Chapter 2: Gathering Of Fate
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Attention all passengers! We have arrived at our destination, please exit the train with caution. We, the stuff thank you for helping with the attack and wish you a pleasant stay"
Hearing the speakers we got ready to go on our way. The servants quickly got the luggage on hand as we stepped on the road of Minami City ready for our adventurous life to start.

"WE'RE HERE FINALLY!!" Said me and Tada as we stepped out of the train station. We were easily excited by the gleaming colorful lights and the smell of the delicious and expensive food that was all over the place.
"Come one you two"
"Yeah we have to get to the academy first"
Said Chiaki with her brother agreeing as they got in a taxi.

We followed them inside.
"By the way, Tada, How come and you agreed on taking a taxi to drive you to the academy?"
He then looked at me surprised.
"What do you take me for Rant? Just because I'm rich that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the simple things life gives me, after all, it would be a pain in the ass to have Hideyoshi drive us on a limousine."
Tada then got closer to towards me while looking at his servant.
"Just between us, he is not that good of a driver and I don't want to risk our lives by having him drive"
"Y-Yeah...I suppose that's reasonable"
After replying I looked outside the window.

There were all sorts of colorful lights that were glittering and decorating the night.
At that moment I thought about Pandora. What kind of face she would make if she looked at this scenery.
Thinking about it made me look all serious.
"It seems someone isn't feeling well"
As I was lost in thought the taxi driver talked to me.


She was a woman with short red hair, wearing a driver's outfit along with a pair of white gloves.
"What? No, it's nothing"
I said all flustered as the taxi driver continued.
"Don't worry I can tell! I do know this feeling very well you see: this is the feeling of love, so would you like to tell me? who's the special one?"
As she continued talking, my face started becoming redder by the second.


"Excuse me there! And who might you be to question Rant about his love life!?"
Said Tada trying to help me as the driver smiled.
"Oh of course! How rude of me, I should have introduced myself before meddling with your matters"
She then cleared her throat and continued.

"My name is Roxanne Star! Minami City's Ace in transportation. The one known as the speed star. May I ask you for details now? If it's okay that is"
Tada was about to interrupt her but I replied to her in the end.
"It's a childhood friend of mine, she's very bright and beautiful and clever! But she's away, and I might not see her for a while, I'm Ran by the way"
She laughed at my reply.
"Don't worry so much little Ran. If I know something about love,is that it doesn't go away that easily. Even if you two are away now eventually you'll see each other again I'm sure"

Roxanne's words brought me hope.
"And if you need some motivation, why don't you plan a date? Every year on Valentine's day, Minami City is holding a festival for all the lovebirds to find their mate. Take her there and I'm sure everything will be fine"
I looked at her with curiosity.
"That's great miss Star but why are you saying this to me?" I asked.
She giggled at my question.

"It's Roxanne! Or Roxie, do NOT call me by my last name. And let's just say it's from personal experience, and I've even heard that Tsugumin will make an exclusive performance"
"Tsugumin?"
Me and Tada were clueless as Hideyoshi replied.
"It's an Idol! I've heard she's incredibly popular"
At that moment Roxanne's tone changed.

"AH YES! Tsugumin is simply the best! She's so cute and elegant and her voice is so pretty. I can't get enough of her"
She seemed to be a huge fan of hers.
"But anyway enough about that, we have arrived at Tsurugi Academy" She said clearing her throat once again.
As we got off we thanked her.
"Don't sweat it, I'm sure we'll meet again eventually. This city's pretty small once you get used to it"
She said as she took off.

We then looked towards the huge silver gate with the crimson-colored roses that was standing behind us in all its glory. It certainly gave off a royal vibe, much like the gate for an enormous castle or a manor.
And there a figure was waiting for us: A tall man around twenty years old, with short wavy hair, dipped in the color of violet. He was wearing a red suit along with a purple tie and black gloves. He looked at us with his almost slit-like green eyes and his smiley face as he approached with his arms wide open.

"Hello there and welcome to Tsurugi Academy: The pride of Minami City! You must be Matsuri and Sugiyama am I correct?"
{He sure looks fancy} I thought.
The man bowed looking at us with the upper edge of his eyes. Looking at him I noticed a badge on his chest that was the crest of the academy.
At once the servants along with Tada bowed to the person in front of them.
"Headmaster Tsurugi, we didn't expect you to greet us of all people. Nevertheless, we're honored by your appearance"
"Excuse me!?" was what I was about to say. The Tsurugi Takagi I knew was an old man with long beautiful hair always dressed on his kimono. The one standing in front of me looked more of a business man kind of person.

