scales to a human, that means the Little Green really loves you"
Hideyoshi explained as Tada and I looked at the scale.

"Tada you really are AMAZING!!!"
"HAHAHA BUT OF COURSE THE GREAT ME WOULD BE!!"
We really were excited. And after that, it happened.
We could finally see it! the city where everything started. Our destination, Minami City was finally right in front of us.

As the night fell, the group known as 'Sound Waves' rushed out of the water.
"So what was it boss? will you tell us already?"
Said Yoshida lighting the campfire.
"You know Yoshida, I saw something really interesting today"
Replied Shiki with a straight face as he stood up to take a stroll around.
"We may not found him today either, but we found someone pretty close"
Looking at the moon filled his mind with grief.

"That look of his...it really brought a chill to my spine. It was just like his"
Ukeda who was close crouched beside him.
"I see...so you finally found one. Another dangerous person"
He said looking at his boss.
"Sora you bastard...where might you be hiding?"
An image popped inside Shiki's head.

The cruel memory of a child with blood splattered all over his face, sitting on top of a pile of bodies.
Shiki then let a sigh.
"Even though, that little one behind him wasn't far from it either. I don't know which one of them is stronger but, what I do know is that they truly were a scary bunch"
After he finished he and Ukeda returned to the campsite.

"What's going on here!? why the sad face my cuties?" Shiki asked as the others replied.
"You seemed down boss so we were trying to think a way to cheer you up"
Shiki smiled.
"I was right when I told them my gang is awesome!"
He then stepped on a log of wood close to the fire.

"REJOICE MEN!!! This was indeed a temporary loose, but the opponents I faced were strong nonetheless! So I really am glad to have with me, comrades that I can count on!"
The gang started cheering for their boss.
"Now let's eat! The night is still young my sweeties"
Shiki finished talking as his gang replied with a loud "YES!!".
0