I was standing completely still when Tada grabbed my head and pulled it towards the ground making me bow.
"Rant what the hell are you doing!? Show some respect"
He said with a voice that made him sound more embarrassed than angry.
The man wearing the red suit burst out laughing.

"I didn't expect people to recognize me, just today I decided to change my look, different times need different looks you could say"
Just then it hit me. Who I was having a conversation with, who was the man standing in front of me. It came to me as a shock, maybe hysteria but my legs instantly gave up on me upon my realization.
{Of course...even my legs are disappointed with me}
"I'M SO SORRY SIR!! THAT WAS SO DISRESPECTFUL OF ME!! W-WHAT TO DO?? HOW CAN I MAKE THINGS UP!?"
"It's quite alright my child, no harm done"
He once again laughed as he helped me up.

"Glad to see kids now days tend to quickly understand the situation. That's something that you'll need in the future if you strive for greatness. So great job sir Sugiyama you get full marks"
I was speechless. The man himself Tsurugi Takagi. The one I Idolized and looked forward to meet since I was little. That man was right now in front of me and moreover, praising me. It truly filled my heart with joy.

Then Takagi looked at the servants.
"It's great to have you two for another year, I just hope this time you won't be disappearing every now and then and miss your missions to fulfill your master's needs. You should remember that he may be a kid but he is stronger than he looks, and you two are not the only servants he has."
The servants nodded which surprised me: Hideyoshi didn't even try to joke about it let alone complain.
At that moment Takagi looked towards me and Tada

"As for your dorms. Sir Hideyoshi will show you the way. Sleep tight because tomorrow you'll need all the energy you can have. Well look at the time, I should get going! Once again I wish you good luck"
Said the violet haired man as he checked the time on his pocket watch before heading off leaving the four of us.

"~You TWO!!!!! what was the headmaster saying!? Did you really leave your posts every time, to serve me!!??"
Tada started scolding his servants like a mother would do as I sighed. If Pandora was here with me, how would she react? Probably exactly like me: We share the same passion for swordsmanship after all.
As the young master finally let them go, we followed Hideyoshi towards the dormitory as Chiaki took off towards the female section, upon reaching the academy's central pond.

The inside of our rooms looked amazing. More like a big apartment and less like a dorm room.
The floor made of polished wood, the colorful walls, it even had a pool on the balcony.
Three rooms were empty inside the supposed apartment."Wow!!" Me and Tada were stunned.

"We get to live here!?"I asked Hideyoshi who seemed rather impressed as well.
"I see headmaster Tsurugi has already seen through everything as expected. He even knew that little Ran was accompanying us" He seemed skeptical, looking at every room separately and thoroughly.
"I'll get the bigger one!" Said Tada walking towards the middle room.
I took a quick glance at him: it did not matter what room I chose.

In the end, I took the one in front of me; the right one as Hideyoshi took the left.
We were really tired, all of us. But as I walked inside and was about to drop off, I noticed something.
A black book laying on top of the office. It was untitled but it looked fairly small to be a novel.

Taking look inside, it wasn't empty. There were some pages written with black inc as for the graphic style of whoever wrote: it was elegant.
I thought of leaving it and going to sleep. "I shouldn't peek on other's works, it may be important to someone." I said... as I opened it on the first page and grabbed the pen that was on it.
It seemed like some kind of diary but it didn't contain any information about the author except for one note.

---- Dear reader: CONGRATULATIONS!! You just opened the puzzle box and scattered the pieces.      
       This letter was meant to be read first by you and you alone. 
      About the diary, nice present isn't it? you can use it when you want to write your progress.
     As for the puzzle, as you may have noticed, many of the pages in this book are missing. ----

I quickly swept through the diary to check. It was true. The diary missed more than half of its pages and from those that were there, only seven were written. It was still surprising to given the length of the book, at first glance someone would think it's brand new.
All curious, I returned to reading the note.

---- These pages are incredibly important.I'm sure you'll find them useful, because they contain pieces of information that you'll certainly       need to survive in this academy.
     As for the location of the pieces, I don't know... Maybe the academy? The city?
    They might even be scattered all around the world, and many people would want to get their hands on one.
    But you can do it I'm sure. It was fate that brought you here after all.
    So hang in there Little Ran.
   Just this once though I'll give you a little help so you can start.

   When you come across the one feared by many: Pay attention to the cross. ----

At that moment I felt chill. Like an unstoppable force piercing through me.A force that made me feel excited as I started writing, filling the pages with words.With my feelings and my experience throughout that ridiculous adventure of mine.
I wrote and wrote evermore. And gradually started feeling ever so much tired than before, until I finally fell asleep without realizing.

0